Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
falconfreek123

Official Cowboys @ Rams Thread

180 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, mqg96 said:

I agree, but Trufant still hasn't been that relevant for the Falcons since his injury. 2015 was his last full good season, and he's only had 2 postseason starts in 1 season for us since he was drafted. Robert Alford may have problems with penalties but he plays with more effort and he's made bigger plays in the past few seasons when it mattered most. See game gaming winning pick 6 against the Redskins in 2015. Picking off Brady in the Super Bowl. Game winning INT against the Panthers in week 17 last season. 

See I said a little lol. I’ve been critical of Trufant since he returned. He plays scared as **** now. I’m not gonna downplay it like others here saying he improved during the second half of the season and he grades this or that. Those grades are phoney as ****. Trufant has been bad since he started getting tested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, putnam6 said:

Well if its staged and you have it figured out, you should be making a fortune on the winners... so are you betting Sundays locks in these staged games.

It's not that simple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

See I said a little lol. I’ve been critical of Trufant since he returned. He plays scared as **** now. I’m not gonna downplay it like others here saying he improved during the second half of the season and he grades this or that. Those grades are phoney as ****. Trufant has been bad since he started getting tested

Is it the injury or the fat contract that's made him soft. He is not living up to his pedigree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VTCrunkler said:

Is it the injury or the fat contract that's made him soft. He is not living up to his pedigree. 

Or he probably never was that great. Just put some realistic thought into it, before he started getting tested, he looked to be that guy. Once he started getting tested he looked like Marcus Peters from this season with a few break ups here and there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Or he probably never was that great. Just put some realistic thought into it, before he started getting tested, he looked to be that guy. Once he started getting tested he looked like Marcus Peters from this season with a few break ups here and there

I'd prefer not to think he just wasn't good enough in the first place but that may have bee the case. I remember early on he really wasn't tested, that qbs "didn't throw his way". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

I'd prefer not to think he just wasn't good enough in the first place but that may have bee the case. I remember early on he really wasn't tested, that qbs "didn't throw his way". 

You can be optimistic if you want but it looks like that’s the case. He gets by because of his bloodline. Marcus was much much better throughout his career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nereek said:

Superbowl is already set... Pat's vs eagles again. Remember this.

I'm gonna help you out with your argument.  The NFL is ENTERTAINMENT, PERIOD.  They care about the bottom line which is influenced by their STORYLINES.  The Patriots have been their main storyline for almost two decades.   Now, every once in a while a new story or issue emerges.  Katrina gate and the Saints winning the Superbowl was one of them.

  In 2016 the Falcons were having a hard time selling those PSL seats.  The NFL had loaned money to help build that new dome in Atlanta.  Suddenly, the Falcons went on a winning streak.  In the playoffs the refs let them DESTROY Aaron Rodgers.  They even picked up a roughing the passer flag...:lol:  WHEN do refs to this?  They wanted the Falcons in that Superbowl so that they could recoup that money and sell those PSLS.  Sure enough folks went out and purchased those seats. Now its back to business as usual with the Falcons and people can't give those seats away...:lol:  

NOW, the two Los Angeles teams need to fill up their new stadium. SUDDENLY the Rams and Chargers are beasts and STILL standing in the playoffs...:lol:    A couple years back Shanahan was the hot name in coaching.  The 49ers needed to fill up that new stadium that nobody wants to go to...  Oakland  moving and getting a new stadium.  They go get the biggest name in coaching outside of Belichick.... If you can't see this stuff you don't want to...:lol:

Just watch HOW they call the game, particular with the quarterbacks...

Image result for brian poole sack aaron rodgers gif

 

Image result for falcons blast aaron rodgers nfc championship game

 

Related image

 

 

Edited by slickgadawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I'm gonna help you out with your argument.  The NFL is ENTERTAINMENT, PERIOD.  They care about the bottom line which is influenced by their STORYLINES.  The Patriots have been their main storyline for almost two decades.   Now, every once in a while a new story or issue emerges.  Katrina gate and the Saints winning the Superbowl was one of them.

  In 2016 the Falcons were having a hard time selling those PSL seats.  The NFL had loaned money to help build that new dome in Atlanta.  Suddenly, the Falcons went on a winning streak.  In the playoffs the refs let them DESTROY Aaron Rodgers.  They even picked up a roughing the passer flag...:lol:  WHEN do refs to this?  They wanted the Falcons in that Superbowl so that they could recoup that money and sell those PSLS.  Sure enough folks went out and purchased those seats. Now its back to business as usual with the Falcons and people can't give those seats away...:lol:  

NOW, the two Los Angeles teams need to fill up their new stadium. SUDDENLY the Rams and Chargers are beasts and STILL standing in the playoffs...:lol:    A couple years back Shanahan was the hot name in coaching.  The 49ers needed to fill up that new stadium that nobody wants to go to...  Oakland  moving and getting a new stadium.  They go get the biggest name in coaching outside of Belichick.... If you can't see this stuff you don't want to...:lol:

Just watch HOW they call the game, particular with the quarterbacks...

Image result for brian poole sack aaron rodgers gif

 

Image result for falcons blast aaron rodgers nfc championship game

 

Related image

if the superbowl becomes Chargers vs Rams.... wow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

You can be optimistic if you want but it looks like that’s the case. He gets by because of his bloodline. Marcus was much much better throughout his career. 

I am optimistic that we will figure out how to get better value out of the position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

I am optimistic that we will figure out how to get better value out of the position. 

Let me know how that works out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

See I said a little lol. I’ve been critical of Trufant since he returned. He plays scared as **** now. I’m not gonna downplay it like others here saying he improved during the second half of the season and he grades this or that. Those grades are phoney as ****. Trufant has been bad since he started getting tested

When you think you're too good to tackle but you're exceptionally average lol...I hope first practice of the season they have him returning punts and Bosher clotheslines the **** out of him.

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VTCrunkler said:

You'll be the first to know. 

I’ll probably forget this conversation ever happened by the time it does happen so forgive me if I ask you what the **** you’re talking about when it happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

When you think you're too good to tackle but you're exceptionally average lol...I hope first practice of the season they have him returning punts and Bosher clotheslines the **** out of him.

That would be dope tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

You can be optimistic if you want but it looks like that’s the case. He gets by because of his bloodline. Marcus was much much better throughout his career. 

Desmond was pretty good the first couple of years, but my worry about him was he would let guys get behind him and then rely on his speed to catch up. For the most part it worked, but you also see stuff like him turning the wrong way which is a big no-no. I think he's got plenty of talent, it's the brain that is the problem. In that regard, the clock I think has been kind of ticking for him ever since he got here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I’ll probably forget this conversation ever happened by the time it does happen so forgive me if I ask you what the **** you’re talking about when it happens

I'll remind you in a couple years. We all will still be here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VTCrunkler said:

I'll remind you in a couple years. We all will still be here. 

In a couple of years you’re definitely gonna get asked what the **** you’re talking about lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Desmond was pretty good the first couple of years, but my worry about him was he would let guys get behind him and then rely on his speed to catch up. For the most part it worked, but you also see stuff like him turning the wrong way which is a big no-no. I think he's got plenty of talent, it's the brain that is the problem. In that regard, the clock I think has been kind of ticking for him ever since he got here.

That’s the error in his game. If you(Tru) think using speed to catch up is the best thing to do, you’re ******* up from the start. Everyone can’t be Deion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

In a couple of years you’re definitely gonna get asked what the **** you’re talking about lol

My wife asks me that daily. 

DMT11 and ya_boi_j like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Nereek said:

if the superbowl becomes Chargers vs Rams.... wow.

Not necessarily.  They have garnered enough season ticket interest for the new L.A. stadium by the fact that both L.A. teams have made it deep into the playoffs.  My prediction is they try and milk the Brady and Brees story one more time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Not necessarily.  They have garnered enough season ticket interest for the new L.A. stadium by the fact that both L.A. teams have made it deep into the playoffs.  My prediction is they try and milk the Brady and Brees story one more time...

I hope not. I still think the story is eagles vs Pat's 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0