Knight of God

RB to Replace Teco - Your Thoughts?

155 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, R_The_Great said:

Well Coleman was a huge player in the Super Bowl game.  Coleman has been a home run TD threat and was the most consistent player in the playoffs.  We lose Coleman, we lose a huge heart on the team.  Freeman got his contract, grew out his hair and became soft

Just some more of you spewing crazy-*** dumb Mumbo-jumbo ****.

MSalmon, raysnill1 and Stryka like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JJC28 said:

If your a stud RB you can make the OL look really good its a fact.

And a stud OL makes average RBs look like AllPros.

NeonDeion likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 5:24 PM, Vandy said:

Just some more of you spewing crazy-*** dumb Mumbo-jumbo ****.

Free had over 1000 yards 2 years in a row and then had 865 yards while missing 2 games splitting carries with Coleman. TeCo only broke 800 yards splitting carries with Ito Smith. Free gave us double digit TDs each year as a starter but TeCo is our best back. 

Vandy and Stryka like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The RB from Memphis..I saw him. 1-cut, and gone. "Homerun TD capability". Not too much dancing either. He gets to the hole, and charges through it.

No more slow, indecisive, dancing RBs. Not too many extra steps.

Size? The FB can come-in, and get 3rd-and 1(s)

This guy is big-enough to block, and he will punish teams for doubling Julio and Ridley. 

 

FalconinPA likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

Free had over 1000 yards 2 years in a row and then had 865 yards while missing 2 games splitting carries with Coleman. TeCo only broke 800 yards splitting carries with Ito Smith. Free gave us double digit TDs each year as a starter but TeCo is our best back. 

He and the other free haters still stewing over how his contract negotiations were (mis)handled by his side.

Either that, or they are ******* blind.

raysnill1 and Stryka like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 2:34 PM, VoiceofReason95 said:

Jacobs absolutely has the talent, and I'm not being a homer as I'm a Georgia fan. He's also not going to go where I'd be comfortable with going ahead and getting him as I bet he ends up being a first round draft pick. The NFL absolutely loves pass catching backs today. If still there in the second, I'd take him, but I highly highly doubt he'll be there then, as it seems like the NFL is beginning to trend toward discounting raw stats and looking at overall ability.

Has Alvin Kamara 2.0 written all over him. 

Like I've talked about in discord (Braves discord, not a Falcons one), I'm for waiting and seeing if Devonta can bring it again with his ability due to the 2020 RB class. This year in the draft should be about trying to fix the LOS on offense and defense.

He reminds me way more of Ingram than Kamara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JJC28 said:

If your a stud RB you can make the OL look really good its a fact.

Gurley 2016 would like a re-do on that season then please 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconinPA said:

I live this guy. Even watched a few Memphis game to see him play. 

Love his highlights. Feel like we’d have to take him with our 3rd at the latest to grab him. Not sure we can afford to go RB until one of our 4th round picks.

FalconinPA likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see more of this guy - Qadree Ollison 6'2" 230lbs.

 

Sidenote: His FB #35 seems to be levelling guys left and right. Get his business card if you are scouting Qadree.

Edited by Geneaut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 2:04 PM, The Smart One said:

Not that I’m against looking at potential upgrades but I’m kinda good with the Freeman/Ito/Hill/Langford combo. 

Unpopular Opinion: We need someone to supplant Freeman. He's looking like a one year wonder to me. One great year and the others were just ok or injured. Personally, I haven't seen enough from him to believe that he's one of so many RBs who Shanahan made look better than he was.

And let's not talk about his pass protection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rugger8 said:

Unpopular Opinion: We need someone to supplant Freeman. He's looking like a one year wonder to me. One great year and the others were just ok or injured. Personally, I haven't seen enough from him to believe that he's one of so many RBs who Shanahan made look better than he was.

And let's not talk about his pass protection.

1 yr wonder = 3 years 3000 rushing yards 30 TDs 2 playoff runs and avg 8 ypc in Superbowl.

Missed a few blocks, just a super critical one. Shanahan didnt make Freeman the most elusive back in the league at one point.

raysnill1 and Smiler11 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Stryka said:

1 yr wonder = 3 years 3000 rushing yards 30 TDs 2 playoff runs and avg 8 ypc in Superbowl.

Missed a few blocks, just a super critical one. Shanahan didnt make Freeman the most elusive back in the league at one point.

1000/year rushing is not especially impressive. It's sort of the baseline of what is expected to be just good.

 

To me, this looks like Shanahan:

 

freeman.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now