Knight of God

RB to Replace Teco - Your Thoughts?

152 posts in this topic

I like Jacobs and, if available in 3rd round, would be a great pick - if we take him there though, this would definitely be Free’s last year because he wouldn’t be worth the money and Ito and Jacobs would have to get those carries - along with Hill.

youngbloodz and Knight of God like this

12 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Politefully disagree...Jacobs much better than both IMO

And how exactly is he "much" better than Holyfield? Anderson didn't play this year because of injury, so there's no telling if he'd be as good as his 2017 season indicated. I just like him because of his size at 6'1 220lbs. Holyfield on the other hand has proven he's better than Jacobs numbers wise. 

FalconsIn2020 and Mojojojo like this

4 minutes ago, Tomahawk Choppa said:

And how exactly is he "much" better than Holyfield? Anderson didn't play this year because of injury, so there's no telling if he'd be as good as his 2017 season indicated. I just like him because of his size at 6'1 220lbs. Holyfield on the other hand has proven he's better than Jacobs numbers wise. 

Holyfield is a tough runner.  I like him in the 5th.  Jacobs is dynamic.  3 down back who could rush for 1,300 yards & 400 yards receiving.  

Again, it’s just my opinion and in no way is it more valid than yours.

Edited by Falconsin2012

12 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

5-10 and 204..nah, he's about the same size as Matt Bryant.. Get me a big RB TD

Nowadays, those guys 6’1” and 225lbs don’t exist too much in NFL.  Average RB nowadays is 5’10”, 215lbs.

The bigger guys tend to not be as nimble either.

FalconsIn2020 likes this

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Nowadays, those guys 6’1” and 225lbs don’t exist too much in NFL.  Average RB nowadays is 5’10”, 215lbs.

The bigger guys tend to not be as nimble either.

That's why I was thinking Rodney Anderson. I'm just not sure where he's projected to go since he didn't play this season. 

11 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Holyfield is a tough runner.  I like him in the 5th.  Jacobs is dynamic.  3 down back who could rush for 1,300 yards & 400 yards receiving.  

Again, it’s just my opinion and in no way is it more valid than yours.

Agree to disagree lol. I personally don't think we'll end up with any of them. 

3 minutes ago, HMFIC said:

I  agree 100%.  He is exactly the kind of RB we need, fast elusive and powerful.  I don't know if Free will be the same next year and Ito is certainly not the answer.  Hill will be a situation back, and we have no one else on the farm. I hope Jacobs falls far enough for us to get him.

Jacobs probably goes late 2nd to Early 3rd.  Don’t think he makes it to our mid 3rd rounder.

8 minutes ago, Tomahawk Choppa said:

That's why I was thinking Rodney Anderson. I'm just not sure where he's projected to go since he didn't play this season. 

I believe Rodney Anderson has extensive injury history.   Doesn’t bode well for the NFL level.

The kid is a talent but probably a bad bet.

PokerSteve likes this

36 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Means a lot coming from you

Youngbloodz is as solid as they come.  Any question about recruiting football players in the state of Florida, he is your guy

Edited by Falconsin2012
g-dawg and papachaz like this

18 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

3.8 ypc and a headcase.  

When you don't have a passing game, you won't be as successful running the ball. What makes him a headcase though?

7 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

Would love Benny Snell or David Montgomery 

RB would have to be a necessity for us to draft Snell. He's more than likely a 1st rounder.

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

To be fair, Bama accumulates lije 550 yards of offense and like 7 ypc.  By the 3rd quarter Bama was forced to pass every down.  No OL looks good when every play is an obvious passing downs 

Agree - but there’s not that many Clemson DLs out there

The problem with Fournette, other than injuries, is he isn’t much of a receiver.

If you are a RB selected in the top 10, you need to have it all and be a serious receiving threat.

Looks good.

It is is going to be interesting to see how the backfield shapes up.

We know Freeman is a lock and you would have to assume that Ito will be a factor.....everything else behind him is a question. Hill showed some promise and ran hard towards the end of the year , Langford was just there.

If they think this kid can be something maybe we can have Hill bulk up and use him at fullback? He did OK there too

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

What do you think about Fournette?

He is worth a phone call to the jags.

especially if his guarantee money has been voided.

It is a bit of a pipe dream but him in a rotation with Freeman and Ito  with our outside skill guys would be Madden worthy

Faithful Falcon likes this

2 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

Freeman/It/Jacobs/Langford

Brian Hill will be cut once again.

Man yall really want hill gone. He looked better to me than langford.

FalconsIn2020 likes this