Knight of God

RB to Replace Teco - Your Thoughts?

155 posts in this topic

Coleman is basically out the door and Freeman is a big question mark this season after the injuries and concussion problems. Another bit hit to the head could end this guys career, which is an absolute shame. Devonta at his best is a top 5 back. 

If Devonta is done in a year or two, best case scenario is we have a guy like Josh Jacobs on the roster. My favorite running back in the draft and I’d take him at our second round pick and not bat an eye.

Just now, The Smart One said:

Not that I’m against looking at potential upgrades but I’m kinda good with the Freeman/Ito/Hill/Langford combo. 

Freeman/It/Jacobs/Langford

Brian Hill will be cut once again.

16 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Absolutely.  If he lasts until the 3rd, lets use him with ours and trade back into the 3rd to grab Percod - OG NC State, 6’4 345 lbs.  0 QB hurries or sacks allowed in 350 dropbacks.

Knight of God likes this

6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Absolutely.  If he lasts until the 3rd, lets use him with ours and trade back into the 3rd to grab Percod - OG NC State, 6’4 345 lbs.  0 QB hurries or sacks allowed in 350 dropbacks.

That’s what I was thinking 

Falconsin2012 and g-dawg like this

6 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I'm not big on Bama backs, only good one in a while was Mark Ingram. These guys are used to having superior blocking than everyone else. 

Our OLs are overrated 

Falconsin2012 likes this

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

That’s what I was thinking 

Since we can now trade comp picks, we can leverage our 2 mid round picks to get another 3rd round pick.  Love it.  Glad Bama’sOC opted to ignore him in the title game cause if he dominated, his stock would be rising quick

PokerSteve and Knight of God like this

5 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Our OLs are overrated 

I thought Clemson exposed Bama OL and made them look bad at times...of course Clemson DL made lots of Ols look bad

PokerSteve likes this

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

People don’t give BAMA coaches enough credit for how well their players are coached up.  Jacobs an overlooked 3 star recruit.

Exactly 

21 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

I thought Clemson exposed Bama OL and made them look bad at times...of course Clemson DL made lots of Ols look bad

To be fair, Bama accumulates lije 500yards of offense and like 6 ypc.  By the 3rd quarter Bama was forced to pass every down.  No OL looks good when every play is an obvious passing downs 

Edited by Falconsin2012

Jacobs absolutely has the talent, and I'm not being a homer as I'm a Georgia fan. He's also not going to go where I'd be comfortable with going ahead and getting him as I bet he ends up being a first round draft pick. The NFL absolutely loves pass catching backs today. If still there in the second, I'd take him, but I highly highly doubt he'll be there then, as it seems like the NFL is beginning to trend toward discounting raw stats and looking at overall ability.

Has Alvin Kamara 2.0 written all over him. 

Like I've talked about in discord (Braves discord, not a Falcons one), I'm for waiting and seeing if Devonta can bring it again with his ability due to the 2020 RB class. This year in the draft should be about trying to fix the LOS on offense and defense.

NeonDeion and Falconsin2012 like this

My reasoning is he's a power back with good speed and he can catch wasn't used much as a catching running back but he can do it and he can get you the one yard you need