Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
g-dawg

G-Dawg: Too Early 2019 Falcons mock draft

38 posts in this topic

Just now, etherdome said:

g-dawg, you did a nice job with the mock......better than I can do at this time.  

I don't understand your logic about drafting an OL in the first round.  A lock for the pro-bowl is a bit much to expect out of any draft choice.  Can I assume that you meant:  a lock to start and be an upgrade to what we already have?

I just mean I would have to feel the player was worth the slot.

Just now, g-dawg said:

I just mean I would have to feel the player was worth the slot.

Agreed.  We might be able to sign a good interior DL in free agency.  If that is the case, an OL in the first round could be the smart move.  

Bottom line:  we need to focus on the LOS

g-dawg likes this

2 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I like it...

Also @g-dawg....I have a couple of tickets to a John Fricke motivational speaker conference..

There yours if you want them

:ninja:

G dawg IS the motivational speaker. 

g-dawg likes this

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Those would be good choices.  My only issue with above is I don’t want to take OL in first round unless I see as a lock for pro-bowl.

I agree though - we need two good ones in draft and tired of overpaying mediocre guys over 30 in free agency every year.

Do you think Wilkins lasts until 2nd round?   He is another solid option that would provide immediate dividends.  I love Lindstrom..perfect scheme fit.  Hope he lasts.  Dimi hinted we will go FA for OG and address RT in the draft.  If that holds true, what would your board look like?

And I love your mock draft work every year.  It’s always well thought out and logical

Edited by Falconsin2012

It’s a solid effort.  I think a lot of mocks we wind up doing this offseason are going to check a lot of boxes unless they look like CB/LB/S.

We know we need to get more physical/nastier.  There’ll be a top tier DT available at 14.  At the same time, I am wondering if we’re overstating how much of a critical need it is...this is a loaded DT class at the top,  it it’s also deep.  Meanwhile DQ just publicly skewered 60% of his OL.

I see you’ve got Lidstrom, but is that enough...?  I like that you’ve go RB there...it’s the most under the radar need we have.

g-dawg and vitaman like this

CBS Latest Mock:

ATL.png

Ed Oliver, DT, Houston. Grady Jarrett was a beast this season but he could use some help along the defensive line. Plus, it's hard to pass on Oliver, a top-5 talent, should he still be available in the middle of the first round. 

WAS.png

Kelvin Harmon, WR, NC State. The Redskins' passing offense ranked 29th in 2018 and while there were many reasons for it, the lack of an explosive downfield playmaker played a big role. The team obviously needs to sort out its quarterback situation but Harmon put up eye-popping numbers during his junior season at N.C. State and he'd be a welcome addition in Washington, where the leading receiver was tight end Jordan Reed

CAR.png

Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston CollegeGreg Van Roten ranked 48th among all guards, according to Pro Football Focus, and Lindstrom is a mauler who would be an upgrade as both a run and pass blocker. 

CLE.png

Byron Murphy, CB, WashingtonRookie first-rounder Denzel Ward had a great rookie season but none of the Browns' other cornerbacks were any better than replacement level. That changes with Murphy, who had a wonderful year in Washington and he might be the best cornerback in this draft class. 

MIN.png

Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma. Same as last week because, as the Colts have proven this season, fixing the offensive line fixes a lot of other problems. Of course, Kirk Cousins isn't Andrew Luck, but he'll undoubtedly play better when he's not running for his life. Ford excelled at tackle this season after moving over from guard. 

TEN.png

Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia. Former first-rounder Corey Davisled the Titans in receptions with 65, but running back Dion Lewis was second with 59. Put another way: Marcus Mariotaneeds another reliable downfield threat and Ridley, who flew under the radar for much of the season at Georgia, could be that guy. He's very fluid, his athletic ability can win out over

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

OK, as always, the Falcons need a lot - specifically on the Lines of Scrimmage.   I am getting ready to take my daughter to a swim meet so don't have a lot of time for thoughtful comments - I might come back in later today or tomorrow and add those.  I am assuming we have a 4th and 5th round comp. picks from lost free agents.

Here goes:

ATLANTA FALCONS 2019 MOCK DRAFT

Image result for atlanta falcons logo

#1-14) Jeffery Simmons, DT - Miss State (6'4", 300lbs) - perfect blend of great at POA clogging up run lanes and also has passrush ability and collapse the pocket ability - tall/long with good handfighting.  Perfect compliment to Grady Jarrett and part of interior passrush rotation w/ Jarrett and the no-eyebrows guy (Crawford).   Has the frame to get even bigger/stronger.

Image result for jeffery simmons 

#2-45) Chris Lindstrom, OG - Boston College (6'4", 310lbs) - nasty all around offensive guard equally adept at clearing running lanes and can hold the POA.   Finally a long-term solution at guard and could play fairly early.

Related image

#3-79) Joe Jackson, DE - Miami (6'4", 258lbs) - more physical passrusher than Beasley that knows how to put an offensive tackle on skates and straight-line it to the QB.   Already at 258lbs and should round out between 260-265lbs without losing speed. (could go a little higher)

Image result for joe jackson miami

#4-110) Trey Adams, OT - Washington (6'8", 316lbs) - Probably goes in first two rounds but got hurt and missed his senior season - back injury and operation.   Fourth round is a good place to gamble on a guy with a high upside.   Played left tackle but should be able to man the right side - probably needs a year to develop.

Image result for trey adams washington

4th round comp) Delvin Singletary, RB - Florida Atlantic (5'9", 200lbs) - very athletic good all around RB. Gotta let Tevin walk and start planning for a future w/o Devonta in a year or two.  YES we have Ito and Brian Hill but really need to have 4 legit backs on the roster at all times.   Likely DM would be very good special teamer as well.

Image result for delvin singletary florida atlantic

5th round pick) Corey Ballentine, CB - Washburn - (5'11, 182 4.44/40-projected) -   good size/speed corner from small school - oftentimes where you find the gem corners in NFL that were overlooked and/or developed late.

Image result for corey ballentine washburn

What you think about this guy for RB? 

42 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Do you think Wilkins lasts until 2nd round?   He is another solid option that would provide immediate dividends.  I love Lindstrom..perfect scheme fit.  Hope he lasts.  Dimi hinted we will go FA for OG and address RT in the draft.  If that holds true, what would your board look like?

And I love your mock draft work every year.  It’s always well thought out and logical

Wilkins is a first round prospect. Gdawg is solid year in year out, esp this time of year. 

FalconsIn2020 and g-dawg like this