Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
g-dawg

G-Dawg: Too Early 2019 Falcons mock draft

38 posts in this topic

OK, as always, the Falcons need a lot - specifically on the Lines of Scrimmage.   I am getting ready to take my daughter to a swim meet so don't have a lot of time for thoughtful comments - I might come back in later today or tomorrow and add those.  I am assuming we have a 4th and 5th round comp. picks from lost free agents.

Here goes:

ATLANTA FALCONS 2019 MOCK DRAFT

Image result for atlanta falcons logo

#1-14) Jeffery Simmons, DT - Miss State (6'4", 300lbs) - perfect blend of great at POA clogging up run lanes and also has passrush ability and collapse the pocket ability - tall/long with good handfighting.  Perfect compliment to Grady Jarrett and part of interior passrush rotation w/ Jarrett and the no-eyebrows guy (Crawford).   Has the frame to get even bigger/stronger.

Image result for jeffery simmons 

 

 

#2-45) Chris Lindstrom, OG - Boston College (6'4", 310lbs) - nasty all around offensive guard equally adept at clearing running lanes and can hold the POA.   Finally a long-term solution at guard and could play fairly early.

Related image

 

#3-79) Joe Jackson, DE - Miami (6'4", 258lbs) - more physical passrusher than Beasley that knows how to put an offensive tackle on skates and straight-line it to the QB.   Already at 258lbs and should round out between 260-265lbs without losing speed. (could go a little higher)

Image result for joe jackson miami

#4-110) Trey Adams, OT - Washington (6'8", 316lbs) - Probably goes in first two rounds but got hurt and missed his senior season - back injury and operation.   Fourth round is a good place to gamble on a guy with a high upside.   Played left tackle but should be able to man the right side - probably needs a year to develop.

Image result for trey adams washington

4th round comp) Delvin Singletary, RB - Florida Atlantic (5'9", 200lbs) - very athletic good all around RB. Gotta let Tevin walk and start planning for a future w/o Devonta in a year or two.  YES we have Ito and Brian Hill but really need to have 4 legit backs on the roster at all times.   Likely DM would be very good special teamer as well.

Image result for delvin singletary florida atlantic

5th round pick) Corey Ballentine, CB - Washburn - (5'11, 182 4.44/40-projected) -   good size/speed corner from small school - oftentimes where you find the gem corners in NFL that were overlooked and/or developed late.

Image result for corey ballentine washburn

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smashed this G-Dawg. At it stands right now I think Jeffrey Simmons is most likely to be there out of the top crop of DTs, it’s just a question of whether the FO is comfortable with his past or not. For what’s its worth, the coaching staff at Miss St. have said he’s been an exemplary leader and teammates since the incident.

My favorite late round pick you drafted is Devin Singletary. He reminds me so much of a young and fresh Devonta Freeman. I love his game and think he’s perfect for the offense.

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

 

#4-110) Trey Adams, OT - Washington (6'8", 316lbs) - Probably goes in first two rounds but got hurt and missed his senior season - back injury and operation.   Fourth round is a good place to gamble on a guy with a high upside.   Played left tackle but should be able to man the right side - probably needs a year to develop.

Image result for trey adams washington

 

Good job G, but you know Adams announced he is returning to school.

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love your first two rounds, would like to see how your FA and re-signings went leading into the draft. Not so sure on small corners especially with the tall WR’s in our division and DQ’s preferred corner type.

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Good job G, but you know Adams announced he is returning to school.

Oh OK - thought the NCAA wasn’t going to grant him a 5th year - oh well, good for him.

I will leave this for now- maybe change over to the WVU OT whose name I cannot pronounce later.

Cole World and Cheyakita like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man that's a great draft first four pics nothing but monsters and each one of them from what I seen have attitudes

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice picks and positions chosen, I like it a lot. But to be honest I believe the draft will be dictated with what we do at FA. I believe we will have to take 2 top Oline talents as they are way too costly in FA. So possibly: 

1:  Greg Little*, OT, Ole Miss

2: Michael Deiter, G, Wisconsin 

The rest can be whatever yall would like, it kind of really depends on what we do in FA. We have to shore up the Oline and throw in a few Dline guys as well. Its gonna be a difficult off season for sure. 

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

How about FA?

I am assuming right now we won’t have a lot of money to be big players in FA.   We either have to re-sign Grady or Franchise Tag him.   I am sure we have some money moving out.   Probably sign at least one offensive lineman in FA and maybe re-sign Bruce Irvin to a low money 1-2yr deal.

I am letting Beasley test market and either letting him go altogether or offer a small one year deal to let him try to re-establish a higher value - even if he took the one year deal, don’t believe I would ever trust him to give longer term deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

Very nice picks and positions chosen, I like it a lot. But to be honest I believe the draft will be dictated with what we do at FA. I believe we will have to take 2 top Oline talents as they are way too costly in FA. So possibly: 

1:  Greg Little*, OT, Ole Miss

2: Michael Deiter, G, Wisconsin 

The rest can be whatever yall would like, it kind of really depends on what we do in FA. We have to shore up the Oline and throw in a few Dline guys as well. Its gonna be a difficult off season for sure. 

Those would be good choices.  My only issue with above is I don’t want to take OL in first round unless I see as a lock for pro-bowl.

I agree though - we need two good ones in draft and tired of overpaying mediocre guys over 30 in free agency every year.

vitaman likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

OK, as always, the Falcons need a lot - specifically on the Lines of Scrimmage.   I am getting ready to take my daughter to a swim meet so don't have a lot of time for thoughtful comments - I might come back in later today or tomorrow and add those.  I am assuming we have a 4th and 5th round comp. picks from lost free agents.

Here goes:

ATLANTA FALCONS 2019 MOCK DRAFT

Image result for atlanta falcons logo

#1-14) Jeffery Simmons, DT - Miss State (6'4", 300lbs) - perfect blend of great at POA clogging up run lanes and also has passrush ability and collapse the pocket ability - tall/long with good handfighting.  Perfect compliment to Grady Jarrett and part of interior passrush rotation w/ Jarrett and the no-eyebrows guy (Crawford).   Has the frame to get even bigger/stronger.

 

If only this Draft Board were true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

If only this Draft Board were true!

I give it at least 60% shot of happening.   With Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver and a Clemson guy going early,  not every team is wanting a DT early - add an off-field concern and you have a fairly easy recipe for Simmons falling to #14.

Cheap Talk likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Those would be good choices.  My only issue with above is I don’t want to take OL in first round unless I see as a lock for pro-bowl.

I agree though - we need two good ones in draft and tired of overpaying mediocre guys over 30 in free agency every year.

g-dawg, you did a nice job with the mock......better than I can do at this time.  

I don't understand your logic about drafting an OL in the first round.  A lock for the pro-bowl is a bit much to expect out of any draft choice.  Can I assume that you meant:  a lock to start and be an upgrade to what we already have?

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0