Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Monolith2001

Clemson DLmen

Clemson DLmen   56 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• Clelin Ferrell: We need an EDGE who can actually play DE too.
    • Dexter Lawrence: We need a Poe-like figure to hold down middle.
    • Christian Wilkins: We need a guy who can play anywhere on the line, good against run and a good interior pass rusher.
    • None of the above: Prefer another "DL" prospect that is likely to be available at 14.
    • None of the above: Prefer a "non-DL" prospect that is likely to be available at 14.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

Which of the three Clemson guys  would you take (if any).  Full disclosure, I support dealing with the OL in the first but accept that we may get more value in a top DL pick if there is a run on OL players and we don't want to finance a pick.

Been researching a little bit more and the one prospect I want on the DL is Zach Allen from Boston college. Dude is an absolute animal, and can play outside and inside. 

Let me throw my thoughts out there:

I don't think we chase Ferrell unless we lose both Irvin and Beasley.  Lawrence is going to be limited to 0,1-tech and we have Senat and I saw flashes from him to make me think we don't need to go 1st round for a guy who may be just a little bit better...plus we like to rotate.  For me, Wilkins is kind of the smart choice.  Very productive, generally consistent and that rare combo of a guy who is not great at anything but good at everything.  This guy went back to to school even though he could have made money last year.  I got serious respect for him taking that risk and playing for his brothers and a pride that goes beyond money.   So yeah I would be fine with Wilkins and as someone suggested, I'd love to go get Cody Ford and then grab Wilkins late 1st or early 2nd.

papachaz likes this

1 hour ago, Cole World said:

If it was me I’ll pass on all 3 if Simmons or Oliver is available.

Right now I'd take Wilkins over Simmons but I'd still take Oliver over both. 

i think it was mel kiper who was suggesting oliver may drop because hes too light, more of an inbetweener but not as good as donald. 

I like Wilkins, Ferrell and Lawrence, but it all depends on what we do in free agency. Right now we have a hole at NT in my opinion. Not at the 3T where Grady and Crawford are bringing heat. If we re-sign Grady we should be good at 3T. I just don't think Senat is ready yet. He and McClain got flat run over. Grady did too when he played the nose. So if we don't add a free agent NT Lawrence may be more of a need than Wilkins or Ferrell who get run over too. Dimi already said we will have a needs based approach to this draft. :rolleyes:

VTCrunkler likes this

I chose Dexter Lawrence because I feel we need a strong up the middle presents someone who can definitely stop the run cuz we were getting gashed way too much last year up the middle, having said that I will take any of the three and not complain a single bit

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

3 hours ago, oztin said:

I chose Dexter Lawrence because I feel we need a strong up the middle presents someone who can definitely stop the run cuz we were getting gashed way too much last year up the middle, having said that I will take any of the three and not complain a single bit

I like Lawrence but do feel like Senat didn't get a fair shake as we played McClain way too much.  Senat really flashed against the run but didn't show much penetration ability.  I'm not sure Lawrence offers much more as his pass rush is mauling folks (much like Senat in college) and he isn't going to be able to do that so easily in the NFL.

6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I like Wilkins, Ferrell and Lawrence, but it all depends on what we do in free agency. Right now we have a hole at NT in my opinion. Not at the 3T where Grady and Crawford are bringing heat. If we re-sign Grady we should be good at 3T. I just don't think Senat is ready yet. He and McClain got flat run over. Grady did too when he played the nose. So if we don't add a free agent NT Lawrence may be more of a need than Wilkins or Ferrell who get run over too. Dimi already said we will have a needs based approach to this draft. :rolleyes:

I concur. Lawrence or another run stuffer. 

FalconFanSince1970 likes this