Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falconsin2012

Shanny Just Did Us A Solid & Blocked Elway

54 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

If Jake Matthews doesn't get called on an absolutely abysmal holding penalty, Nobody is complaining about it.

Moments like that are why ppl say the NFL is rigged.

NOBODY on the Patriots would have been called for that so called 'hold' on the winning TD run Debo got pulled down from behind right in front of the ref and crickets

4 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Would have been nice to have a script for the last playoff game we were in against the Eagles. 

Man, I never want to be that frustrated again. Blow the Rams out in wildcard, totally dominate a stud defense, then following week can’t get a first down against Eagles and lose 10-14. That was a painful game.

that was a crushing blow, especially when Sark had to see Seattle totally dominate them a few weeks before by killing them with double moves and draw plays. crazy that was one of the best games Beville ever called in his sucky career. 

gazoo likes this

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

Would have been nice to have a script for the last playoff game we were in against the Eagles. 

Man, I never want to be that frustrated again. Blow the Rams out in wildcard, totally dominate a stud defense, then following week can’t get a first down against Eagles and lose 10-14. That was a painful game.

That abortion of a playoff game was on Sark.  Only 2 rub routes when the Eagles were getting destroyed with them the previous 4 weeks.  Giants & Seahawks went bonkers.  

I do think the 2018 Sark wins that game

47 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

That abortion of a playoff game was on Sark.  Only 2 rub routes when the Eagles were getting destroyed with them the previous 4 weeks.  Giants & Seahawks went bonkers.  

I do think the 2018 Sark wins that game

Yep. We got outsmarted by their defensive coordinator. 

Dont get me wrong, I didn’t expect it to be a high scoring game, but our offense was utterly pathetic the entire game. Seems no matter where we went with the ball, their defense had 9 guys there ready for every play. 

Falconsin2012 likes this

5 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

And an emergency 3rd string QB.

It’s ok to admire a coach who leaves your team to fulfill a lifelong dream.  Pitchforks and torches are not needed

It's ok to berate a coach who leaves your team after ******* up a Super Bowl you should have won.

9 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I wonder if Rich is upset.  Shanny isn’t relinquishing playcalling duties.  Was a good opportunity for Rich if I’m being honest.  

I hate Elway as much as anyone on here but, IMO all Shanny did was prevent this guy from a promotion. I hope he gets a pay raise if he is staying in S.F.

7 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Dirk was always lethal with his scripted offense.  Two of three years we were top 5 in 1st quarter points.  Also excited to see Ryan in no huddle again.

THIS !!!!!!!

gazoo and NeonDeion like this

1 hour ago, Mr.Blank said:

It's ok to berate a coach who leaves your team after ******* up a Super Bowl you should have won.

okay....   but ultimately the fault for that lies with the HC. No way around that reality.

Falconsin2012 and Mr.Blank like this

4 hours ago, gazoo said:

Yep. We got outsmarted by their defensive coordinator. 

Dont get me wrong, I didn’t expect it to be a high scoring game, but our offense was utterly pathetic the entire game. Seems no matter where we went with the ball, their defense had 9 guys there ready for every play. 

I have a hard time crediting their DC when the play calling was so predictable and bad on our side. They knew what was coming and it was something so bad that even clean execution wasn't going to yield much.

I prefer to think of it as being un-smarted by our own OC more-so than outsmarted by their DC.

Falconsin2012 likes this

8 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Welp...I guess Shanny is an overrated tool.  

Moving along...

Stop adding things to advance your agenda. I never called him a tool. He's overrated as a coach and offensive genius.

Elway is a richard. Always has been since entering the league. Good to see that horse faced get a taste of his own medicine. 

19 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Stop adding things to advance your agenda. I never called him a tool. He's overrated as a coach and offensive genius.

I’d love for you to reveal my agenda.  Other than hoping for a promising 2019 and calling out the occasional nonsense, I have none 

10 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I wonder if Rich is upset.  Shanny isn’t relinquishing playcalling duties.  Was a good opportunity for Rich if I’m being honest.  

Unlike Quinn, who is invested in using coaching positions and professional development slots for his high-five buddies, Shanahan is on the other end of the teeter-totter. He is doing what gives  his team the best chance to win. Two different approaches. 

--Hops up on soapbox--

Why can't Morris coach DBs?  No one is sniffing him for an HC job anyway. Quinn, if you want to help you buddy get his next gig, put him in a spot where he is best equipped to success AND help the team win now. You have a preferred candidate at a position of coaching need. USE HIM!

Falconsin2012 likes this

55 minutes ago, Jesus said:

He's really not. He's the best offensive mind in the game. He was before he was a Falcon and he is after too. The fact he hasn't made the worst team in the NFL a star after a few years and all of his QB's getting injured doesn't change that.

Falconsin2012 and gazoo like this

10 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Try and score on every play, but still maintain some situational awareness

Exactly, Ive said it here before when Julio caught the ball I went to take a whizz and was semi celebrating cause a FG clinches the sum beech.run,run kick fg. NOT TO MENTION If FREEMAN BLOCKS HIS GUY SANU WAS WIDE OPEN. 

Falconsin2012 likes this

11 hours ago, gazoo said:

I absolutely LOVED Shanny’s drive to score every play, it’s the mindset I want in an OC.

But yeah, once in a while, maybe a few drives per year, running the clock out might be the better approach! 

Live by the sword/ Die by the sword!

Id still take Shanny back in a heartbeat though, he was awesome. 

Same if it were to happen..

11 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Random fact, ex nfl qb Chris Simms has kyles initials tattooed on his leg.. Idk

That’s one of those creepy mistakes one ought to keep to themselves...

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

That’s one of those creepy mistakes one ought to keep to themselves...

I have a co worker named Ben.. His initials are B.O.B.. For whatever reason he got his initials tattooed on his arm.. So he has to explain to everyone that knows his name is Ben, who Bob is :mmmhmm:

Falconsin2012 likes this

4 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I have a co worker named Ben.. His initials are B.O.B.. For whatever reason he got his initials tattooed on his arm.. So he has to explain to everyone that knows his name is Ben, who Bob is :mmmhmm:

My ex-wife had her first husbands name tattooed on the small of her back.  Suffice it to say we opted for missionary romance until we visited the tattoo shop to have it covered over the next day

Edited by Falconsin2012
⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

23 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

LOL!!!!!!!