Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thanat0s

Telling stat from Matt on 680

65 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

The only thing Quinn has on Smitty over the first 4 years is the post season record.

 

Well that's kinda the most important one

NeonDeion likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

So in order to meet your approval, Quinn has to do twice what only 1 other Atlanta coach has been able to accomplish once.  Seems logical.  And I’ll take that bet.  Our roster is still incredibly talented.

that didn't sound like a bet though, he said he'd GIVE it to you......and he's on record  ;)

 

NeonDeion and Falcons In 2012 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, treboyplay said:

I have a stat for Matt.

1st 4 years. 

Dan Quinn 3-2 in the playoffs

Mike Smith 0-3. 

How man You SB wins?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, treboyplay said:

Quick, name the Coach who never even got there in the first place. 

 

And this is coming from someone who liked Smitty a lot. But he was never taking the Falcons to the SB IMO. That’s clear to me now. 

He was a couple of plays from taking the Falcons to the SB. Chill with the Quinn Obsession. We got on a hot streak, but he $hit the bed when it mattered the most. As I've said earlier, Quinn has a more experienced Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. If Blank had put the heat on TD about drafting starters back then, Smitty would have been in the SB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, treboyplay said:

He rode Kyle’s genius? I think Kyle was an amazing play caller while he was here. But I saw Quinn take his team on the road and win a playoff game without Kyle. How many playoff games has Kyle won as a OC before Quinn? For the record, the Falcons were 7-5 until Quinn took over the defense and that’s when the entire team took off. But I hear you. 

What would Quinn be in 2016 without kyles offense? Kyle brought it into Atlanta and obviously Quinn liked it enough to keep it so far 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

What would Quinn be in 2016 without kyles offense? Kyle brought it into Atlanta and obviously Quinn liked it enough to keep it so far 

Real confused about how it was Kyle's offense, but it was Quinn that **** the bed with the offensive play calling. 

 

NeonDeion likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Real confused about how it was Kyle's offense, but it was Quinn that **** the bed with the offensive play calling. 

 

By design it was Kyle's offense, and I havnt heard Quinn was pulling the strings on the offensive side? Where did you see this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

By design it was Kyle's offense, and I havnt heard Quinn was pulling the strings on the offensive side? Where did you see this? 

A few times in this thread. Not from you specifically 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

A few times in this thread. Not from you specifically 

I was just saying without Kyle, what offense would Quinn had run with Ryan.. Imo call brought alot more to Atlanta than just calling the plays.. We're still using his offense now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I was just saying without Kyle, what offense would Quinn had run with Ryan.. Imo call brought alot more to Atlanta than just calling the plays.. We're still using his offense now 

Yea, but Quinn brought Kyle to Atlanta and stuck with him when most of the message board experts wanted him gone after 2015

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Yea, but Quinn brought Kyle to Atlanta and stuck with him when most of the message board experts wanted him gone after 2015

I've always liked Kyle, I was one of the few that thought he'd work out in the long run.. I've always thought alot of Kyle's dad also.. But I never had a good feeling about Sark. 

I believe Kyle will be a good coach, one thing about the Shannahans is they don't give up.. Kyle or his dad imo don't know what defeat is.. It takes that attitude to make it in the NFL 

Falcons In 2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, treboyplay said:

I have a stat for Matt.

1st 4 years. 

Dan Quinn 3-2 in the playoffs

Mike Smith 0-3. 

The only thing I see here is neither one of them won a Super Bowl, so neither of them are better than the other. Getting into the playoffs is nice and all but what is getting to the payoffs with out winning the big one. It is a moot point.

Edited by JBender
Faithful Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

So in order to meet your approval, Quinn has to do twice what only 1 other Atlanta coach has been able to accomplish once.  Seems logical.  And I’ll take that bet.  Our roster is still incredibly talented.

It's not a bet. A bet infers that I require anything from him to get the $100. I don't. If Quinn coaches this team to another super bowl, I will give him his money.  I'd be happy to, actually. I just don't see much of a chance it'll happen.

Aside from that, it has zero to do with you. 

As for my 'approval', he will never get that without winning the championship. I've been a fan nearly 45 years, and he literally stole it from me and a **** of a lot of other old timers who suffered a lifetime to get it. All I see when look at him is someone who threw his team and the fans under a bus trying to show how big balled he is. You might forgive that. I never will.

jstammer likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thanat0s said:

Quick. Name the coach cost who directly and specifically cost his team a championship through his incompetence in the super bowl...

Oh and here I thought we were about to talk about Pete Carroll and the Seachickens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

It's not a bet. A bet infers that I require anything from him to get the $100. I don't. If Quinn coaches this team to another super bowl, I will give him his money.  I'd be happy to, actually. I just don't see much of a chance it'll happen.

Aside from that, it has zero to do with you. 

As for my 'approval', he will never get that without winning the championship. I've been a fan nearly 45 years, and he literally stole it from me and a **** of a lot of other old timers who suffered a lifetime to get it. All I see when look at him is someone who threw his team and the fans under a bus trying to show how big balled he is. You might forgive that. I never will.

I understand the frustration, but you make it sound as though Quinn didn’t actually want to win.  Mistakes in clock management and run/pass ratio were made.  Shyte happens.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, thanat0s said:

He was comparing Quinn's first four years to Smith's. Smith was 30-13 in one score games. Quinn is 20-20. Most stats don't impress me too much. These are remarkable numbers in a league where winning margins are so thin. It also probably explains why our win totals suffer when we aren't setting offensive records.

 

Mike Smith couldn't win in the playoffs though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EJmusic said:

Bill Bellichek for not starting his best corner and trying to run Philly special with slow *** Brady?

I never understood why he did that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quinn is a better HC than M Smith. TD has always listened to his HC and brought in the players the HC has wanted. Our defensive roster was a complete $hitshow Mike’s last 3 years. The team was in a downward spiral talent wise. Let’s be honest, how many comp picks did we get Smitty’s last 4 years? The talent was so bad the players were simply out of the league when we let them go.

I have made the point multiple times that close games have been an issue the past few seasons. Few like Matt Ryan more than I do, but we can stop calling him Matty I’ve. He was given that name for his 4th quarter comebacks in his first 5 seasons or so. Comebacks simply have not been a thing the last 4 seasons.

I thought the comeback in Tampa was a great season end for this reason. Hopefully that comeback gets Matt back on tracking heading into 2019.

 

Falcons In 2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JBender said:

The only thing I see here is neither one of them won a Super Bowl, so neither of them are better than the other. Getting into the playoffs is nice and all but what is getting to the payoffs with out winning the big one. It is a moot point.

Neither of them won a SB. But you first have to actually get to a SB to have a chance to win it. So there is definitely a difference between the two. But that’s just the way I see it. 

NeonDeion likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, thanat0s said:

Quick. Name the coach cost who directly and specifically cost his team a championship through his incompetence in the super bowl...

Easy, Mike Smith. Oh wait, he couldn’t even get to SB because he re-injured his best and only pass rusher, out of stubbornness, on a meaningless game at the end of the season, and couldn’t pass the rusher when his life depended on it in the conference championship game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, thanat0s said:

And let's all be honest here. Shanny and the guys on offense built that record more than the head coach. 

And the league knows this. That's why guys that had any position on that offensive coaching staff are getting jobs everywhere and in high demand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, thanat0s said:

He was comparing Quinn's first four years to Smith's. Smith was 30-13 in one score games. Quinn is 20-20. Most stats don't impress me too much. These are remarkable numbers in a league where winning margins are so thin. It also probably explains why our win totals suffer when we aren't setting offensive records.

Smith also found away to make sure every game was close, even against dumpster fire teams. And if we did get up big they always found away to come back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0