Dirtybird56

Gary Kubiak No Longer Broncos OC

169 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Holy **** man, HE IS UNDER CONTRACT WITH THEIR FRONT OFFICE. That has absolutely **** diddly doo with offensive coordinator.

Schefter reported Kubiak about to be a coaching FA.  Take it for what it is

osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Schefter reported Kubiak about to be a coaching FA.  Take it for what it is

No he didn't 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

No he didn't 

Well, now the Bengals might not have to worry about getting permission, as Kubiak could soon become a coaching free agent, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter and NFL Network reporter James Palmer:”

osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Well, now the Bengals might not have to worry about getting permission, as Kubiak could soon become a coaching free agent, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter and NFL Network reporter James Palmer:”

It's speculation. He would have to be released from his CONTRACT first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

It's speculation. He would have to be released from his CONTRACT first.

Kubiak can simply opt out.  It’s all under his control right now.  Nothing is preventing him from coaching

osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Kubiak can simply opt out.  It’s all under his control right now.  Nothing is preventing him from coaching

Dude you can't just opt out of a contract unless theirs a clause that says so and I doubt they did that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Dude you can't just opt out of a contract unless theirs a clause that says so and I doubt they did that.

Kubiak can simply resign.  Elway would not peruse an injunction for breach of contract.  It’s frivolous and would not hold up regardless.  If Kubiak wants to coach, he can

osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Kubiak can simply resign.  Elway would not peruse an injunction for breach of contract.  It’s frivolous and would not hold up regardless.  If Kubiak wants to coach, he can

You're trying way too hard just so you can cry about Quinn hiring Koetter.

atljbo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, etherdome said:

However, my only question is this:  why did we have to sign Koetter so quickly?  WTF is up at Flowery Branch?   

Maybe the found the guy they wanted?

dwB8Uj5.gif

RING OF HONOR and raysnill1 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

You're trying way too hard just so you can cry about Quinn hiring Koetter.

I like the Koetter hire.  What makes you think otherwise?  I was just talking Kubiak’s ability to coach if he do chooses...but not with Falcons.  Read my post earlier in the thread I pointed out Kubiak’s lack of success since 2012. 

”Yes, Kubiak was ideal for the scheme we run, but his last 5 years calling plays were not amazing.  Teams averaged around 22 ppg and negative DVOA in 3 of them.

Manning with Gase/Knapp: 31 ppg

6 months later under Kubiak: 20 ppg

Edited by Falconsin2012
osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RING OF HONOR said:

When you're under contract...the team has to give permission...it essentially wasn't really a block....they were just letting teams no he wasn't available..

When it's a lateral move ....you need permission...

Only when it's a step up....you don't..

Like if he was being considered for a head coaching position...

Thanks for making it clear...appreciate it!

 

RING OF HONOR likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Schefter reported Kubiak about to be a coaching FA.  Take it for what it is

I was told this as well by die hard broncos fans, looks like kubes is going his own way. Still not worth it.

Falconsin2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EZfalcons said:

If matt Ryan wanted kubiak we would have done everything in our power to bring in kubiak. I believe he wanted Koetter all along. I wanted Kubiak but it is what it is. If our team is happy with Koetter as I believe they are, then I am happy with the Koetter hire.

May I ask where you got this information?

In so many of these threads, I keep seeing that Matt Ryan wanted Koetter - Matt Ryan pulled for Koetter, Matt Ryan was the one that made Koetter the OC.

 

Yet, not one piece of evidence exists to support this that I can find after exhaustive searching.   No tweeting, no articles, no interviews, nothing.  Other than an old article where Matt faced an old OC for the first time as a Division rival new HC and talked nicely about him - or hugged him after a game - which are normal things that go on in the NFL.

Could you tell me exactly where you got the information that he wanted Koetter and influenced the team to get him?    I'm curious because I've seen that statement in about 30 posts over the past several days but can't find any evidence of it being true.

As far as Koetter goes - I'm on board - we have made our choices as an organization and I'm pulling for the success.   As for what Denver did and does - don't give a crap now - but I just keep seeing this inference that Ryan had everything to do with the choice - and I'm wondering where it's coming from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tandy said:

May I ask where you got this information?

In so many of these threads, I keep seeing that Matt Ryan wanted Koetter - Matt Ryan pulled for Koetter, Matt Ryan was the one that made Koetter the OC.

 

Yet, not one piece of evidence exists to support this that I can find after exhaustive searching.   No tweeting, no articles, no interviews, nothing.  Other than an old article where Matt faced an old OC for the first time as a Division rival new HC and talked nicely about him - or hugged him after a game - which are normal things that go on in the NFL.

Could you tell me exactly where you got the information that he wanted Koetter and influenced the team to get him?    I'm curious because I've seen that statement in about 30 posts over the past several days but can't find any evidence of it being true.

As far as Koetter goes - I'm on board - we have made our choices as an organization and I'm pulling for the success.   As for what Denver did and does - don't give a crap now - but I just keep seeing this inference that Ryan had everything to do with the choice - and I'm wondering where it's coming from.

It’s all coming from their own personal beliefs and speculation. Honestly I don’t think he had any “pull” when it came to hiring Koetter, whether positive or negative. According to Quinn, Ryan didn’t know that Koetter was hired. About the 1:40 mark.

I personally believe that this hiring was way too quick. Especially given how the FO said they were going to take their time. It felt almost like they panicked and had to sign Koetter just in case, because Kubiak wasn’t available, but that’s just speculation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with Tandy and SFalcon. 

There is very little to no evidence Ryan was consulted or really signed off. It's just what some people think and it's being stated as fact. 

I think it helps some feel better about the hiring to believe it, so maybe it's a coping mechanism.

I also agree with the previous post about the team panicking. Koetter was always a safe option... it was reported Minny and maybe some other teams were possibly interested in Koetter, so waiting could have meant they lost out on a viable choice they may have decided on anyway even after interviewing more candidates. Couple that with the contradiction to what DQ had said about taking his time, and it is a logical train of thought they panicked and made an offer before someone else did.

That's a thought that is backed up by a lot more circumstantial evidence than Ryan specifically wanting him and/or openly influencing the decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Agree with Tandy and SFalcon. 

There is very little to no evidence Ryan was consulted or really signed off. It's just what some people think and it's being stated as fact. 

I think it helps some feel better about the hiring to believe it, so maybe it's a coping mechanism.

I also agree with the previous post about the team panicking. Koetter was always a safe option... it was reported Minny and maybe some other teams were possibly interested in Koetter, so waiting could have meant they lost out on a viable choice they may have decided on anyway even after interviewing more candidates. Couple that with the contradiction to what DQ had said about taking his time, and it is a logical train of thought they panicked and made an offer before someone else did.

That's a thought that is backed up by a lot more circumstantial evidence than Ryan specifically wanting him and/or openly influencing the decision.

Quinn said Ryan had input, but no say in the final decision:

“Quinn described Ryan’s input into the OC search.

“Well, I think Matt has input because, how do I say this? Because of his familiarity with the offense,” Quinn said. “But as far as going to select people, that's not part of his influence.”

Edited by Falconsin2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt Ryan is the franchise.  He's the team general.

He's in his thirties, he's a MVP, he's reliable, hasn't missed a game in a decade...and, he has maybe the sharpest in-game mind of any quarterback in the NFL.

He had, if not direct influence of the Koetter hire, at least significant input. 

No, I have no solid evidence.  I just believe it. 

JDaveG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man Dirk is going to turn Hooper into a monster. Our passing game will be unstoppable. We did not have this many weapons in 2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

 

He will be an OC next year.  Kind of glad it’s not going to be here.  Apparently he mandated Dennison be on the staff and Elway said no mas.  Dennison is a bad hill for Kubiak to die on.  I would not want him anywhere near Flowery Branch

Edited by Falconsin2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now