Dirtybird56

Gary Kubiak No Longer Broncos OC

168 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Well, the we're going to wait and not rush a hire thing Quinn said kinda went out the door 

We still can't hire him genius

vel likes this

46 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Anytime someone flakes, I lose interest. 

He’s good. But if he isn’t on board, no thanks. 

Exactly.

We are bringing back familiar guys that WANT to prove something to the league after failed previous HC stints. They can focus on smaller scale stuff at a higher level while being "encouraged" (read expected) to push each other to get results. Period.

JD dirtybird21 and JDaveG like this

Who cares, water under the bridge.

Here in Houston Kubiak was known as a  guy with very little creativity.

Essentially, other teams always knew wht was coming next.  It got so ridiculous that people began revolting.  Fans would be calling the plays & were correct way too often.

TNFalcon1, vel and Ergo Proxy like this

36 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You are more like my gf than you know.. Dosnt matter what I say, she's got some smart as$ remark to make

Hmm you get blasted here and by her. Ever consider you may be the problem?

38 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I just need a winning season.. And you have no idea how bad it's killing me to see the Saints in the playoffs.. I know I shouldn't let it effect me like this, but I'm having a hard time dealing with it 

No me and you both..ima need for them to choke or something cant see them in the super bowl

5 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Who cares, water under the bridge.

Here in Houston Kubiak was known as a  guy with very little creativity.

Essentially, other teams always knew wht was coming next.  It got so ridiculous that people began revolting.  Fans would be calling the plays & were correct way too often.

Here's the thing:

Execution and adapting/in game changes.

The NFL keeps changing because teams keep adjusting. Nothing keeps working at a certain level indefinitely. It goes through phases.

Hopefully, we can come back full circle with an OL that buys us enough slack when the plays get stale for whatever reason (execution, good defensive call vs your play, or even just matching up well player wise, etc)

It's not always about being predictable or not. Sometimes you want to be able to do what you want; while hopefully staying a couple steps ahead of them in their expected adjustments to what you show them (while not letting them preempt your counter moves to their shown strats)

Having an OL or DL that can influence the game can make these things meaningless. <--Falcons 2018 OL situation

HASHBROWN3 likes this

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Here's the thing:

Execution and adapting/in game changes.

The NFL keeps changing because teams keep adjusting. Nothing keeps working at a certain level indefinitely. It goes through phases.

Hopefully, we can come back full circle with an OL that buys us enough slack when the plays get stale for whatever reason (execution, good defensive call vs your play, or even just matching up well player wise, etc)

It's not always about being predictable or not. Sometimes you want to be able to do what you want; while hopefully staying a couple steps ahead of them in their expected adjustments to what you show them (while not letting them preempt your counter moves to their shown strats)

Having an OL or DL that can influence the game can make these things meaningless. <--Falcons 2018 OL situation

Yeah I realize this. I was thinking I’d get a reply like this while I was typing.

I don’t disagree with it, I just think there is something terribly wrong if teams don’t have to worry about covering multiple scenarios.  Kubiak became really really predictable.  

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Just believed Quinn when he said they wouldn't rush to hire a OC.. What did we do? Rush and hired a OC

This is stupid. You knew this was going to happen didn't you? You just knew after the Broncos blocked anybody from interviewing Kubiak and then them naming him the OC that a few days later he actually WOULDN'T be the OC. 

This is the problem with a lot of yall. Act like you know everything once you have hindsight and we what happened on the other end. 

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Yeah I realize this. I was thinking I’d get a reply like this while I was typing.

I don’t disagree with it, I just think there is something terribly wrong if teams don’t have to worry about covering multiple scenarios.  Kubiak became really really predictable.  

Didn't Broncos have Gase calling plays for their SB runs recently and he was the HC?

HASHBROWN3 likes this

1 minute ago, vel said:

This is stupid. You knew this was going to happen didn't you? You just knew after the Broncos blocked anybody from interviewing Kubiak and then them naming him the OC that a few days later he actually WOULDN'T be the OC. 

This is the problem with a lot of yall. Act like you know everything once you have hindsight and we what happened on the other end. 

And still act like he is an option today even if we had a vacancy...:munch:

1 hour ago, EZfalcons said:

If matt Ryan wanted kubiak we would have done everything in our power to bring in kubiak. I believe he wanted Koetter all along. I wanted Kubiak but it is what it is. If our team is happy with Koetter as I believe they are, then I am happy with the Koetter hire.

That’s what it sounds like to me aswell.

Ryan was probably asked these are the options who do you think you can work well with and a decision was made.

I’m hoping that a similar conversation is being had with regards to who Mack wants to play with along the Oline.I think his input would be invaluable for decisions made there as it’s a really tough position to evaluate and develop.

citsalp likes this

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

How exactly did the Falcons screw this up?

His mind don't work right.   

3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Didn't Broncos have Gase calling plays for their SB runs recently and he was the HC?

I think maybe he did.  He called plays as HC in Miami too I think.

34 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Keep this in mind y'all. Wouldn't have gotten him regardless.

Is comparing someone to a woman really the best insult you can come up with?

Depending on the woman that can be pretty effective :ninja:

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

And still act like he is an option today even if we had a vacancy...:munch:

EXACTLY! They didn't fire him. He's still a Broncos employee. And even still, who knows if he even wanted to come to Atlanta? 

Like it's just amazing how some people act like they know everything. Foolish. Imagine if they waited around and everybody got hired, they interviewed Kubiak and he came out and said "I just don't want to leave Denver for health reasons". At that point they'd call DQ and TD and idiot for waiting around for a guy who may or may not leave Denver in the first place. 

7 minutes ago, vel said:

This cannot be stated enough.

1 minute ago, vel said:

EXACTLY! They didn't fire him. He's still a Broncos employee. And even still, who knows if he even wanted to come to Atlanta? 

Like it's just amazing how some people act like they know everything. Foolish. Imagine if they waited around and everybody got hired, they interviewed Kubiak and he came out and said "I just don't want to leave Denver for health reasons". At that point they'd call DQ and TD and idiot for waiting around for a guy who may or may not leave Denver in the first place. 

But!

oHM3bhj.gif

Just now, vel said:

Then we'd be stuck with f*ckin Darrell Bevell. Imagine THAT rioting on this place!

It was always Kubiak or bust to some...

Even though he was never a materialized option. Just a strategy that couldn't even be executed!

PS: Thread title is click bait. Kubiak hasn't been the Broncos OC for a while now.:tiphat:

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I guess. But you making a statement that the Falcons screwed this up is you essentially already determining the Koetter hire as a failure. 

Nah, im cool with Koetter.. Just don't understand why Quinn acted like he was going to take his time 

1 hour ago, HEIST said:

Anybody remember that scene from Breaking Bad where Walt is in the crawl space laughing like a maniac? Me right now

I feel ya bro.   

Also the scene of “no more half measures”

RING OF HONOR likes this

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Nah, im cool with Koetter.. Just don't understand why Quinn acted like he was going to take his time 

Gotta stop taking interviews as though they were spilling their guts to you.

"Take time" can simply mean "thorough" and becomes a debate about words.

Falcons have a well thought out plan. Kubiak was never an option and still isn't.

So, what's the best of the rest? Wait and hope others are interviewed? Why reveal their hand to the public?

LOL. It's always fluid never absolute.

JD dirtybird21 likes this