DawgKramer

DT Sleeper

25 posts in this topic

Renell Wren   Arizona State  6-4  295   one of Bruce Feldman's freaks; inconsistent and needs refinement; however tremendous first step, powerful athlete, can hold the point or collapse the pocket;

frame is scalable; models game after Fletcher Cox; reminds me of Chris Jones

could be a solid second rounder if Cody Ford is the first pick

Dutty Ole Bird and Smiler11 like this

On 1/11/2019 at 1:11 PM, DawgKramer said:

Renell Wren   Arizona State  6-4  295   one of Bruce Feldman's freaks; inconsistent and needs refinement; however tremendous first step, powerful athlete, can hold the point or collapse the pocket;

I don't even look at ASU players because I don't see it as a real football school but, in this case your right. The kid is sloppy but has some good skills to build on.

44 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

Not to be a butt but, shouldn't this go into this thread - 

Why? Isn’t he a sleeper?

4 hours ago, Cole World said:

Why? Isn’t he a sleeper?

He's Def a sleeper and one I like. I guess it's in interpreting what the OP's intent was. I though his intent was to show us a singular DT sleeper to prompt discussion. If the Op's intent was to have a collective list of the DT Sleepers out there then I'd be wrong in my interpretation.

3 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

He just wants credit lol

LOL! I do like being the guy that finds that hidden gem but, can any of us really take credit. I mean we're just reading articles that other guys posted and re-posting them.

Francis York Morgan likes this

4 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

LOL! I do like being the guy that finds that hidden gem but, can any of us really take credit. I mean we're just reading articles that other guys posted and re-posting them.

Haha I’m only kidding man. It is nice to find gems that actually start to gain traction and rise. It’s kind of like being a fan of an artist before they blow up. 

6 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

Wren and Saunders are very good DTs. 

I think y’all should check out Trysten Hill from UCF. He’s got an insane first step and other incredible facets to his game. 

on a quick look, I'd put Hill with Wren, sloppy but has skills.

It's so hard to judge dline. I've seen guys show all the skills/traits in school and then they're nothing in the nfl. I've also seen guys who are free runners on almost every pressure and show no skills that seem to do well in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

Haha I’m only kidding man. It is nice to find gems that actually start to gain traction and rise. It’s kind of like being a fan of an artist before they blow up. 

I know brother, all good. I'm still waiting for that one gem (that I've posted) that not only makes it to a starting position but thrives at it.

29 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

on a quick look, I'd put Hill with Wren, sloppy but has skills.

It's so hard to judge dline. I've seen guys show all the skills/traits in school and then they're nothing in the nfl. I've also seen guys who are free runners on almost every pressure and show no skills that seem to do well in the NFL.

Yeah definitely has great traits to work with. Reminds me of Wilkins with better strength at the POA and controls gaps pretty well versus the run. 

Yeah that’s what @Francis York Morgan and I have talked about. Sometimes it is based on luck, but I will always go for guys who have a combination of traits on film that you can’t teach; first step, length, motor, and sheer strength. Sometimes you’ll get a combine warrior like Jordan Willis who’s film didn’t match with his combine and sometimes you’ll get a Carl Lawson who had good film but slipped because he tested a little stiff. 

4 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

He's Def a sleeper and one I like. I guess it's in interpreting what the OP's intent was. I though his intent was to show us a singular DT sleeper to prompt discussion. If the Op's intent was to have a collective list of the DT Sleepers out there then I'd be wrong in my interpretation.

So if that was the case why just quote me and not the second poster in this thread as well? Not only that but this stuff happens all the time on the board. 

I honestly did not look at the originator name in the thread you suggested until A-Town mentioned what he did. 

As far as the OP goes if his intent was just to point out a single DT he could of titled his topic by including the player name.

8 hours ago, Cole World said:

So if that was the case why just quote me and not the second poster in this thread as well? Not only that but this stuff happens all the time on the board. 

I honestly did not look at the originator name in the thread you suggested until A-Town mentioned what he did. 

As far as the OP goes if his intent was just to point out a single DT he could of titled his topic by including the player name.

I have no idea why I do the things I do the way I do, just ask my wife.

Just going to reiterate what A-town said, y'all need to look at Trysten Hill. Ignored the first couple mentions, but this dude is so good. Have no idea how he isn't being talked about more. Saw he's listed at 315 lbs, are you kidding me? That first step is special.

Cole World and A-TowN.- like this

On 1/11/2019 at 3:11 PM, DawgKramer said:

The O.D.B likes this

Renell could push himself into the first round if he keeps it up. Good size, strength, and explosiveness. 

He had a great day yesterday, but the lack of production worries me. Reminds me of Nathan Shepherd who was un-blockable at practice in last years senior bowl.