Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Brian Baldinger on Falcons O-line

61 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

The pats do not have a linemen starting that was picked in the first round.

the rams don't have a first round linemen starting for them either

It re enforces for me being adaptable in how you go about building your team.

I still believe for the Falcons to be successful next year the biggest gains will be made off the field and that will get us over the top on it.

Coaching is so important that NE Oline is a prime example of it.Extremely well coached and consistent.

falconsd56 likes this

20 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

The pats do not have a linemen starting that was picked in the first round.

the rams don't have a first round linemen starting for them either

Well we have to 'invest' somehow.  Free agency, first round, second round, third round,etc.  Just get it done.  But with T.D.'s less than stellar past draft picks I would say the earlier rounds the better chances we have with success.   And even though T.D. came from New England comparing him to B.B. and their GM or anyone in their personnel department is laughable.

9 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

Well we have to 'invest' somehow.  Free agency, first round, second round, third round,etc.  Just get it done.  But with T.D.'s less than stellar past draft picks I would say the earlier rounds the better chances we have with success.   And even though T.D. came from New England comparing him to B.B. and their GM or anyone in their personnel department is laughable.

We have been doing that.

combination of injuries and decline in quality of play at the tackle spot hurt us this year.

i fully expect us to sign and draft some combination of guard and tackle.

According to TD we actually had our eyes on the offensive line until a run on linemen pushed Ridley down the board

18 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

It re enforces for me being adaptable in how you go about building your team.

I still believe for the Falcons to be successful next year the biggest gains will be made off the field and that will get us over the top on it.

Coaching is so important that NE Oline is a prime example of it.Extremely well coached and consistent.

Yup....there is really no one set way of doing things.

We have several options in FA that could represent improvements.

We also need to improve blocking out of the back field and on the edge with a better blocking tight end

kiwifalcon likes this

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

We have been doing that.

combination of injuries and decline in quality of play at the tackle spot hurt us this year.

i fully expect us to sign and draft some combination of guard and tackle.

According to TD we actually had our eyes on the offensive line until a run on linemen pushed Ridley down the board

I hear ya, but I still feel that even if Levitre and Fusco hadnt been injured our offensive line would not have been that good.  Look at the teams who played this weekend: NE, NO, PHI, DAL.  Our O Line is no where near that level.  I understand different schemes and other variables, but I just feel like our O line is not a strength even if you have no injuries.

On 1/11/2019 at 7:37 PM, falconsd56 said:

One guy I would love  for us to take a look at inside is Matt Paradis .

He is a center but has and can play guard and would help a rookie RT if that is he route that we go... He would bring a Vet presence next to Mack and it would make a transition away from Mack in 2020  easier once that starts to happen.

I just do not want to see rookies at both sports on the right side.

Im good with bringing him in anyway, Mack isn't gonna play many more years.. A guy like this could fall in place when Mack retires

5 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

I hear ya, but I still feel that even if Levitre and Fusco hadnt been injured our offensive line would not have been that good.  Look at the teams who played this weekend: NE, NO, PHI, DAL.  Our O Line is no where near that level.  I understand different schemes and other variables, but I just feel like our O line is not a strength even if you have no injuries.

When everyone was healthy and played to their ability it absolutely was a strength.

Missing a healthy Freeman also hurt because he did a great job of setting up the offensive line and seeing holes even when there seemed to not be any.

And I continue to meet the drum of the fact that our blocking from the tight end position and the fullback position was sub par.

The line certainly had their struggles but it was not all on them

1 hour ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

See this is where I’ll disagree if you compare TDs record to guys like Weis Crennel Pioli kid wonder Mangenius and others who have came out of the same organisation an arguement could be made TD has streeted all of them and has a record and 10 years in the job to prove it.

I agree with your urgency in fixing an issue though and it has been a weakness of the GMs through circumstance or not.I’m with you what we need now is some sound scouting and personnel decisions to fix this issue.

1 we need to get more of a youth movement upfront 

2 we also need the youth movement to pay off so it gives us some cap relief upfront.

43 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

When everyone was healthy and played to their ability it absolutely was a strength.

Missing a healthy Freeman also hurt because he did a great job of setting up the offensive line and seeing holes even when there seemed to not be any.

And I continue to meet the drum of the fact that our blocking from the tight end position and the fullback position was sub par.

The line certainly had their struggles but it was not all on them

I agree with your point about the TE's & Fullback, but I just dont agree on the OL.  We had a good OL in '16, but in the seasons before and after it has not been a strength in my opinion.

Edited by Falcons_Pantera_KoRn

That's funny Baldy, When we played Mack in Oakland and we played Aaron Donald at his house in the playoffs, we won. We went to denver and beat the unbeatable Denver D who has Von Miller.

It's almost as if having your starters matters! Not losing your starting guards matters, who would have thought!

#BaldyFakeNews #idiot

Stryka likes this

Its clear as day that the injuries hurt bad.  The rapid decline of Schrader was a killer too.  Here you think you have bookend OTs and a stud C to mix with 2 veteran Guards in Fusco and Levitre.  It turns out you are dealing with a good LT and a Good C along with 2 sub par 3rd string OGs and a RT who went from a top 15 rated OT to a complete turnstile.  It was crazy to watch Schrader not be able to block anyone.

We have to rid ourselves of this myth that the Falcons don't invest in the OLs.  The reality is that these investments haven't been paying dividends.  Konz and Homes in 2012 as 2nd and 3rd rounders.  Fail.  Sam Baker after trading up to 1st round to get him in 2008.  Fail.  Levitre has had a couple good years but due to injuries.  Fail.  Countless draft picks haven't worked out that's why we had an undrafted guy starting at RT.  He has now failed as well.   Our 6th overall Pick in Matthews had been underwhelming up until this year. 

We need to scout better and have some better luck. We get that department better and we can have a real OL.

falconsd56 likes this