Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BamaBirdLady

Bama Boys leaving early for NFL draft

16 posts in this topic

Well sad to say for Bama, but happy for these guys.

Josh Jacobs, Jonah Williams, Irv Smith and Q all gone. I hope the Falcons didn't win too many games that they don't have a shot at Q.

I think everyone of them is making the right decision and all projected as 1st roll picks. Good Luck and Roll Tide!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Irv and Jacobs were 3 stars that got very little attention and QW was a 4 star, but a sub 150 player (okay 155 on 247...). It's awesome to see guys that weren't all-stars in high school get their shot.

Love these guys. All 4 were very good ambassadors to the program. Think there is a good shot all 4 are the first to go at their respective positions. 

An Alabama writer for TideSports had also said Deionte Thompson and Mack Wilson will both be back, so that's big for next year. 

BamaBirdLady likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Irv and Jacobs were 3 stars that got very little attention and QW was a 4 star, but a sub 150 player (okay 155 on 247...). It's awesome to see guys that weren't all-stars in high school get their shot.

Love these guys. All 4 were very good ambassadors to the program. Think there is a good shot all 4 are the first to go at their respective positions. 

An Alabama writer for TideSports had also said Deionte Thompson and Mack Wilson will both be back, so that's big for next year. 

This is a good defense for Bama fans when the rest of SEC Fans complains of the “Bama Bump” when Bama commits get re-ranked higher. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

This is a good defense for Bama fans when the rest of SEC Fans complains of the “Bama Bump” when Bama commits get re-ranked higher. :)

That's exactly what happened with Jacobs lol. Dude was pretty much unranked until Alabama found him lol

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

That's exactly what happened with Jacobs lol. Dude was pretty much unranked until Alabama found him lol

Yeppers

most of these Rivals and 247 guys don’t know 20% of what these college coaches and the assistant/position coaches know when watching film - and they know it, too - thus the Bama hump and very soon the UGA bump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Carter said:

Saivion Smith just declared for the draft.

Believe that’s 5 early declarations for Bama.

Saivion went down in 3rd quarter, Ross ran free in for TD, and he was carted off the field.

In the 4th my son saw #4 in the defensive huddle and wondered what Juedy was doing in the defensive huddle.  Upon closer look he saw it was Saivion who had made a miraculous recovery. 

Not too sad to see him go, but will miss the other 4. Still waiting to hear about Thompson and Wilson. Fingets crossed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Saivion went down in 3rd quarter, Ross ran free in for TD, and he was carted off the field.

In the 4th my son saw #4 in the defensive huddle and wondered what Juedy was doing in the defensive huddle.  Upon closer look he saw it was Saivion who had made a miraculous recovery. 

Not too sad to see him go, but will miss the other 4. Still waiting to hear about Thompson and Wilson. Fingets crossed!

Thompson is gone and I can't blame him. We have depth in the back end, so it's not the end of the world.

Mack and Jennings need to stay though. Need some more depth 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Yeppers

most of these Rivals and 247 guys don’t know 20% of what these college coaches and the assistant/position coaches know when watching film - and they know it, too - thus the Bama hump and very soon the UGA bump.

Wonder when the Clemson bump will start. Dabo knows something...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:13 PM, Carter said:

Mack Wilson expected to declare...

Link

Saw a rumor that Ozzie Newsome advised him to stay, but he went anyways.

Love Mack and wish him nothing but the best, but when Ozzie Newsome speaks, you listen. 

I've also heard that there were problems with some of the older guys on the team. They were more focused on draft position than anything else which hurt some of the younger guys. Most of those guys are gone though.

Seems like there were issues in the locker room that required some guys to leave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Saw a rumor that Ozzie Newsome advised him to stay, but he went anyways.

Love Mack and wish him nothing but the best, but when Ozzie Newsome speaks, you listen. 

I've also heard that there were problems with some of the older guys on the team. They were more focused on draft position than anything else which hurt some of the younger guys. Most of those guys are gone though.

Seems like there were issues in the locker room that required some guys to leave. 

Happens like that sometimes unfortunately. I hate the saying “addition by subtraction” but sometimes it is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Carter said:

Happens like that sometimes unfortunately. I hate the saying “addition by subtraction” but sometimes it is true.

Most successful teams have those issues. The Patriots were dead in the water a few years ago because Kraft, Belichick, and Brady were all at odds. Now they are one game away from the Super Bowl (again). The Warriors have had "drama", but does anyone think that's going to stop them from getting to the finals? I don't lol.

If you have success long enough, you will have entitled players. Just the way it goes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They SHOULD leave.  These guys out there playing semi pro football.  Look at what they were awarded with in the orange bowl:  A Tourneau watch, a Bobblehead and a sling bag...:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 8:55 PM, Carter said:

Happens like that sometimes unfortunately. I hate the saying “addition by subtraction” but sometimes it is true.

no offense meant, but a lot of the stuff being said about this players leaving is pure horse crap spread by bama fans who are angry they didn't stay.. it's what happens by some fan bases when guys leave early and they don't think they should..  we shouldn't forget how many bama fans just trashed hurts last year making crap up about him being a lockerroom cancer when that was 100% false.  We see the same stuff about coaches now who are gone.. they all were horrible and yet when they were at bama they were awesome..  there are a lot of issues at bama right now with guys who have stayed so their problems are far from over, but it just shows how talented that team is.. you can have all those issues internally and still make the title game.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0