Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atljbo

Thomas Dimitroff interview

38 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

I was actually amazed at how more open TD was than Alex A (Braves) was earlier in the week when listening to them on the radio.

I don't want to derail this thread on the Braves, but I thought Alex has been very open considering he's in the middle of free agency, and much like the police anything he says could be used against him by agents.

17 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Eh, that’s a plan C for me for RT, but having him back as the #3 is better than RS who is 3 years older and way more expensive. Depends on what happens to RS and cost to bring back Ty.

Shraeder better be done, dude is simply not that good. He was terrible with the exception of 2016.

10 hours ago, osiruz said:

That's why we should tank for a higher pick. Good OL are always snatched up early.

With all the DL Stength in this draft.. That will help the OL to fall. Maybe we should get the OL first... DL is much deeper.. so I wouldn't doubt it.. I'd rather get proven OL in FAcy myself.. But we always should have at least one younger OT and OG for the grooming future.. OL.. I have a couple of good ones in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of my first quick mock... Bigguns .... :lol:

g-dawg and The Daywalker like this

18 hours ago, atljbo said:

I would be shocked if the Colts let him walk ... 

The Colts have 120+ mil in cap space ... They gotta protect luck..... I'm looking at Finney from the Steelers

Yea I thought GLowinski was somone we could add as well but Saffold is more realistic, Colts have way more cap than Rams - rams have a little but they are going to be forced to choose between a bunch of guys.

20 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Sounds like OG in FA & RT in the draft

It will even be sweeter if we are able to restructure levitre to free up a lot of cap space to sign a very good guard to pair with him. Draft best offensive lineman that can play both tackle and guard at 14 then let wes, fusco  and Ty duke it out for the last spot. 

Falconsin2012 likes this

4 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

It will even be sweeter if we are able to restructure levitre to free up a lot of cap space to sign a very good guard to pair with him. Draft best offensive lineman that can play both tackle and guard at 14 then let wes, fusco  and Ty duke it out for the last spot. 

I believe Levitre is now a FA so no need to restructure.  

Ergo Proxy and ShadyRef like this

On 1/11/2019 at 11:58 AM, Falconsin2012 said:

Sounds like OG in FA & RT in the draft

That's what I was hoping would happen,, I said in a post where I made that first mock draft.. I hope we get a OT in Facy also just to make sure it's not a weakness next season. 

Ergo Proxy and Falconsin2012 like this

8 hours ago, ShadyRef said:

Maybe that’s his calling instead of LB?:tiphat:;)

I don't think we necessarily have to go OT in the first round to find a solid RT. We have the luxury of Jake Matthews at LT.

We can go with someone like Christian Wilkins / Rashan Gary at 14 and still grab our futute RT at 45. 

atljbo and Ergo Proxy like this

On 1/11/2019 at 11:03 PM, Draftnut57 said:

With all the DL Stength in this draft.. That will help the OL to fall. Maybe we should get the OL first... DL is much deeper.. so I wouldn't doubt it.. I'd rather get proven OL in FAcy myself.. But we always should have at least one younger OT and OG for the grooming future.. OL.. I have a couple of good ones in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of my first quick mock... Bigguns .... :lol:

Chris Lindstrom, OG - Boston College 

18 hours ago, virginiafalcon said:

I don't think we necessarily have to go OT in the first round to find a solid RT. We have the luxury of Jake Matthews at LT.

We can go with someone like Christian Wilkins / Rashan Gary at 14 and still grab our futute RT at 45. 

Some good OL went top of round 2 this past draft. I think you are forced to trade back up from our round 2 spot if we go with defense in round 1 or a BPA at another position because we can't take risk on a learning curve OL as long as we fix the OG situation. This would also command a re-signing of Ty to hold it down if a rookie OT is struggling.

My gut tells me if they are playing for their jobs? Quinn banks on his coaching expertise on DL to get more out of the current group and whoever else we wind up with BUT we go OL in round 1 and sign LOS as our priorities in FA; as in 1 or 2 OL that are immediate starters and a valuable DL piece. Bring back Irvin, decide on VB(might just eat his $13M for the upside in 'one more year' or trade him??? to move up on draft day??)

Other than LOS, maybe another position or two get a mid-tier or role player outside of LOS in FA.

I want McCoy and Saffold.

PokerSteve likes this