Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geneaut

Thomas Dimitroff on the sense of urgency to win now: ‘We know that it is about this year’

68 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

What OL was worth taking where we took Ridley? Which OL was worth taking where we took Oliver?

James Daniels and Braden Smith were both impact iOL guys that we should've taken over Ridley. 

6 hours ago, 7979 said:

With all due respect:

I got 53 years invested.  Our trophy case has 0 Lombardi's and a major choke job.

Tired of stale rhetoric.

Just 1 man's opinion.

I’m 43 and have probably 38-39 invested myself. I’m losing hope

1 hour ago, Sandy5prings said:

James Daniels and Braden Smith were both impact iOL guys that we should've taken over Ridley. 

Would’ve been massive reaches on draft day. Plus, we had a starting OL in tact at the time as well.

HouseofEuphoria and kiwifalcon like this

I bet if you guys look back enough you'll find TD saying the word 'urgent' or a synonym every offseason. Too much psychoanalysis goes on in this forum. Let these guys play for the microphones without getting too tied up in it. It's a play and he has his script.

Just my opinion. It ain't worth much LOL

Edited by Geneaut
The Daywalker likes this

6 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Fix the trenches doesn’t guarantee anything it gives us the same chance of success as we’ve had without of what you mention.

Thats it then what if he does fix the trenches and the above last year happens then what.I bet you’ll be back with another unfounded speculative opinion.

TD can’t win the only thing he can stand behind is the franchise record over the decade.Then what top 6 in the league hard to beat that.

Ok if it makes you feel then don’t fix the trenches

11 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

It makes me laugh at how conveniently our fans forget that.Bag TD all you like.Bag his strategy around Drafting lineman all you like but as you’ve mentioned there are 32 teams in this league and TD in conjunction with his FO partners have put the Falcons in the upper echelon of winningest teams in this league.

To me that says something and is a reason why I think AB rates him pretty highly and even under pressure the owner has placed his most prized possession and allowed it to be run the way with a given guy for that decade.

Some folks will be satisfied finishing 2nd 3rd -5th. Defend TD all day long but even he knows it’s do or die.....pretty much self explanatory per his comments. We are not playing horseshoes- we’ve been close- now finish the job. Is that asking too much???? Or does he need another 12 years?

Edited by Atl Falcon

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

Ok if it makes you feel then don’t fix the trenches

I didn’t say that did I.

If you read into this you have to have another plan if the ability isn’t there to fix it.

If it is by all means but saying fix the lines guarantees nothing.

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

Some folks will be satisfied finishing 2nd 3rd -5th. Defend TD all day long but even he knows it’s do or die.....pretty much self explanatory per his comments. We are not playing horseshoes- we’ve been close- now finish the job. Is that asking too much???? Or does he need another 12 years?

How is this do or die wake up he was in this situation when DQ was hired and Blank stuck with him an adapted the parts and structure around him.

Again wake up with this finish the job BS when all in all there’s alot of moving parts.He basically had them at the finish line in 2016 and if it weren’t for piss poor play calling by the onfield coaches we’d have what your saying.But I guess that his fault aswell right.

Geneaut likes this

8 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Dead on bro...but so many ppl here feel TD does nothing wrong. I want TD as GM however I just want him to fix the trenches. I’m tired of hearing he did this or that ...it’s SHOWTIME. Get ‘er done or get outa here. It’s been 11-12 yrs of poor line play overall. It is what it is.....

Again more BS even the guys who like TD understand his flaws.

This nothing wrong is BS.

Fix the trenches fark me I swear if he does this this season and we have similar issues you still going to spew this rhetoric.

Last time we had cap flexibility like this we signed Alex Mack and coaches farked our chances in the SB but yeah TD doesn’t fix the trenches lol.

Everyone is being a bit simple on this I’m telling you now the Falcons need to get there coaching and deployment of talent correct before this simpleton fix the trenches idea has any affect.

Off field before on,that’s where the Falcons make the biggest gain this off season.

6 hours ago, Sandy5prings said:

But the draft value isn’t there for them at the position we were picking at.

Thats the issue need vs talent.You take the talent everytime.

1989Fan likes this

18 hours ago, vel said:

One thing about that is that DQ has a much clearer vision of what he wants to do with is players/roster and I think that 2012 roster was maxed out. There was no young talent. No Debo, Neal, Grady, etc.

Right now, the need is OL and DL. That's truly it. Look at the Colts. They hit on their two OL draft picks and signed one OG and turned that OL around immediately. Yes, there isn't a Quenton Nelson in this draft, but there are plenty of OL. Add Cody Ford at #14 and Michael Deiter at #45. Obviously nobody is a lock, but that's a lot of size and versatility added to the OL. Even if both of those guys end up playing OG, you've just built a brick wall in front of Matt. No OL has 5 studs. If those guys work out, that's 4 out of 5, which is winning football. You also added a 6'4 340lb guy in Ford and a 6'6 320lb guy in Deiter (who's played LT, LG, and C). That's a ton of size our OL hasn't had in years. 

I don’t like Deiter...terrible agst bull rush...I see same issues with him at the college level that Schraeder experienced this season...at the NFL level...

I like a

Cody Ford draft

Shaq Mason FA

Ty Sambrailo resign

4th-5th round OT

Then let guys compete in camp to see if Ford is better at RG or RT with Fusco, Harlow, Wes figuring it out...we would have Shaq on the other side...or if Ford is best at RG, great! I like what I saw from Ty Sambrailo at the end of the year

Like Baldingwr said, we can’t get too cute focusing on athletes, we NEED stout bodies on the interior OL to hold up innpass pro (not to mention short yardage situations).

We face McCoy, Short and Rankins in 6 of our games...we need to hold up MUCH better against DTs.

Atl Falcon likes this

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Again more BS even the guys who like TD understand his flaws.

This nothing wrong is BS.

Fix the trenches fark me I swear if he does this this season and we have similar issues you still going to spew this rhetoric.

Last time we had cap flexibility like this we signed Alex Mack and coaches farked our chances in the SB but yeah TD doesn’t fix the trenches lol.

Everyone is being a bit simple on this I’m telling you now the Falcons need to get there coaching and deployment of talent correct before this simpleton fix the trenches idea has any affect.

Off field before on,that’s where the Falcons make the biggest gain this off season.

Your right...it’s simple...just fix the lines

Geneaut likes this

21 hours ago, 7979 said:

Did anyone ask Hair doo where the urgency was the last 10 years.

Every year he says how important this current year is while being "mindful of the future" - Well its that time the future bruh - u havent been able to get it done your way or any of the guys ways there, I know its hard to do.  But at some point what is the point of paying Matt and Julio all this money if we never go all in, we need to figure out a way to stack the team for at least a few years right now

Geneaut likes this

16 hours ago, 7979 said:

TB and the goat HC took us to overtime...........after wearing DQ's D out in the 3rd and 4th qtr.....and maybe some iffy coaching decisions..........

Not trying to be that guy, I want more than almost and wait until next year just like you I'm sure.

Bad FO work is what generated my 1st comment.

I respect your optimism and your opinion of Dan and Thomas.....I just don't agree.

Love this team and I'm all in every year but it doesn't mean I have to agree with everything they do.

They also won the coin toss, which really hurt and was bad luck!

Geneaut likes this

Should have never come down to a coin toss, they were beat, until our coaching staff yacked.

Remember, we were all in this last season, no preseason needed, then, it was injuries, then it was lack of depth, then it was coaching, then our O line wasn't right, then we need to get nasty, now it's all in baby...........................who are the 2 people who are responsible for the afore mentioned?       It's freaking comical.

Personally, I hope you process folks are right.

I could care less who the owner, front office, coach or players are, I want a Lombardi.