Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geneaut

Thomas Dimitroff on the sense of urgency to win now: ‘We know that it is about this year’

68 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

We have the 6th best record in the NFL over the past 10 seasons.

It makes me laugh at how conveniently our fans forget that.Bag TD all you like.Bag his strategy around Drafting lineman all you like but as you’ve mentioned there are 32 teams in this league and TD in conjunction with his FO partners have put the Falcons in the upper echelon of winningest teams in this league.

To me that says something and is a reason why I think AB rates him pretty highly and even under pressure the owner has placed his most prized possession and allowed it to be run the way with a given guy for that decade.

Ergo Proxy, Osiruz and Geneaut like this

8 minutes ago, 7979 said:

With all due respect:

I got 53 years invested.  Our trophy case has 0 Lombardi's and a major choke job.

Tired of stale rhetoric.

Just 1 man's opinion.

We could be the Lions, Browns, Jaguars, Texans, etc...but I hear ya man. It sucks when you’re team is the butt of so many “football loser” jokes

Geneaut likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Lindstrom is a better prospect, but I see him gone in 2nd rd

Of course, we need to make sure we are the team that picks him, do whatever it takes.

3 hours ago, vel said:

I disagree. Again, Julio is already under contract. It's easy to create cap space with an extension. If anything, his cap hit will be neutral before it goes up by any considerable amount. 

Same with Grady. Give him a 5yr $75MM deal, which is about where I think he lands. That's a $10-13MM year one hit. After that, there are no major FAs to re-sign that would kill the cap. Also, TD already said this:

Players will be cut and contracts will be reworked to create space. There are plenty of FAs that will be available, as are every year. This is not a broken roster. The DL doesn't need anchor pieces. The OL already has the two most important positions locked down at LT and C. Take the Colts for example. They had Castonzo and Kelly. That's it. Added Nelson in the first and Smith in the second. Took a chance on Glowinski and now suddenly have one of the best OLs. It's not farfetched. 

Yes it is because we are the Falcons and that’s the narrative alot want to use.Then they use that very narrative you and other teams successfully use against us and why don’t we do it.

I think alot on here just use everyone else can but we can’t so they can moan about there team it’s a given right you know lol.

vel likes this

15 minutes ago, 7979 said:

With all due respect:

I got 53 years invested.  Our trophy case has 0 Lombardi's and a major choke job.

Tired of stale rhetoric.

Just 1 man's opinion.

Unstale rhetoric won't win Lombardis either. The facts are that TD + Quinn can get us to the SB. 

I've got decades in this franschise also so I feel your pain. I've seen far far worse than TD and Quinn though and so have you.

Edited by Geneaut
kiwifalcon, Shelley#37 and citsalp like this

8 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

The facts are that TD + Quinn can get us to the SB. 

What did they do when they got there?

11 minutes ago, 7979 said:

What did they do when they got there?

Took the GOAT QB and the GOAT HC to overtime. Don't be 'that guy'. If you've watched for 53 years then you know bad FO work. 

Edited by Geneaut
The Daywalker and RoddyWhite84 like this

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Man, some of these threads today have me fired up:

Wait for it..

865185182.0.jpg

:tiphat:

Well played

Ergo Proxy likes this

44 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

It makes me laugh at how conveniently our fans forget that.Bag TD all you like.Bag his strategy around Drafting lineman all you like but as you’ve mentioned there are 32 teams in this league and TD in conjunction with his FO partners have put the Falcons in the upper echelon of winningest teams in this league.

To me that says something and is a reason why I think AB rates him pretty highly and even under pressure the owner has placed his most prized possession and allowed it to be run the way with a given guy for that decade.

And could/should have 2 SBs to show for it...maddening! Get it?

Ya, I’ll take Ryan era Falcons over all. That’s my QB!

Lets get this offseason right and go win one FINALLY!

5888817aa659b_itstime.thumb.jpg.316754c7326dc06d2ac64cd06a9ca0d1.jpg

I really like the tone and the coaching talent he assembled.  If we can get everyone healthy and make some improvements in the OL we are set up for success in 2019.

1 hour ago, osiruz said:

Of course, we need to make sure we are the team that picks him, do whatever it takes.

Sounds like Dimi wants OG addressed in FA. Quinton Spain is a good option if he is fully recovered from injury

28 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Man, some of these threads today have me fired up:

Wait for it..

865185182.0.jpg

:tiphat:

Don't like the coach you can always be a panther, chargers or Bucs fan, I don't understand fans who come here to be a drag and rip on the team.

Ergo Proxy and kiwifalcon like this

Just now, osiruz said:

Don't like the coach you can always be a panther, chargers or Bucs fan, I don't understand fans who come here to be a drag and rip on the team.

Agreed.

32 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

And could/should have 2 SBs to show for it...maddening! Get it?

Ya, I’ll take Ryan era Falcons over all. That’s my QB!

Lets get this offseason right and go win one FINALLY!

5888817aa659b_itstime.thumb.jpg.316754c7326dc06d2ac64cd06a9ca0d1.jpg

Nice...if fans can’t appreciate Ryan’s impact on this organization then there is no help for them. Such fans are never satiated.  Nothing is enough and everyone is to blame.  No joke, we could have NE type success, going to 8 Super Bowls & win 5.  But after each one we lost, the unsilent minority would spew some rendition of:

- This FO is clueless

- Our OC is a bum

- Fire the DC

- I don’t care the stats & metrics say we are top 10 on offense & defense...we suck and those stats are fake news

- Troff’d

- Burn it all down and start over cause this isn’t working

- Ryan isn’t elite cause his wife isn’t a super model...

Feel free to add to the list

Edited by Falconsin2012
Ergo Proxy and kiwifalcon like this

47 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

Took the GOAT QB and the GOAT HC to overtime. Don't be 'that guy'. If you've watched for 53 years then you know bad FO work. 

No use in arguing with certain ppl man..you and other ppl with common sense know the truth 

Geneaut likes this

1 hour ago, 7979 said:

With all due respect:

Tired of stale rhetoric.

Just 1 man's opinion.

I hear you Brother, it's been a freefall after climbing some of those those hills and that's tough to endure year after year.  But we've never seen a coaching ensamble like this.  These guys have looked at the Falcons from almost every angle and that's a huge near term advantage.  Our veteran players see the opportunity window closing and I believe they're hungry.  IMHO 2019 is going to be a great year because there's just too much skin in the game for next season to be unsuccessful.

Geneaut likes this

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

ook the GOAT QB and the GOAT HC to overtime. Don't be 'that guy'. If you've watched for 53 years then you know bad FO work. 

TB and the goat HC took us to overtime...........after wearing DQ's D out in the 3rd and 4th qtr.....and maybe some iffy coaching decisions..........

Not trying to be that guy, I want more than almost and wait until next year just like you I'm sure.

Bad FO work is what generated my 1st comment.

I respect your optimism and your opinion of Dan and Thomas.....I just don't agree.

Love this team and I'm all in every year but it doesn't mean I have to agree with everything they do.

1 minute ago, 7979 said:

TB and the goat HC took us to overtime...........after wearing DQ's D out in the 3rd and 4th qtr.....and maybe some iffy coaching decisions..........

Not trying to be that guy, I want more than almost and wait until next year just like you I'm sure.

Bad FO work is what generated my 1st comment.

I respect your optimism and your opinion of Dan and Thomas.....I just don't agree.

Love this team and I'm all in every year but it doesn't mean I have to agree with everything they do.

I don't agree with everything they do either, but they have gotten us closer than anyone has ever done. I feel like they have a winning formula. Scratch that ... they have a winning formula. 

I feel your pain though. It wears.

7979 likes this

6 hours ago, vel said:

Him having DQ and Pioli has helped him a ton. If they don't kill this offseason, they deserve to get fired. It's about as clear cut as it can be. Not drafting so late that any runs on OL/DL should derail the draft. Can create the flexibility to make moves in FA. I'm ready!

Dead on bro...but so many ppl here feel TD does nothing wrong. I want TD as GM however I just want him to fix the trenches. I’m tired of hearing he did this or that ...it’s SHOWTIME. Get ‘er done or get outa here. It’s been 11-12 yrs of poor line play overall. It is what it is.....

4 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Dead on bro...but so many ppl here feel TD does nothing wrong. I want TD as GM however I just want him to fix the trenches. I’m tired of hearing he did this or that ...it’s SHOWTIME. Get ‘er done or get outa here. It’s been 11-12 yrs of poor line play overall. It is what it is.....

Fix the trenches doesn’t guarantee anything it gives us the same chance of success as we’ve had without of what you mention.

Thats it then what if he does fix the trenches and the above last year happens then what.I bet you’ll be back with another unfounded speculative opinion.

TD can’t win the only thing he can stand behind is the franchise record over the decade.Then what top 6 in the league hard to beat that.

If OL was really a focus last year, we could've drafted one in the second round. Heck we could've traded down in the first and taken James Daniels. 

8 minutes ago, Sandy5prings said:

If OL was really a focus last year, we could've drafted one in the second round. Heck we could've traded down in the first and taken James Daniels. 

Who was available at 58?

Which team offered us a worthy value to trade down from our first? Or to move up from our 2nd?

Sometimes, you feel confident in Andy/Brandon and don't expect injuries. Ridley was a home run.

Before the injuries to the OL, the DL was the bigger question.

kiwifalcon likes this

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Who was available at our #2?

Which team offered us a worthy value to trade down?

Sometimes, you feel confident in Andy/Brandon and don't expect injuries. Before the injuries to the OL, the DL was the bigger question.

I have no idea and neither do you on which teams might have considered a trade down but if we had put our pick on the block, there's always a good chance someone wants to move up. There were a bunch of trades right around where we picked. 

My point is - if TD's claim that we wanted OL is true, we should've taken one if not in the second then in the 3rd or 4th or 5th round. 

The fact that we completely ignored OL shows that it was not a priority. 

7 minutes ago, Sandy5prings said:

I have no idea and neither do you on which teams might have considered a trade down but if we had put our pick on the block, there's always a good chance someone wants to move up. There were a bunch of trades right around where we picked. 

My point is - if TD's claim that we wanted OL is true, we should've taken one if not in the second then in the 3rd or 4th or 5th round. 

The fact that we completely ignored OL shows that it was not a priority. 

Not true.

For example:

DL was more of a priority than OL last draft. Wasn't a good DL worth picking in low round 1.

NT was more of a need among starting roster than OL spots on draft day last year.

The way the draft shakes out doesn't say anything more than those were the best values.

The rest is a spin job.

What OL was worth taking where we took Ridley? Which OL was worth taking where we took Oliver?

I haven't gone back and checked, but after those rounds it's pretty useless thinking you'd get a year 1 player among OL drafted low round 3.

Huge learning curve for NFL.

It's why we have a more realistic chance at a year 1 rookie starting at 14; despite the accepted growing pains.

kiwifalcon likes this