g-dawg

Carolina Panthers LB Thomas Davis won’t be retained

48 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cole World said:

Neither

I would be good with Foye and either Germaine Pratt or Vosean Joseph.

Vosean is light but he is definitely fast and physical.  I would love to add him in the 4th round.  He is going to be good depth and dude is an absolute DOG! . #GoGators.  I still want a veteran but maybe not a 13 yr vet.  An experienced guy who is a leader and has great work habits. Maybe someone who fell off a tad with age.

Falconer89 and Cole World like this

8 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Gladly take him based on a legit veteran presence alone

Same here. The things he catch teach the Falcons linebackers are priceless. Plus, he's a great locker room leader! Falcons severely lack leadership in the locker room. It's one of the reasons they couldn't stop losing streaks in 2018.

Falconer89 and ya_boi_j like this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Same here. The things he catch teach the Falcons linebackers are priceless. Plus, he's a great locker room leader! Falcons severely lack leadership in the locker room. It's one of the reasons they couldn't stop losing streaks in 2018.

yup. I can't see how anyone wouldn't want true veterans who can teach young guys ALOT

At the right price? No question. Vet depth. Vondre and DeBo UFA after 2019, though. So a one year rental at a SB shot? Sure.

I do agree with making sure we get other players like Irvin back as higher priority.

Falconer89 likes this

10 hours ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Sorry, but we don't have money to be throwing around. To many big name players demanding top dollar.  And the ones that suck were just keep paying them. 

yet we do  it every year

Falconer89 likes this

10 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Debo and Campbell are already leaders at the LB'er position, we don't need to waste money on a guy that can't play. If he was still the guy everyone saying yes thinks he is, the Panthers would be keeping him. 

you sure 

Falconer89 likes this

1 hour ago, virginiafalcon said:

-Let Ishmael and Carter walk in FA

-Sign Davis

Next year's LB corps:

D. Campbell, J. Grace

D. Jones, T. Davis

F. Oluokun, D. Riley

Davis is a weak side backer; I think we'd be better off having Riley keep working behind Debo and decide between Davis and Foye who starts at Will.

Not sure Grace can play SAM tbh, but I like him alright

Falconer89 likes this

16 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The problem was our leaders never left the locker room last year, they were all injured. We do have them though.

Falconer89 likes this

1 hour ago, Lornoth said:

The problem was our leaders never left the locker room last year, they were all injured. We do have them though.

I think you’ve misunderstood every single post you’ve responded to. Most of us have stated that he brings in the ability to teach alongside being a leader and depth. There isn’t a single true veteran outside of Irvin in the front 7 that those guys can learn anything from. I can even make that same argument for the defense as a whole if I really wanted to

Falconsfan567 and Falconer89 like this

22 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I think you’ve misunderstood every single post you’ve responded to. Most of us have stated that he brings in the ability to teach alongside being a leader and depth. There isn’t a single true veteran outside of Irvin in the front 7 that those guys can learn anything from. I can even make that same argument for the defense as a whole if I really wanted to

I understand that I just disagree.

Falconer89 likes this

2 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

I understand that I just disagree.

If we’re being 100% honest, there’s not a single legit veteran on defense. Nothig but young guys who have played Exceptionally well early in their careers. They still have a lot to learn, even the almighty Debo

Falconsfan567 and Falconer89 like this

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

If we’re being 100% honest, there’s not a single legit veteran on defense. Nothig but young guys who have played Exceptionally well early in their careers. They still have a lot to learn, even the almighty Debo

Exactly. Also, how in the world is Campbell a leader? Every year I keep waiting for Campbell's play to do his talking and every year I'm disappointed by his lack of progress. De'Vondre Campbell is nothing more than a JAG (just another guy) at this point.

ya_boi_j and Falconer89 like this

9 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Exactly. Also, how in the world is Campbell a leader? Every year I keep waiting for Campbell's play to do his talking and every year I'm disappointed by his lack of progress. De'Vondre Campbell is nothing more than a JAG (just another guy) at this point.

9 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Campbell lost that credibility when he came out and admitted the defense didn’t take Cleveland serious during preparation. True leaders know better than to allow that

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Campbell lost that credibility when he came out and admitted the defense didn’t take Cleveland serious during preparation. True leaders know better than to allow that

Exactly.

ya_boi_j and Falconer89 like this