Speaking of transferring

115 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Jarren has a shot to win the job.  

I think he does too. But I just wonder if he wants to stay now

2 hours ago, Carter said:

He already redshirted so.... sure, why not. NCAA is pointless anyway lol

Rumor is he is graduating in May but don't know how credible it is

Baker is arrogant,cocky,a villain. Pretty much a throw back Miami player and I love it. Now, can he back it up is the question. Miami is at its best when everyone hates us. Right now we are irrelevant. Edit: I mean Tate Martell 

21 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I think he does too. But I just wonder if he wants to stay now

i don't see why he wouldn't.. i doubt martell can play right away..  unless martell can graduate in may and be a graduate transfer.  

17 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Baker is arrogant,cocky,a villain. Pretty much a throw back Miami player and I love it. Now, can he back it up is the question. Miami is at its best when everyone hates us. Right now we are irrelevant 

baker?  

Jalen to Oklahoma,didn't see that coming!

I just hope we don't have to play him,for many reasons, but mostly because I would have a hard time pulling against him.

Just now, Porter Osborne Jr said:

So much for OU not taking a transfer qb.

you telling me lincoln riley would boldfaced lie to a recruit?  no way.. :)

44 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i don't see why he wouldn't.. i doubt martell can play right away..  unless martell can graduate in may and be a graduate transfer.  

Rumor is he is graduating in May. That's what someone from an Ohio state site was saying 

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Rumor is he is graduating in May. That's what someone from an Ohio state site was saying 

It’s possible if he came in with a ton of college credits from high school.

youngbloodz likes this

3 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

if that is true then that is freaking awesome for miami.. 

8 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

hurts showed how you handle a transfer and do with class. 

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/jalen-hurts-thank-you-alabama

Thanks for posting, I got this thru Tide Pride, but not good at posting links.

This post is exactly why I would have such a hard time pulling against him, even as a Bommer Sooner.  He is one heck of a young man and I will always wish him the best in whatever he does!

SacFalcFan likes this

11 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

That's what I plan on doing when my daughter gets in high school. I think she can handle the load

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

11 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

if that is true then that is freaking awesome for miami.. 

Yes it is. Hopefully he can be something like McKenzie Milton for us

SacFalcFan likes this

15 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

My son entered Bama as a freshman but with enough college credits to be a second semester sophomore. He will be able to graduate with a masters in engineering in 4 years.

High schools offer so many AP courses now, but it is really difficult.

SacFalcFan and youngbloodz like this

26 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

That's what I plan on doing when my daughter gets in high school. I think she can handle the load

Not always worth it. I would have finished my engineering degree in 3.5 years if I didn't have a two semester senior design project.

Bringing in a lot of classes means you step onto campus taking the harder degree related classes. You also don't get the GPA boost from some of those entry level classes. 

If your daughter is fortunate enough to be on scholarship I'd at least consider not using some of the college credits from high school. That can help with Grad School admissions in the future. 

My brother took even more credits into college than I did since the high school was paying for the AP tests at the time. Almost cost him grad school admission. 

As Porter said below, dual enrollment is a great option. 

Edited by UAB_DAWG
youngbloodz likes this

21 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Have her duel enroll at a local college as soon as she can in high school.

youngbloodz likes this

18 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

My son entered Bama as a freshman but with enough college credits to be a second semester sophomore. He will be able to graduate with a masters in engineering in 4 years.

That's impressive even if it was at Bama.:)

2 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Have her duel enroll at a local college as soon as she can in high school.

I will. I plan on monitoring it her freshman year since she plays volleyball and soccer and see how it goes. Thanks man!

4 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Not always worth it. I would have finished my engineering degree in 3.5 years if I didn't have a two semester senior design project.

Bringing in a lot of classes means you step onto campus taking the harder degree related classes. You also don't get the GPA boost from some of those entry level classes. 

If your daughter is fortunate enough to be on scholarship I'd at least consider not using some of the college credits from high school. That can help with Grad School admissions in the future. 

My brother took even more credits into college than I did since the high school was paying for the AP tests at the time. Almost cost him grad school admission. 

Really? Hmm giving me a lot to think about. I always heard great things about the duel enrollment. Thanks!

44 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Congrats that is awesome.

27 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Really? Hmm giving me a lot to think about. I always heard great things about the duel enrollment. Thanks!

We liked the AP route. There is a fee for the test at the end of the semester, I think it was about $200.00,maybe less.  They take a test and if they score a 3-5 they get the college credit, depending on level of class,  for that class going into college. Some colleges don't take all of them, but most major universities do. Bama took every one of my sons AP credits even the one he took as a freshman in HS. That is how he had so many college credits going in as a freshman.

But I will say  your kid has to be dedicated to studying, my son is an advid learner, my daughter is a junior in HS and has taken 3 AP classes,she is more social and just not like her brother in that regard.

The nice thing was they get the bump on GPA with these class which helps with schools who look at GPA for scholorship $$.

youngbloodz likes this

5 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

We liked the AP route. There is a fee for the test at the end of the semester, I think it was about $200.00,maybe less.  They take a test and if they score a 3-5 they get the college credit, depending on level of class,  for that class going into college. Some colleges don't take all of them, but most major universities do. Bama took every one of my sons AP credits even the one he took as a freshman in HS. That is how he had so many college credits going in as a freshman.

But I will say  your kid has to be dedicated to studying, my son is an advid learner, my daughter is a junior in HS and has taken 3 AP classes,she is more social and just not like her brother in that regard.

The nice thing was they get the bump on GPA with these class which helps with schools who look at GPA for scholorship $$.

Yeah my daughter is definitely more social and she plays sports so that takes up a lot of time too. She is only 11 so I have plenty of time to think about it. Thanks for the info 

BamaBirdLady likes this