Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Will Tevin Coleman be a Falcon in 2019?

68 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

No...and it’s not bc we don’t want him. He will get a $25-30 million contract somewhere...and no one should blame him for taking it...he hasn’t been much and in 4 years before he is 30, he will be unemployed with no job skills...

So take the money and run kid!!!

He may get 30 mil for a 10 year contract.. Again, our fans are delusional about our mid level players.. Coleman isn't a Barry Sanders 

vel and PokerSteve like this

53 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

I like Freeman, Ito, and Hill. Use that Tevin money to improve the OL/DL

Freemans best days are behind him, either we draft or sign a big back or we're going to be a passing team in 19..Ito isn't going to carry this team either. We do not have decent Rb's so please just accept it.. We have a stable of good WR'ers.. But we don't have a running game. The end 

Oldmanfan and PokerSteve like this

20 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

He may get 30 mil for a 10 year contract.. Again, our fans are delusional about our mid level players.. Coleman isn't a Barry Sanders 

Jerrick McKinnon got 4 years $36 million last year with not a single season over 600 yards

Tevin is about to get paid. He’s 25 year old RB with lightning speed and 4 years of known NFL experience....A team is gonna pay him

14 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Jerrick McKinnon got 4 years $36 million last year with not a single season over 600 yards

Tevin is about to get paid. He’s 25 year old RB with lightning speed and 4 years of known NFL experience....A team is gonna pay him

If he's that good and demands that kind of money, we won't let him walk not knowing Freemans future 

31 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

If he's that good and demands that kind of money, we won't let him walk not knowing Freemans future 

RBs are dime a dozen...Hill sowed some good RB depth...but Free and Ito returning from injury make the decision tougher...

I still like a rookie 5th rounder, Free, Ito, Hill going into camp and spending $7 mil/yr somewhere else....

⚡Slumerican⚡ and octoslash like this

6 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

RBs are dime a dozen...Hill sowed some good RB depth...but Free and Ito returning from injury make the decision tougher...

I still like a rookie 5th rounder, Free, Ito, Hill going into camp and spending $7 mil/yr somewhere else....

No doubt, if we can get a big back 5-7 I'd be down

2 hours ago, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

Had WE found Philip Lindsay we wouldn't even be having this convo right now. Falcons gotta stop letting up just because they've temporarily found a decent player. I've noticed that quite a bit with this franchise.

Dude no one found him he went undrafted no need to dog our scouting department 

5 hours ago, vel said:

I hope not. Paying that much money in the backfield never pans out. And he's not that good if we're being honest. Get a better OL and you can replace him.

This bro. Now I'm just gonna pause and watch all these Madden speed boys chime in. No reads. No balance. No toughness. Just speed. Bye.

vel and Oldmanfan like this

3 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

He's more than healthy right now what do u mean his future 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Why does everyone assume Freeman is just going to step in and be reliable after all his health issues?

Even if his knee and groin heal and never have issues again which is unlikely for a RB he is a ticking time bomb with all the concussion issues he has had.

A RB piles up hits every play and a player with pre existing concussion problems could have to retire with either one big hit or a series of smaller hits over a short time.

We are fools for betting our running game on him.

So this team is counting on his knee and groin issues to heal perfectly and for him to not take any hits to the head. Pretty large gamble for a RB with the mileage he had and his age.

Oldmanfan likes this

1 hour ago, MAD597 said:

Why does everyone assume Freeman is just going to step in and be reliable after all his health issues?

Even if his knee and groin heal and never have issues again which is unlikely for a RB he is a ticking time bomb with all the concussion issues he has had.

A RB piles up hits every play and a player with pre existing concussion problems could have to retire with either one big hit or a series of smaller hits over a short time.

We are fools for betting our running game on him.

So this team is counting on his knee and groin issues to heal perfectly and for him to not take any hits to the head. Pretty large gamble for a RB with the mileage he had and his age.

Not concerned about concussions ATM since it will be atleast a year and half IF he were to suffer one in p.s.? Dude has taken a year off. 

11 hours ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Yeah terron wards are a dime a dozen

12 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

So theres no middle ground there? Gtfo

The guys we intend to keep we always sign the year BEFORE their contract expires.  That tells me we let him walk.  I hope we get a good comp pick for him next year.

15 hours ago, vel said:

I hope not. Paying that much money in the backfield never pans out. And he's not that good if we're being honest. Get a better OL and you can replace him.

Get a better O-line and we don't have to replace anybody. Freeman, Ito and Hill would be plenty good with some open running lanes.  Even if Freeman can't make it, the other two behind a decent line would be fine. 

Stryka, robertap and vel like this

I sure hope that we don't try to retain him for market value.  We're already overpaying for one RB, let's not make it two.  If we're going to be spending money this offseason, it should be on Grady Jarret.

I just feel like he's going to get some very good offers ( KC maybe ) and head for greener pastures. I think it's time to start looking at a larger RB either in FA or later the draft.

15 hours ago, caponine said:

He’s good. 

Never said he sucked. Just said he's not that good to pay ~$70MM for two running backs and not go the route of replacing him. 

23 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Get a better O-line and we don't have to replace anybody. Freeman, Ito and Hill would be plenty good with some open running lanes.  Even if Freeman can't make it, the other two behind a decent line would be fine. 

Pretty much where I stand. I love Freeman but if he gets hurt again, I'm not above them cutting him and moving on too. Most RBs are very replaceable. We all thought Leveon Bell was important to that Steelers offense, until he never showed up and they replaced most of his production with a second year third round pick. 

14 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Freemans best days are behind him, either we draft or sign a big back or we're going to be a passing team in 19..Ito isn't going to carry this team either. We do not have decent Rb's so please just accept it.. We have a stable of good WR'ers.. But we don't have a running game. The end 

Says who?  Dude is still young.  Still a lot miles left in his body.  Plenty of ability still there.  Some guys go through injury spells..  Dude was a back to back 1k rusher and can you name a guy for Falcons who racked up 3000 rushing yards and 30 rushing TDs in 3 years where he started at least 90% of the games?

We do not have decent RBs??? Freeman a probowler and Ito a rookie who had 4 TDs aren't decent?  B. Hill is decent.  Ito is solid and Freeman is still very good.  Top 5 RB before the injuries in 17'.  

Fix the OL and we have a running game.  Cant run at all if your LG and RG cant block the average or below average DTs decently.