Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Will Tevin Coleman be a Falcon in 2019?

68 posts in this topic

What will our running back situation be in 2019? Freeman, Coleman, Smith and Hill? With Koetter as our offense coordinator will Tevin Coleman still be here? I hope we keep him. Your thoughts?

Chief said that aint it, meaning let him go somewhere else. 4 rb’s on the roster?? no way, He can go to another good team that needs a rb. Let him make his money

Doubtful Teco returns IMO, because he's shown he's not likely to be a guy who can carry the load as a primary HB for a team with any consistency.

He's not unlike some great role players in the past such as Jerious Norwood, Antone Smith & Jason Snelling, who were all wonderful accessories, but not capable of being much more than that.

You can regularly find solid contributors like that in the mid to late rounds & even UDFAs, so giving a guy like Teco $4-5M/year makes very little sense... especially when that money would be far better spent on solidifying the o-line. If you don't fix the line, it really won't matter who is at HB.

iLLmaticz, gkgrimes and Oldmanfan like this

No...and it’s not bc we don’t want him. He will get a $25-30 million contract somewhere...and no one should blame him for taking it...he hasn’t been much and in 4 years before he is 30, he will be unemployed with no job skills...

So take the money and run kid!!!

papachaz likes this

25 minutes ago, vel said:

I hope not. Paying that much money in the backfield never pans out. And he's not that good if we're being honest. Get a better OL and you can replace him.

He’s good. 

5 minutes ago, k-train said:

He's fast, has really good hands, and is a solid enough pass blocker.

-but-

His vision is terrible, his agility leaves a lot to be desired & his balance is almost nonexistent... particularly after even the slightest bit of contact.

his vision isnt the best but it has improved. I disagree his agility and balance seemed better the last few weeks of the season which is why he was able to break such long runs.

Edited by caponine
osiruz likes this

6 minutes ago, caponine said:

his vision isnt the best but it has improved. I disagree his agility and balance seemed better the last few weeks of the season which is why he was able to break such long runs.

I don't think it's coincidence that you are talking about the point when we made changes on the o-line.

Given that he's always been a guy who takes what's there & doesn't really create running lanes, I'm guessing it's more to do with the o-line making consistent holes for him after som guys were switched out... rather than the idea that all of the sudden he had this miraculous change in agility & balance.

In Quinn’s presser on hiring DK, he mentions Freeman a bunch...Coleman, not so much. Here is a short snippet

“I understand the comparison, but really it will be the way we can feature Freeman in different ways,” Quinn said. “Although the players’ production can be similar, how they’re featured can be done differently. The running game, for us, with Freeman and how we attack, is really important. We’re going to make sure we can feature those guys in the best ways.”

Quinn did note that Jones-Drew, like Freeman, was exceptional at running inside zone plays. With Koetter getting to work with a veteran Freeman, as opposed to the rookie he was in 2014, it will be interesting to see how Freeman is incorporated into the scheme.”

osiruz likes this

7 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

Still the greatest, funniest player evaluation ever :lol:

Wow...that guy needs help with making an effective analogy.  LOL...”I can see Tevin Coleman running wild with the antelopes...”

Ergo Proxy likes this

Had WE found Philip Lindsay we wouldn't even be having this convo right now. Falcons gotta stop letting up just because they've temporarily found a decent player. I've noticed that quite a bit with this franchise.

Malachore likes this

1 hour ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

No...and it’s not bc we don’t want him. He will get a $25-30 million contract somewhere...and no one should blame him for taking it...he hasn’t been much and in 4 years before he is 30, he will be unemployed with no job skills...

That man has a college education. How you know he has no job skills. There are so many jobs that don’t require much skill. 

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

LOL , :lol:. Be sure to write this down or save it so you can remember what u said

1 hour ago, k-train said:

I don't think it's coincidence that you are talking about the point when we made changes on the o-line.

Given that he's always been a guy who takes what's there & doesn't really create running lanes, I'm guessing it's more to do with the o-line making consistent holes for him after som guys were switched out... rather than the idea that all of the sudden he had this miraculous change in agility & balance.

not just the o line, he was just running different the last few weeks. He was displaying patience and cutting upfield more frequently ( which is what people here wanted). You dont have to have the best agility to be a top rb. 

15 minutes ago, falconfreak1 said:

That man has a college education. How you know he has no job skills. There are so many jobs that don’t require much skill. 

He was an early draft entry foregoing his senior season. Unless he went back to school, he’s looking at an incomplete general studies degree with a low GPA...

Looks like a career as an insurance salesman at best....

So take the money and run!