k-train

Sark in the mix for OC w/ Lions & Cards

69 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Saban essentially fired Sark for philosophical differences in how to run an offense.  What’s changed in 2 years?  Odd move by Saban.  Don’t tell @Knight of God

Saban didn't essentially fire Sark. Sark coached exactly 1 game as Alabama's OC, the 35-31 championship game loss to Clemson.

Knight of God and Ergo Proxy like this

9 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Saban didn't essentially fire Sark. Sark coached exactly 1 game as Alabama's OC, the 35-31 championship game loss to Clemson.

So, what led to Sark leaving Alabama so quickly? SBNation’s Steven Godfrey’s reporting that it was “disagreements” between he and Saban.

Multiple sources have confirmed to SB Nation that after meetings with Alabama head coach Nick Saban following the Championship, the relationship between Saban and Sarkisian deteriorated amid disagreements in “system philosophy,” per one source. Both parties planned to move on following Signing Day last Wednesday, and Saban was aware of Sarkisian’s contact with the Falcons.

One source described the problems between Sarkisian and Saban as “too similar” to the relationship between Saban and former coordinator Kiffin.

“There was an effort on Saban’s part not to repeat the same problem. This wasn’t going to work out,” a source close to Sarkisian told SB Nation.

Edited by Falconsin2012

7 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

So, what led to Sark leaving Alabama so quickly? SBNation’s Steven Godfrey’s reporting that it was “disagreements” between he and Saban.

Multiple sources have confirmed to SB Nation that after meetings with Alabama head coach Nick Saban following the Championship, the relationship between Saban and Sarkisian deteriorated amid disagreements in “system philosophy,” per one source. Both parties planned to move on following Signing Day last Wednesday, and Saban was aware of Sarkisian’s contact with the Falcons.

One source described the problems between Sarkisian and Saban as “too similar” to the relationship between Saban and former coordinator Kiffin.

“There was an effort on Saban’s part not to repeat the same problem. This wasn’t going to work out,” a source close to Sarkisian told SB Nation.

I honestly did not know that.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I honestly did not know that.

I do think Sark was a good hire for Saban...and if Sark went to Arizona as OC without being the one calling the plays, he’d have been fired within a year.  I wish Sark well except when they play UGA...and in your case Auburn

Ergo Proxy and Knight of God like this

The relationship between Saban and his OC's has always been complicated. He screamed at Kiffin more than anyone else on staff. I think the original "philosophical" difference came from the fact that when Sark was at 'Bama, Jalen Hurts was the QB and Sark had little experience with a dual threat QB. Saban felt that there were some play calling issues in NC game they lost to Clemson.

The difference now is Tua who is a better drop back passer.

LOL doofus, the guy just turned down another NFL OC job to come back to Bama.....do you ever get anything right Cleo? Anything?

And I should have know you were a trump fan...SMH

How ‘bout them dawgs?

Falconsin2012 likes this

23 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL doofus, the guy just turned down another NFL OC job to come back to Bama.....do you ever get anything right Cleo? Anything?

And I should have know you were a trump fan...SMH

How ‘bout them dawgs?

Don’t lump my Dawgs in with that poster please

Vandy likes this

41 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Don’t lump my Dawgs in with that poster please

They’re my dawgs too bro’. Unfortunately there's too many clueless Tink Tinks out there like @dawgsjw who embarrass the rest of us. 

Falconsin2012 likes this

I hope which ever one of these teams we play next year gets him.... !! :mmmhmm: He's the worst thing that has happened to the Falcons in the last  10 years.... :doh:

10 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Bro, give it a rest.  Vandy is a Sarker

I know dude.  Vandy loves him some Sark and is a closet Sark'er.  Maybe he will jump ship to the Bama boards as Vandy couldn't hack it on TATF, just like Sark couldn't hack it in the NFL.