k-train

Sark in the mix for OC w/ Lions & Cards

69 posts in this topic

SiriusXM's Alex Marvez reports ex-Falcons OC Steve Sarkisian and ex-Jaguars OC Nathaniel Hackett are "in the mix" for the Lions' offensive coordinator vacancy.

Marvez also reports that Sark has "spoken with" the Cardinals. Sark would be a better choice than Hackett in Detroit. Hackett had some good spells in Jacksonville but too often fell back on unimaginative play-calling. Neither would be an inspiring antidote to what ailed the Lions in 2018.
Jan 10 - 2:26 PM
bigfreize likes this

I’d assume he’d take the Cardinals job. Less pressure and he and Kliff could form a nice bond. 

3 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I’d have been much happier if he had these 2 years experience when we hired him in 2016.  He made a lot of progress.  Wish him well

It's gonna be interesting around here if the haters start seeing the grass isn't any greener without Sark here......  most especially if he does well at his next stop.....

More on him interviewing with the Cards...

Ex-Falcons OC Steve Sarkisian is interviewing for the same position in Arizona on Thursday.

Kliff Kingsbury is going to serve as his own offensive coordinator/play-caller, but like Chip Kelly before him, he still needs a sounding board. Sark, who has coached in both the pros and college, could be a valuable resource for the Air Raid fish out of water. Sark is not from the Air Raid coaching tree, however. He is also reportedly a candidate for the Lions' job.
Related: CardinalsLions

25 minutes ago, Vandy said:

It's gonna be interesting if the haters start seeing the grass isn't any greener without Sark here......  most especially if he does well at his next stop.....

I hope Sark takes his time and finds the best environment for him.  He will do fine

papachaz, Falconsfan567 and Vandy like this

16 minutes ago, Expert Poster said:

Kingsbury and Sark seems like a weird fit. I don't really group them together as similar offensive minds in terms of philosophy. 

Sark use to be Kingsbury....the hot shot brilliant offensive mind who everyone was enthralled  with just a few years ago until his personal issues derailed him....plus both are successful ex-college QBs

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Sark use to be Kingsbury....the hot shot brilliant offensive mind who everyone was enthralled  with just a few years ago until his personal issues derailed him....plus both are successful ex-college QBs

Systematically, though, they aren't really guys you'd typically hear lumped in together. I suppose Kingsbury thinks it might help having input from someone who also made the transition from college to pro recently. 

Vandy likes this

32 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I hope Sark takes his time and finds the best environment for him.  He will do fine

Love to be able to stick it to the Sark haters here, especially how Sark sucks because he's not getting any interviews. That's some dumb **** right there.

Vandy, Falconsin2012 and PokerSteve like this

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Falcons had the 11th best offense in the NFL in red zone touchdowns in 2018.

Lions don't have the best wr group in the nfl, or 2 top 10 rbs.

2 hours ago, Expert Poster said:

Systematically, though, they aren't really guys you'd typically hear lumped in together. I suppose Kingsbury thinks it might help having input from someone who also made the transition from college to pro recently. 

Actually, I tend to agree with you. Kingsbury's never been a dominant winning coach, he put up brilliant offenses in college but his defenses were crap....Alot of mediocre 6-6/5-7 football teams.....Sark did much the same at Washington.....

Putting together a winning team is much more difficult in NFL than it is in the Big 12 as a head coach.  

PokerSteve likes this

10 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Lions don't have the best wr group in the nfl, or 2 top 10 rbs.

2 Top 10 RBs? LOL, you are full of it today, my man. 

poutlipper likes this

13 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Love to be able to stick it to the Sark haters here, especially how Sark sucks because he's not getting any interviews. That's some dumb **** right there.

I’m not a Sark guy by any means.  I think he was given a task he wasn’t ready for..and few, if any, could have met the lofty expectations.  But anyone who doubts Sark’s football mind are delusional.  He is now qualified to be an OC in the NFL.  He will do well IMO.

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Actually, I tend to agree with you. Kingsbury's never really been a dominant winning coach, he put up brilliant offenses in college but his defenses were crap....Alot of mediocre 6-6/5-7 football teams.....Sark did much the same at Washington.....

Putting together a winning team is much more difficult in NFL than it is in the Big 12 as a head coach.  

Couldn’t thrive with Mayfield...couldn’t break through with Maholmes...gets fired, takes OC job but resigns quickly to flirt with Cards.  But all is forgiven, cause he has great hair.  Thank God I’m not a Cardinals fan

Ice cream man

Kingsbury admits he will do just about anythingfor a good practice during an interview with the Dan LeBatard show in May 2014: "We were at University of Houston. We brought an ice cream truck, but we filled it with some girls from like one of the clubs, like the bottle girls, and that was impressive," Kingsbury told LeBatard. "That was a good practice."

Edited by Falconsin2012
PokerSteve, Vandy and Falconsfan567 like this

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Couldn’t thrive with Mayfield...couldn’t break through with Maholmes...gets fired, takes OC job but resigns quickly to flirt with Cards.  But all is forgiven, cause he has great hair.  Thank God I’m not a Cardinals fan

4. Ice cream man

Kingsbury admits he will do just about anythingfor a good practice during an interview with the Dan LeBatard show in May 2014: "We were at University of Houston. We brought an ice cream truck, but we filled it with some girls from like one of the clubs, like the bottle girls, and that was impressive," Kingsbury told LeBatard. "That was a good practice."

WTF? Seriously? Was that as an HC or player?

Kingsbury is garbage...

Falconsin2012 and Vandy like this

1 minute ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

WTF? Seriously? Was that as an HC or player?

Kingsbury is garbage...

The Texas Tech head football coach, who flirts with recruits’ moms and battles his players in epic dance-offs during spring practices, only added to his cool-guy reputation when he told Dan Le Batard in a radio interview of the lengths he will go to for a good practice.

Kingsbury said he will do “whatever it takes” to ensure the team has a good practice, and when he was pushed to talk about the craziest thing he’s ever done to accomplish that, he recalled a time when he served as an assistant under Kevin Sumlin at Houston.

“We were at University of Houston. We brought an ice cream truck, but we filled it with some girls from like one of the clubs, like the bottle girls, and that was impressive,” Kingsbury told LeBatard, via The Dallas Morning News. “That was a good practice.”

Texas Tech players shouldn’t get their hopes up for a similar surprise at one of their own practices, though, but don’t blame Kingsbury.

“In Houston you can do that,” Kingsbury added. “You can’t do that in Lubbock. There’s no bottle service in Lubbock.”