Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Embrace the suck

For fans disillusioned with DK

57 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

thank you, I wasn't going to let that go by either. 

watching that sure makes me miss MT33.....

And TATF said he was washed in 2012 after finishing his fifth straight year with double digit TDs. Red Zone machine. They even said he was washed the year before in 2011. Boy we miss these runs. Here're some 2011 clips.

Vandy and papachaz like this

9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

And TATF said he was washed in 2012 after finishing his fifth straight year with double digit TDs. Red Zone machine. They even said he was washed the year before in 2011. Boy we miss these runs. Here're some 2011 clips.

I'll take a washed up Turner over Jackson and in his prime freeman. Turner made that offense go, and was a serious pass blocking RB. There's a RB that reminds me of him this draft (Bennie Snell jr). I'd love for us to draft him if he falls to the 3rd round.

4 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Ridley is not better than Roddy yet.

At the same point in each career, yes he is.  We will see if he turns out better when it's all said and done, but if you had to pick Roddy or Ridley after their rookie year, Ridley would win 10 out of 10 times.

33 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

At the same point in each career, yes he is.  We will see if he turns out better when it's all said and done, but if you had to pick Roddy or Ridley after their rookie year, Ridley would win 10 out of 10 times.

Yeah but Koetter wasn't around for Roddy's rookie year. which was the topic.

papachaz likes this

4 hours ago, osiruz said:

I should rephrase that and say he is faster than Roddy. Roddy had that killer push off and good hands.

Except for the first two years of his career when 99% of us were saying dump him because he couldn't catch a football.  Myself included. 

Embrace the suck likes this

4 hours ago, Jesus said:

You know there will be a team that will drop $40 million on him. I think its in his best interest to stay but also, you know, money...

Pay him and threw him 70 screens next season. Jaquizz Rodgers was a problem with DK as coach, imagine the kind of damage TC can do.

Just now, osiruz said:

Pay him and threw him 70 screens next season. Jaquizz Rodgers was a problem with DK as coach, imagine the kind of damage TC can do.

Both Coleman and Free can run routes like receivers. It's what made 2016 so special. There were just too many targets 

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Love me some Turner, but we used him up by the end of 2011.  Still a great goal line back, but not an every down rb 

So what if he runs a bunch a screens?  The Saints are a heavy screen team and it works for them.  With Julio, Sanu, and Ridley, our receivers will be **** good at screens.

So what if Koetter's gameplans are boring?  You know what isn't boring?  Winning.

Edited by SexualChocolate

6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Love me some Turner, but we used him up by the end of 2011.  Still a great goal line back, but not an every down rb 

He won us the playoffs game against the seahawks. Dude was still deadly, but injuries and an offensive change slowed him down.

Falcons In 2012 likes this

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Give me a broken down Burner and I'll run over you in a Kutty or Mularkey offense.

Trust me. Ten yards in? Goin in. All time Falcon rushing TD leader. Won't forget.

19 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Give me a broken down Burner and I'll run over you in a Kutty or Mularkey offense.

Trust me. Ten yards in? Goin in. All time Falcon rushing TD leader. Won't forget.

One of my favorite Falcons games was his 1st with Atlanta.  Dude Had a chip on his shoulder and was violent.  Best rb in football that year..  Detroit secondary was screaming no mas in the 3rd quarter.  

This game was the genesis of our franchise finally having a winning culture.  It always brings a smile to my face

Edited by Falconsin2012

21 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

One of my favorite Falcons games was his 1st with Atlanta.  Dude Had a chip on his shoulder and was violent.  Best rb in football that year..  Detroit secondary was screaming no mas in the 3rd quarter.  

This game was the genesis of our franchise finally having a winning culture.  It always brings a smile to my face

If he kept up his body and played 10 seasons he would have been a lock for HOF. Dude had 60 tds in only 5 seasons, 2 were injury plagued.

2 minutes ago, osiruz said:

If he kept up his body and played 10 seasons he would have been a lock for HOF. Dude had 60 tds in only 5 seasons, 2 were injury plagued.

I mean, he was 4 years in when we got him.  Too much punishment to hold up much longer than he did.  When does he get in ROH?

3 hours ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Lol that's not fair.  Roddy didn't have JJ and Sanu caliber receiver teammates when he was a rookie, and he had Vick throwing him the ball instead of Ryan.  Not saying Roddy would have done better than Ridley this year when he was a rookie, but if the situation was reserve with the surrounding players when Ridley and Roddy were rookies then you might not have picked Ridley 10 out of 10 times.  Roddy learned to be a pro the hard way on his own instead of from someone like JJ and Sanu.  

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

I mean, he was 4 years in when we got him.  Too much punishment to hold up much longer than he did.  When does he get in ROH?

Yeah he really wasted those 4 seasons of his youth behind LT, it doesn't help that he ate his way out of the league. Should be a lock for ring of honor if he already wasn't. 

6 minutes ago, freefall said:

Lol that's not fair.  Roddy didn't have JJ and Sanu caliber receiver teammates when he was a rookie, and he had Vick throwing him the ball instead of Ryan.  Not saying Roddy would have done better than Ridley this year when he was a rookie, but if the situation was reserve with the surrounding players when Ridley and Roddy were rookies then you might not have picked Ridley 10 out of 10 times.  Roddy learned to be a pro the hard way on his own instead of from someone like JJ and Sanu.  

Yeah, your right but I do think Ridley has more potential as a pure receiver.  Roddy was one of the best block WR ever.

8 hours ago, osiruz said:

For sure, Ridley is better than Roddy, and Sanu is a lot better than douglas. We don't have that dominant red zone TE like gonzo though or a td atm in MT33. Will be interesting to see how our RB are utilized. 

Hooper and Freeman are almost equal to TG88 and MT33 at that point in their careers...I’d argue Free is better

13 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Yeah, your right but I do think Ridley has more potential as a pure receiver.  Roddy was one of the best block WR ever.

If Ridley has a Roddy-esque career I’ll be thrilled.  Long ways to go before we can even have the discussion.  Roddy White was elite

2 hours ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Roddy was also a tough player who did not shy from contact.  Matter of fact he rather enjoyed it.  I seen Roddy took some vicious shots then got up and shake it off or laugh about it.  Don't think we can said the same for Ridley though.

2 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

If Ridley has a Roddy-esque career I’ll be thrilled.  Long ways to go before we can even have the discussion.  Roddy White was elite

He was for about 5 or 6 years.

8 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yall boys want Madden players.  We need physical players. 

Toilolo...LOL...I’ll drop it now, after getting DiMarcos opinion

“So who did DiMarco feel deserves an extra sliver of attention?

"Levine Toilolo," DiMarco said. "He's had some big plays receiving the ball, but he's one of the best blocking tight ends in the NFL. That sometimes gets overlooked. He's a great player and an awesome person."

Toilolo, who caught just 13 passes but averaged 20.3 yards per catch and caught opponents like the Seattle Seahawks off guard for big plays, has other admirers in his own huddle. Receiver Taylor Gabriel's voice leapt almost an entire octave when he singled out his teammate.

"Toilolo, man!" Gabriel practically sang. "All he does is make big plays! That man is a monster."

Gabriel had a very personal reason for picking the Falcons' power forward-sized tight end. "He blocked on my jet sweep for a touchdown, just clamping a dude."

Toilolo, for his part, didn't offer praise for any particular teammate but wanted to stress that blocking, particularly by non-linemen, is the key to the Falcons' success.

"Our receivers obviously get credit for the plays they make with the ball," Toilolo said. "But if people actually watch our run game, you see all 11 guys putting great effort into making blocks.

24 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Toilolo...LOL...I’ll drop it now, after getting DiMarcos opinion

“So who did DiMarco feel deserves an extra sliver of attention?

"Levine Toilolo," DiMarco said. "He's had some big plays receiving the ball, but he's one of the best blocking tight ends in the NFL. That sometimes gets overlooked. He's a great player and an awesome person."

Toilolo, who caught just 13 passes but averaged 20.3 yards per catch and caught opponents like the Seattle Seahawks off guard for big plays, has other admirers in his own huddle. Receiver Taylor Gabriel's voice leapt almost an entire octave when he singled out his teammate.

"Toilolo, man!" Gabriel practically sang. "All he does is make big plays! That man is a monster."

Gabriel had a very personal reason for picking the Falcons' power forward-sized tight end. "He blocked on my jet sweep for a touchdown, just clamping a dude."

Toilolo, for his part, didn't offer praise for any particular teammate but wanted to stress that blocking, particularly by non-linemen, is the key to the Falcons' success.

"Our receivers obviously get credit for the plays they make with the ball," Toilolo said. "But if people actually watch our run game, you see all 11 guys putting great effort into making blocks.

Can't believe you jumped on the Lolo train.