Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Osiruz

For fans disillusioned with DK

57 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, osiruz said:

The man loves his screens, and a power running game. Go get him some OL and resign Coleman and we will be deadly once again.

Our receiving corps is also much faster than 2012-2014.  A group more suited to 4 Verts which will allow Ryan to get the ball out a tad bit quicker

Osiruz, JDaveG and PokerSteve like this

3 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

I also truly believe the Falcons were so screen heavy because our OL at the time was terrible. Screens take a lot of pressure off the pass rush. Solidify the lines and you’ll see less bubble screens and more downfield passing. 

Agreed, but if anything Sarkisian didn't know how to use Coleman and we didn't throw him enough screens. Fix the right side of the OL and we should be good.

papachaz likes this

20 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Our receiving corps is also much faster than 2012-2014.  A group more suited to 4 Verts which will allow Ryan to get the ball out a tad bit quicker

For sure, Ridley is better than Roddy, and Sanu is a lot better than douglas. We don't have that dominant red zone TE like gonzo though or a td atm in MT33. Will be interesting to see how our RB are utilized. 

FalconsIn2012 and UnrealfalcoN like this

4 minutes ago, osiruz said:

For sure, Ridley is better than Roddy, and Sanu is a lot better than douglas. We don't have that dominant red zone TE like gonzo though or a td atm in MT33. Will be interesting to see how our RB are utilized. 

Ridley is not better than Roddy yet.

47 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

I also truly believe the Falcons were so screen heavy because our OL at the time was terrible. Screens take a lot of pressure off the pass rush. Solidify the lines and you’ll see less bubble screens and more downfield passing. 

Funny thing.  This season both guards went on IR.  In 2014 every other position on the oline had a guy go on IR:  LT, RT, C

2013 Roddy was hobbled all year and when they lost Julio it was all over.  People forget the leading WR was Harry douglas in 2013.

Despite significant injuries in 2013 and 2014 the offense still put up respectable numbers... and you're right.  Even when the oline was healthy it was terrible in 2013 & 2014.  

Falcanuck and JDaveG like this

32 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Even the highlights are boring to watch. 

That being said, I sure do miss seeing Roddy, Turner, and TG play. Even Quizz and Snell had some really fun plays.

A lot of people kicked Quizz but for a 5th rd pick he had some pretty good plays while he was here. He wasn't that fast but he was pretty elusive and he ran hard. Just ask Earl Thomas lol

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Funny thing.  This season both guards went on IR.  In 2014 every other position on the oline had a guy go on IR:  LT, RT, C

For the season opener in 2014, the starters on o-line were Jake Matthews, Justin Blaylock, Joe Hawley, Jon Asamoah, and Lamar Holmes.  Hawley and Holmes ended up on IR.  So did Sam Baker and Mike Johnson and Peter Konz.  We had guys who were hurt for much of the season, but who we couldn't rest (Asamoah, Blaylock, Matthews in the early part of the season).  We also lost Antone Smith to IR in the last third of the season.

That offense was decimated, especially on the lines.  And Julio struggled with injury all year, as did Roddy White and Devin Hester.  And that's just on the offense.  We lost Weatherspoon, Motta, Moore and Spruill to IR (2 linebackers, 2 safeties).  

falconsd56, raysnill1 and Sun Tzu 7 like this

3 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

A lot of people kicked Quizz but for a 5th rd pick he had some pretty good plays while he was here. He wasn't that fast but he was pretty elusive and he ran hard. Just ask Earl Thomas lol

I always liked Quizz as a 3'rd RB. Not a starter by any means but he did what he did really well.

JDaveG and CaliFalcons like this

13 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Coleman is going to get paid. Might be best to find his replacement in the draft.

People are giving Bryce Love day 3 grades. Forgetting how phenomenal he was just last season. And this one was only bad because of his ankle injury and everyone selling out to stop him. Drafting Love in the 4th would be a steal and a half.

4 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

that was bad ***!

37 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

I should rephrase that and say he is faster than Roddy. Roddy had that killer push off and good hands.

Lornoth likes this

18 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Coleman is going to get paid. Might be best to find his replacement in the draft.

Pay the man, and keep him here. We finally have an OC who won't forget he is on the roster.

NeonDeion and Falcons Fan MVP like this

1 hour ago, Falcanuck said:

We should have used more screens this season that's for sure

papachaz and Osiruz like this

5 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I should rephrase that and say he is faster than Roddy. Roddy had that killer push off and good hands.

Yeah, Roddy was much more physical than Ridley will ever be.

10 minutes ago, osiruz said:

That I can get behind.

papachaz likes this

50 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

thank you, I wasn't going to let that go by either. 

watching that sure makes me miss MT33.....

40 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Pay the man, and keep him here. We finally have an OC who won't forget he is on the roster.

You know there will be a team that will drop $40 million on him. I think its in his best interest to stay but also, you know, money...

Please fix the oline. We all witnessed what solid oline play did for us in '16. 

Shanny made it a point. DK, DQ, and TD need to do the same.

2 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Even the highlights are boring to watch. 

I will say that the music really didn't seem to match up well with the highlights.

That music was much better suited for crushing defensive hits.

I think some slow motion combined with Celine Dion would have worked better for that video.

Osiruz likes this