The fate of Trufannt and Beasely?   120 members have voted

1. 1. Cut Trufant

• Yes. Bye bye bye
    • No
    • Restructure
  2. 2. Cut beasely

• Yes. Bye bye bye
    • No. Give him the 12
    • No. I really have crazy thoughts he'll do 5/year.
  3. 3. Cut bryant

• Yes. Age and injuries are an issue
    • No. He thinks he can do it. Let him. We honor him like he honored us

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

77 posts in this topic

Trufant will save us $700 2019, and 15 million in 2020. 

Beasely is looking at 12 if we use the 5th year option.

Bryant would save us 2.8 million

Edited by mashburn*Fibonacci

Trufant is a joke. He's up there with Sam Baker of a joke of a signing. He doesn't even play on the level of a 7/year CB. 

Beasely I'm fine being rotational.  But he isn't going to sign anything that significantly less than 12. His pushing point for him would be 9.  And I don't see us spending 9 on a rotational player.  We can offer that to another FA player who would perform better than him and be a starter.  

Bryant I think they leave it up to him. He does get injured,  but it's not like his injury keeps him gone all season or when he returns he's weak. However he's shown signs that it'll eventually get to where he is going to be moshing significant time....... what's best for the team in the next 3-10 years is to cut him and take giorgi tavecchio. But I understand if the falcons ride with bryant until bryant says he can't do it.  mhio

Edited by mashburn*Fibonacci
mqg96 likes this

I'd say Alford is gone, Trufant needs to be gone but we can't replace both our starting CB's in one off season

Beasley should just be gone

Bryant is a tricky one, we should not cut or release him, if he retires great if not then you keep him and leave Girogio on the roster. Yea it may suck to take a roster spot for 2 kickers but Bryant will retire at some point and we need to keep Girogio. We have some St scrubs take a roster spot so may as well let our future ficker stay on.

Tru doesn't make sense to cut this year. It saves us little and makes us find yet another starting CB. See if he improves this year when he's not playing next to Joe Dirt at LB'er and Helen Keller at SS.

Bryant will either retire or be retained, we're not cutting him at this point. My money's on retirement though. 

Vic's the one I'm not sure what happens. I'd like them to sign him to a long term deal. It won't be 5/per but it won't be 12/per either. He's not JJ Watt that can do it all but he can be used.

KCFalcon22, JDaveG and GhostofGritz like this

Trufant isn't going anywhere, and not just because he is too expensive to cut.  He improved over the back half of the season (i.e., when Quinn was running the defense).  He's going to be fine.

I'm in between keep Vic for $12 million next season and I think he'll take $5 million.  Restructure Vic and pay him in that 2nd tier of pass rushers area.  Perhaps with performance incentives and escalators.

As much as it pains me, cut Matt Bryant and let Italian Ice take over.  He can still kick, but honestly, great teams move on too soon rather than too late.  We're already pushing too late.

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Trufant isn't going anywhere, and not just because he is too expensive to cut.  He improved over the back half of the season (i.e., when Quinn was running the defense).  He's going to be fine.

I'm in between keep Vic for $12 million next season and I think he'll take $5 million.  Restructure Vic and pay him in that 2nd tier of pass rushers area.  Perhaps with performance incentives and escalators.

As much as it pains me, cut Matt Bryant and let Italian Ice take over.  He can still kick, but honestly, great teams move on too soon rather than too late.  We're already pushing too late.

Trufant played quite well the final 5-6 games of the year.  I suspect he has a very solid 2019

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Trufant played quite well the final 5-6 games of the year.  I suspect he has a very solid 2019

7 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Yes to both. People had already made up their minds on him by then but he, for some weird reason, played a lot better once Debo came back and our SS improved. Weird right?

1 minute ago, Lornoth said:

Yes to both. People had already made up their minds on him by then but he, for some weird reason, played a lot better once Debo came back and our SS improved. Weird right?

It's almost as if football is a team sport and the loss of one player affects the others.

Weird.

Mid-Nite-Toker and Geneaut like this

1.  Keep Trufant (contract makes it hard to cut and who we replacing him with)

2.  We offer Beasley a 6M contract with good escalators for production...he can choose to go elsewhere otherwise.

3.  I support Bryant continuing to kick if he wants to but I'd rather he not stay beyond his "best by" date which feels like he is getting really close to.

Geneaut likes this

Sit Money down. Tell him we love him, but we need to move on. Offer him an obscene 1 year contract as ‘kicking consultant’ to smooth the deal. I mean obscene. Set him up running Falcons themed kicking camps for high school kids as community outreach. I think he’s the kind of guy who wants things to do related to football  

If Italian Ice falters Matt’s already in the building. 

I don’t know his personal goals so he may want to explore other teams but I think this let’s him go out on good terms and stresses we appreciate him. 

Edited by Geneaut

1 hour ago, Lornoth said:

Tru doesn't make sense to cut this year. It saves us little and makes us find yet another starting CB. See if he improves this year when he's not playing next to Joe Dirt at LB'er and Helen Keller at SS.

See if he improves? How many years does someone need? Dude was crap last season, crap again this season. He's crazy over paid. 

Be honest..... you liked Sam baker didn't you?  

46 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

44 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

42 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

It's almost as if football is a team sport and the loss of one player affects the others.

Weird.

So what i'm hearing is debo deserves an almost 20/year deal.  Without him, we royally suck. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 hour ago, Lornoth said:

Bryant will either retire or be retained, we're not cutting him at this point. My money's on retirement though. 

Vic's the one I'm not sure what happens. I'd like them to sign him to a long term deal. It won't be 5/per but it won't be 12/per either. He's not JJ Watt that can do it all but he can be used.

I agree on tru. For 700k it’s not worth it. Alford might restructure as well.

i think Matt B. Could retire. I like that Italian kid

vic, I hope, is a buy low deal. 3 yrs 28m or 4 yr 36m with upfront dollars would be nice. He can be structured where it’s a deal. Bruce Irvin got 4 yrs 39m from raiders

JDaveG likes this

Wrong question. 

Cut Alford, Trufant is best among what we got and makes no sense with so much dead money. 

Cut Schraeder. 

Beasley: restructure, I still think coaching was bigger problem.

Bryant: keep him, the other kicker is unproven except for a single game. I would take money Bryant in final seconds of a play off game. 

Mid-Nite-Toker and JDaveG like this

Just now, MSalmon said:

I agree on tru. For 700k it’s not worth it. Alford might restructure as well.

i think Matt B. Could retire. I like that Italian kid

vic, I hope, is a buy low deal. 3 yrs 28m or 4 yr 36m with upfront dollars would be nice. He can be structured where it’s a deal. Bruce Irvin got 4 yrs 39m from raiders

But you save 15 million next year. That's money that can pay jarrett.  To where you can back load his contract.  

If tru was meh, we could talk.  But dude sucks unless debo is covering for his ***. 

Just now, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

But you save 15 million next year. That's money that can pay jarrett.  To where you can back load his contract.  

If tru was meh, we could talk.  But dude sucks unless debo is covering for his ***. 

He could restructure as well. 15 m is in 2020 right? I get cutting him then. But this year? Am I missing something? I don’t think he’s fantastic, he’s good but far from an elite cb.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Wrong question. 

Cut Alford, Trufant is best among what we got and makes no sense with so much dead money. 

Cut Schraeder. 

Beasley: restructure, I still think coaching was bigger problem.

Bryant: keep him, the other kicker is unproven except for a single game. I would take money Bryant in final seconds of a play off game.

Save 15 million the next year. Why keep a scrub around when you know you'll need money for jarret and debo. 

Cut schrader? Schrader? But in your logic it's not much of a saving. So keep him around.  

As for me I say both those guys can go kick rocks.  

Not a fan of Trufants soft play at all. Trufant is the man behind the curtain. Meaning no one sees him becuase they are too distracted by Alford. If you stop complaining about alford for 1 minute and actually watch Trufant's play, you would notice the soft "let them catch it in front of you" play style he has. And yes I know he deflected one pass deep with this left hand so what.

Edited by runshoot
mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

Just now, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Save 15 million the next year. Why keep a scrub around when you know you'll need money for jarret and debo. 

Cut schrader? Schrader? But in your logic it's not much of a saving. So keep him around.  

As for me I say both those guys can go kick rocks.  

Dude not sure which game you were watching, Trufant was far from a scrub. Heck if he had held on to 3-4 of those interceptions he would have ended up in top 10 for the NFL QB rating. Alford was down right worst CB in the NFL. 

EJmusic likes this

1 minute ago, MSalmon said:

He could restructure as well. 15 m is in 2020 right? I get cutting him then. But this year? Am I missing something? I don’t think he’s fantastic, he’s good but far from an elite cb.

If we keep him and cut him in 2020, it is 5 million in savings.  

Trufant doesn't deserve anything over 9/ year at max.  

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Dude not sure which game you were watching, Trufant was far from a scrub. Heck if he had held on to 3-4 of those interceptions he would have ended up in top 10 for the NFL QB rating. Alford was down right worst CB in the NFL. 

No he wouldn't. He would be looked at as average.  

Games you thought he did good is because debo helped him in big ways.

4 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

If we keep him and cut him in 2020, it is 5 million in savings.  

Trufant doesn't deserve anything over 9/ year at max.  

I agree with what you’re saying his value is

3 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

No he wouldn't. He would be looked at as average.  

Games you thought he did good is because debo helped him in big ways.

He wasn’t bad even before Debo came back. Debo had nothing to do with Trufant, I fact Neal and Allen coming back would help the secondary. 

Alford is the one that played like trash if either are cut. Tru played bad at times, but so did the entire D. That’s what happens with no pass rush and teams running all over you. When the team improved so did Tru. With better coaching he will be fine.