Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cole World

Falcons release 2 more coaches on their staff

32 posts in this topic

Jason Butt
 
 
 
·
34m
 
A coaching and staff move to pass on. The Falcons parted ways with Charlie Jackson (defensive assistant/defensive backs) and Todd Nielson (football research and development), sources tell The Athletic.
mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Yeah, let's get a DB coach that can help our CBs catch INTs.:tiphat:

I'd be happy with one that teaches alford to not get flagged as a win.  Or teaching them how to cover and tackle (wait, that might be too much to ask for) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve gotten rid of the main culprits.

This is only the next level of scrutiny.

Quinn will no longer be trusted to get cute with less than brilliant coaching staff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Why won't quin release Chris Morgan? Our Oline has been junk since Quinn carried him over from the Seahawks.. He's got to be related to Quinn some way 

Because we don't have a coach on the staff that can help DK transition to the zbs. It would be an insanely idiotic move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cole World said:
Jason Butt
 
 
 
·
34m
 
A coaching and staff move to pass on. The Falcons parted ways with Charlie Jackson (defensive assistant/defensive backs) and Todd Nielson (football research and development), sources tell The Athletic.

I'm not surprised by this let's make sure we get everybody off this coaching staff that would 11-6 just a year and keep proving losers in retreads coaches on staff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Jim Mora is available!!

  I thought we would never hire Greg Knapp   again we did so we might be considering that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Jim Mora is available!!

he has all the qualifications he's approving in lose and we love that around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

Vance Joseph ex Denver H C and Wilks ex Cardinals H C and Panthers D C are available.

Get Joseph and then get Sergio Dipp to follow him around for our social media team

Since1990 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, falcons007 said:

They will probably move Raheem Morris back as DB coach. Hire a new WR coach.

Unless he changed his mined, DQ already said that he likes where WR group and RM are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

Unless he changed his mined, DQ already said that he likes where WR group and RM are.

Quinn also said they are waiting to interview some coaches from playoffs teams as well, so unless that happened undisclosed, he didn’t follow through with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Quinn also said they are waiting to interview some coaches from playoffs teams as well, so unless that happened undisclosed, he didn’t follow through with that.

Different motivations.  There are reasons to not disclose who you are thinking about hiring until a deal is done (not sure target will accept terms, bidding wars, etc...).  There is not a lot of reason for him to change what he said about Morris in the past week but I left open the possibility he could change things up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cole World said:

I think Morris will move back once Robiskie returns.

Then Mike Smith can be our research and development guy. Boom

10 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Why won't quin release Chris Morgan? Our Oline has been junk since Quinn carried him over from the Seahawks.. He's got to be related to Quinn some way 

Pretty sure he was our OLine coach in 2016 when we had one of the best OLines in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites