Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
L.A.Falcon Fan

Looks like UGA aint the only team having issues

21 posts in this topic

You had me believing until it said the missed Kirby.  How many guys did he actually coach on this year’s team?  Shouldn’t they be missing Pruitt?

Known team cancer and angry guy Raekwon Davis has announced he is returning for his senior season.

Plus Najee Harris was 3rd on the team in carries in both the semi and the title game so I'm not buying that at all.

there are a number of legitimate info in that list that other bama insiders have been saying for a few weeks now.  sounds like lupoi is going to be demoted.  nick saban wasn't happy at all with the defensive gameplan and publicly said so.  why saban was not comfortable with the gameplan and not do something about it makes no sense..  saban is going after another dc and lupoi could end up elsewhere.. gattis is leaving as well.  there will be a lot of upheaval on that bama staff. 

Aaron Suttles said on the radio the day after the game that players were unhappy with playcalling and they were openly angry in a way he hadn't seen from Bama guys before. He was in the locker room post game. He didn't say specifically who but, reading between the lines, I think it was a couple RBs. I don't know of anything beyond that tho.

And I will say that guys I know have been unhappy with Lupoi for a lot of the season. Not just the NC game. That's why I don't want him as our DC. 

31 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

Aaron Suttles said on the radio the day after the game that players were unhappy with playcalling and they were openly angry in a way he hadn't seen from Bama guys before. He was in the locker room post game. He didn't say specifically who but, reading between the lines, I think it was a couple RBs. I don't know of anything beyond that tho.

And I will say that guys I know have been unhappy with Lupoi for a lot of the season. Not just the NC game. That's why I don't want him as our DC. 

yeah there are some big problems in the bama lockerroom.. big ones. 

47 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

there are a number of legitimate info in that list that other bama insiders have been saying for a few weeks now.  sounds like lupoi is going to be demoted.  nick saban wasn't happy at all with the defensive gameplan and publicly said so.  why saban was not comfortable with the gameplan and not do something about it makes no sense..  saban is going after another dc and lupoi could end up elsewhere.. gattis is leaving as well.  there will be a lot of upheaval on that bama staff. 

40 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

And I will say that guys I know have been unhappy with Lupoi for a lot of the season. Not just the NC game. That's why I don't want him as our DC. 

Regarding the bolded, it's weird then since I saw from some usually reliable guys last night that Kirby offered Lupoi but Saban stepped in and gave him a raise to keep him. It's possible those sources were dead wrong I guess, but if not then you would think Saban would have let Lupoi leave for UGA. I guess reading between the lines it likely means those sources were in fact wrong. And yeah I knew most Bama folks were unhappy with Lupoi as DC this year, which is why I was surprised when I saw the rumor that Kirby had offered him. Whatever happens it would seem risky for Saban to potentially lose his best recruiter in Lupoi. 

Regarding Saban going after another DC, I would imagine that might impact us because I would guess Ansley would be in that discussion for Bama too. 

One final note about Lupoi, if his gameplanning and play calls were that bad, what does that say about Chaney and our offense folding like a cheap suit in the 2nd half vs them once again? Nothing good I'm afraid. 

Edited by RandomFan
AutumnEffect likes this

No idea if Saban offered a raise but if he did I'd imagine it's because he doesn't want to lose Lupoi as a recruiter. Same reason he got the promotion in the first place. Maybe Saban thinks he can train him up. 

After doing some looking around, it does seem like a rumor is going around about Saban reaching out to Dave Aranda about the Bama DC position -- key word "rumor."

37 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

No idea if Saban offered a raise but if he did I'd imagine it's because he doesn't want to lose Lupoi as a recruiter. Same reason he got the promotion in the first place. Maybe Saban thinks he can train him up. 

yeah i think he got some more money personally and saban is going to hire a dc to be a codc where lupoi can work under.  he is one of the dirtiest cheaters ever in recruiting and there is no way saban wants to lose that. 

8 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yeah i think he got some more money personally and saban is going to hire a dc to be a codc where lupoi can work under.  he is one of the dirtiest cheaters ever in recruiting and there is no way saban wants to lose that. 

I said the same thing about bringing someone on to call plays and try to save face by keeping him as DC.

Locker room stuff is way over blown IMO... Raekwon Davis has already announced he is coming back. Mack Wilson has alluded to it earlier this year, and Deionte Thompson's post NCG comments seem like he is seriously considering coming back. 

Those things don't happen in a completely broken locker room. Sure there is probably some frustration, but this is the first time Alabama has lost by 3 scores or more since 2004, and first time by 28 since 1998. Of course there is going to be some frustration lol. Alabama doesn't lose by 3 scores or more. 

They have their work cut out for them though. It will be a true test this offseason to see if they can weather the storm and come out firing or if they will fold and turn into post-2009 Texas and Florida.

I've seen so much coaching turnover that I'm not overly worried about it. If people are that mad about the play calling, the good news is, there is already a new play caller in place. 

8 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

najee harris is transferring.. 

If this is your source... you may want to check it again lol

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

If this is your source... you may want to check it again lol

no.. it came from a bama guy i know..  not that fake account..  he might not be in the portal yet, but was told he is going to be.. 

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

nope

He's not in the portal right now lol. The account that tweeted it out has fooled some people

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

He's not in the portal right now lol. The account that tweeted it out has fooled some people

i replied with more detail above.. 

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

i replied with more detail above.. 

Who is it? Everything I have heard has said that it isn't true 

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Who is it? Everything I have heard has said that it isn't true 

A bama booster who I used to work with.  His dad also worked in the athletic Dept.  That was what he heard but he could be wrong.  You are right though lot of people fall for that Feldman fake account.