Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MD-FalconFan13

We need Quinnen Williams

112 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

It would be nice to get a perennial star like l Suggs on the d line. Hopefully we have one in GJ. 

I'm concerned that we have done just that- get situational run stuffers in, but for one year or so, and they're out.  If we go DT first round; I hope Simmons or whoever we land can be that long term solution on the d line. 

End of the day man I think the higher quality of talent you have upfront the better the result if you did add the mentioned I think with interior rush being as important as it is I don’t think we can go wrong.

If you add a Simmons say it still adds to your run defense.

Who knows man a lot of ground to cover and players to look at before any decisions are made.

VTCrunkler likes this

10 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

End of the day man I think the higher quality of talent you have upfront the better the result if you did add the mentioned I think with interior rush being as important as it is I don’t think we can go wrong.

If you add a Simmons say it still adds to your run defense.

Who knows man a lot of ground to cover and players to look at before any decisions are made.

Quality. We need it. You're right. We have a long way to go this offseason and it should be fun to watch. Same with OL. Get quality. I'm looking forward to having a running game again. 

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

Quality. We need it. You're right. We have a long way to go this offseason and it should be fun to watch. Same with OL. Get quality. I'm looking forward to having a running game again. 

To be honest with you I don’t think we are as far away as you may think.

Theres plenty of talent there already for some reason last year outside of the obvious it just didn’t sync together on a consistent basis.

Hence why I believe off the field will dictate more than what we add on it.

Stryka likes this

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

To be honest with you I don’t think we are as far away as you may think.

Theres plenty of talent there already for some reason last year outside of the obvious it just didn’t sync together on a consistent basis.

Hence why I believe off the field will dictate more than what we add on it.

Certainly close enough where we do t have to mortgage the future by moving up to get a q Williams. 

What's your take on m Schaub?  

Edited by VTCrunkler

6 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Certainly close enough where we do t have to mortgage the future by moving up to get a q Williams. 

What's your take on m Schaub?  

You gotta weigh it up with what we have coming or going.

I like Schaub but he’s paid too much if we can some how keep him while decreasing his salary it’s a win win.

Even better would be a developmental type come in and take his spot would be even better.

Its a hard evaluation because when a guy like Debo says he’s been an integral part of his development I can see the value in keeping him.

9 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

You gotta weigh it up with what we have coming or going.

I like Schaub but he’s paid too much if we can some how keep him while decreasing his salary it’s a win win.

Even better would be a developmental type come in and take his spot would be even better.

Its a hard evaluation because when a guy like Debo says he’s been an integral part of his development I can see the value in keeping him.

Schaub helping develop debo?

im actually a supporter of Schaub. But he does make too much for what he does. Ryan had been incredibly available 

4 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Schaub helping develop debo?

im actually a supporter of Schaub. But he does make too much for what he does. Ryan had been incredibly available 

Yep Debo mentioned it in an article on here with regards to QB reads and what to watch in certain situations.He specifically mentioned Schaub as a big plus in his development.

25 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Yep Debo mentioned it in an article on here with regards to QB reads and what to watch in certain situations.He specifically mentioned Schaub as a big plus in his development.

I like that!  I'd like it if other players would do the same aka Duke.  Debos development has been crucial. 

Just now, VTCrunkler said:

I like that!  I'd like it if other players would do the same aka Duke.  Debos development has been crucial. 

Don’t think Duke has the same kind of talent Debo had from the jump.

Debos just one of those guys man that if they were doing a draft do over they’d be saying the Falcons got a steal because he was first round talent all day.

Funnier thing I had Daron Lee picked over Debo ooopppsss not even close.lol.:doh:

MSalmon likes this

45 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Don’t think Duke has the same kind of talent Debo had from the jump.

Debos just one of those guys man that if they were doing a draft do over they’d be saying the Falcons got a steal because he was first round talent all day.

Funnier thing I had Daron Lee picked over Debo ooopppsss not even close.lol.:doh:

A lot of folks had darron lee highly rated. Come to think about it I haven't heard anything about him the entire season. We did get a steal which means someone in our front office is hitting. They tried to go back to the well with Duke, as has been documented here :)

kiwifalcon likes this

24 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

A lot of folks had darron lee highly rated. Come to think about it I haven't heard anything about him the entire season. We did get a steal which means someone in our front office is hitting. They tried to go back to the well with Duke, as has been documented here :)

Our front office struck gold with Foye as well. He’s already well outplayed hisdraft status.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him on the field with Debo more. Campbell I like but he seemed to peak. Duke I think is a lifelong backup avd STeamer

FO really did strike again.  Can't wait till this draft. We have a lot of mid rounders outperforrming their draft status. A few more years of good drafting and...

MSalmon likes this