Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spts1

Its been a rough few weeks for Georgia Football

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The program has been on a roll for the wrong reasons the past few weeks...

First, Mel Tucker announces he is leaving the program:

Image result for mel tucker colorado buffaloes

Next, 4th and 11 happened:

Image result for georgia 4th and 11 sec championship

Then Justin announces his transfer:

Image result for justin fields ohio state

THEN,  UGA and a bunch of bulldogs take to tweeter and talk trash about the Sugarbowl.  UGA then tries to buck up at the Texas Mascot Bevo, and folds after Bevo charges him:

Image result for texas longhorn attacks uga gif

Then Texas runs wild on them:

Image result for texas beats georgia sugar bowl

Then Tampa Bay comes snooping around wanting to hire Kirby:

Related image

Now Chaney is gone:

Arkansas Offensive Coordinator Jim Chaney Brings Explosion to Razorbacks

Edited by slickgadawg

Mel Tucker leaving - that is fine. 

Losing to Bama - Yes, sucks

Losing Fields - Yes, sucks... unless he really was a negative guy for the locker room like some rumors said 

Losing to Texas - Meh. The worst part was the Twitter blowback because of the player complaints of the playoffs. The game is forgettable once it is over. 

Cheney leaving - fine with that. 

I see you're continuing your string of failed topics. Kudos to you for not giving up. 

32 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

That last item doesn't belong in the "rough" list. 

Eeeh. I KINDA like Chaney.  He had his rough moments.  Maybe it WAS Coley interfereing...

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

That last item doesn't belong in the "rough" list. 

I see lots of people don't mind Chaney leaving.  I kinda like him.  He was definitely better than Schottenheimer or whatever his name was under Mark Richt... If he had just stayed with the run and used the tight ends more I think he would've been ok across the board...

Edited by slickgadawg

21 minutes ago, mike teevee said:

Mel Tucker leaving - that is fine. 

Losing to Bama - Yes, sucks

Losing Fields - Yes, sucks... unless he really was a negative guy for the locker room like some rumors said 

Losing to Texas - Meh. The worst part was the Twitter blowback because of the player complaints of the playoffs. The game is forgettable once it is over. 

Cheney leaving - fine with that. 

I agree about the Tucker situation not being too bad is because I believe they can replace him from within.  Chaney leaving bothers me though...

Tucker taking a head coaching job is a positive for UGA. Shows we are a successful program and other programs want to tap into what we are doing. Tucker of course has the experience at Alabama and success as a coach in the NFL also. All positive for us. We just have to replace him with another quality DC, even if it’s an internal promotion that Kirby develops as he did under Saban. Coaches get hired away for promotions from successful programs.

And on that note, Chaney took a “lateral move” to a worse job. UT has better history, yes, but it’s a worse job. He left a team playing for championships every year, with 2 years left in his contract, to be the OC at a school that’s struggling just for bowl eligibility these days. Should tell you all you need to know about that.

Justin Fields is a really unfortunate string of events and I honestly question why he ever signed with UGA to begin with if his mentality was year 1 starter or bust. Sucks to lose a player with his ability and potential but it’s a team sport and we will be fine as long as Fromm stays healthy.

Sugar Bowl was a big disappointment but it is what it is. Players were not focused because they thought they should have been in the playoff. No one sane will care about that next season.

The only rough part was losing to Bama again. We have to get over that hump. 2018 may be our worst team from a talent and experience standpoint for a long time though, which is saying something considering this squad got to the Sugar Bowl and was right there in the mix for a playoff berth. 2019 team has some experience gaps with NFL departures, but top teams deal with that regularly and the only real area of concern is TE. Maybe include QB if Fromm misses games for any reason. We should have another team capable of going toe to toe with Bama. Gotta get it done though.

Porter Osborne Jr likes this