Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
falconsd56

Some interesting potential free agent signings

30 posts in this topic

So now that we know who will be coaching our offense i thought I would look at the potential free agents from the Bucs and titans...since it is not uncommon for coaches to bring players from their former teams.(we had a **** ton of former  Jags through Smitty's time here and we had as many skins in 2015 shanny took over the offense and Tampa had A LOT of former falcons under DK)

Luke Stocker. TE........actually played for both DK and MM. He is a really solid blocking TE.

Peyton Barber RB.....with Teco  probably gone i could see us looking for a power type back to complement the shifty Freeman and the Judge.Barber is not a bell cow back but he runs hard and has good size at 225.

Quizz is a FA as well he is not much of a running threat now but he can still catch and he is still one of the best blocking backs i have ever seen...dude brings it in pass pro

Quinton Spain - offensive guard with the titans....big and moves well. If he hits the market we will probably have to overpay but he would know most of the system from his time with MM

 

Donovan Smith offensive tackle....basically the outside version of Spain....if he hits the market....he is an overpay but he would be a fantastic RT option...but he has been with Dk  his whole career.

Kwon Alexander -linebacker.......an injury concern but fantastic linebacker who is friends with Debo and we love LSU linebackers.

Honorable mention IF he gets cut....Gerald McCoy......he may not be what he was but he can still cause havoc in the middle and he and Grady would be a pretty formidable duo inside

The linemen may not reach FA but if they do I can see us making a pitch for either or even both of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love to see Kwon & McCoy...

Campbell, Riley, Fuye would be good depth

Jarrett, McCoy, Crawford, Senat, rookie would be solid...

 

my Off-season:

Kwon Alexander or KJ Wright

Gerald McCoy DT

Shaq Mason LG

Tavon Austin KR/PR

Resign

Sambrailo, Jarrett

Cut

Alford, Reed, Schraeder

Draft

Cody Ford RT/RG

Julian Love CB

Jaylon Ferguson DE

Depth, Depth, Depth

 

blackredfellow and IamFRESCO1 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Would love to see Kwon & McCoy...

Campbell, Riley, Fuye would be good depth

Jarrett, McCoy, Crawford, Senat, rookie would be solid...

 

my Off-season:

Kwon Alexander or KJ Wright

Gerald McCoy DT

Shaq Mason LG

Tavon Austin KR/PR

Resign

Sambrailo, Jarrett

Cut

Alford, Reed, Schraeder

Draft

Cody Ford RT/RG

Julian Love CB

Jaylon Ferguson DE

Depth, Depth, Depth

 

If Seattle let's KJ Wrght hit the market i think that he will be a Falcon

Especially with Quinn  taking over the defense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Interesting

I figured that you would be considering they are both on the bigger side/

Are we man or zone blocking?

gazoo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Knight of God said:

Are we man or zone blocking?

Good question

We actually ran a LOT of zone styles runs under MM  and DK.....more inside than out out but. But we certainly ran more man with them.

Both of them know the offense (at least what  we think the offense will be)  so what ever we run they will have at least some knowledge of.

Pretty much every team runs some combo of man and zone 

egoprime II and Knight of God like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spain has Conklin and lewan on his line and Titan I terior oline cannot get it together, Spain was benched end of the season halfway through the Jets game , he is like shreader, udfa, had 2.good years and fell off a cliff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Good question

We actually ran a LOT of zone styles runs under MM  and DK.....more inside than out out but. But we certainly ran more man with them.

Both of them know the offense (at least what  we think the offense will be)  so what ever we run they will have at least some knowledge of.

Pretty much every team runs some combo of man and zone 

Yeah it doesn’t matter because we’ll be passing 65-80% of the time anyways. Like I said, I hate verts so if any of those guys are taken it’s cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Knight of God said:

Yeah it doesn’t matter because we’ll be passing 65-80% of the time anyways. Like I said, I hate verts so if any of those guys are taken it’s cool. 

I think that we will see a more balanced offense than that.

Despite his tendency to air it out he has proven that he will rely on the run if he can.

We need to be better upfront regardless of who we have

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I think that we will see a more balanced offense than that.

Despite his tendency to air it out he has proven that he will rely on the run if he can.

We need to be better upfront regardless of who we have

 

Well, I can only base it on what I know so far. So based on what he has done, I doubt we’ll be balanced. We said this the last time. I’m not falling for that crap again. And I hate verts. I can’t watch that. I already have had enough of the lack of run game we’ve had. Sorry defense. Not my type of ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Are we man or zone blocking?

If you go back and watch the Redskins game this year, we actually ran a lot using man concepts.  It was something that Sark should have used all year, but didn't know what he was doing.  Against the skins we kept just enough outside zone to get their DE's and LB's to over pursue to shut that down and then we rightfully went to more of an inside man scheme and ran some counter and veer concepts that killed the skins.  Why we didn't do that every game from there out is beyond me.  Sark seemed to want to force the toss sweep every game after, even when the defense was sitting on the edge every run.

Point I'm trying to make is that although we were predominately an outside zone running team, we have utilized man concepts on more than one occasion, even with Shanahan.  In 2016, Free had some really nice runs from off tackle power blocking.  I don't think we are ever going back to a pure power man scheme (not with DQ or DK as HC and OC), but we will have zone and power concepts.  I think the key is going to be game planning while keeping our talent in mind, when attacking the defense for that week and then adapting during the game.  Shanahan was excellent at that when his ego wasn't in the way (Super Bowl).  Sark couldn't figure it out.  I always thought that Koetter was good at it, but he had some miserable Olines and never a very good back.

falconsd56 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

If you go back and watch the Redskins game this year, we actually ran a lot using man concepts.  It was something that Sark should have used all year, but didn't know what he was doing.  Against the skins we kept just enough outside zone to get their DE's and LB's to over pursue to shut that down and then we rightfully went to more of an inside man scheme and ran some counter and veer concepts that killed the skins.  Why we didn't do that every game from there out is beyond me.  Sark seemed to want to force the toss sweep every game after, even when the defense was sitting on the edge every run.

Point I'm trying to make is that although we were predominately an outside zone running team, we have utilized man concepts on more than one occasion, even with Shanahan.  In 2016, Free had some really nice runs from off tackle power blocking.  I don't think we are ever going back to a pure power man scheme (not with DQ or DK as HC and OC), but we will have zone and power concepts.  I think the key is going to be game planning while keeping our talent in mind, when attacking the defense for that week and then adapting during the game.  Shanahan was excellent at that when his ego wasn't in the way (Super Bowl).  Sark couldn't figure it out.  I always thought that Koetter was good at it, but he had some miserable Olines and never a very good back.

Well yeah, I know that. What are we going with predominately? This Koetter thing is really getting on my nerves...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Well yeah, I know that. What are we going with predominately? This Koetter thing is really getting on my nerves...lol

I hear ya.  I'm nervous about the hire, but I think it is probably the best option.  I think Ryan might actually take this offense over and demand to keep the things he likes and that he feels works.  To me, the biggest advantage of this hire is that Koetter gets along with Ryan and knows how to adapt to the team he is playing.  He will also take chances and I believe he is pretty creative.  I think people are not being fair when they say he is not.  The four verts is just away to open up the intermediate routes.  We have the talent here to really run this offense well IF we get an offensive line that can give Ryan more than 2.5 seconds.  The Oline is going to be the key I think.  But then again, you can say that for every offense out there.

vitaman and falconsd56 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again I’m also not a fan of Koetter if Ryan’s doing straight drop backs I’ll say it now we’re in trouble Oline regardless.These days pass rush is to good.

KS had the right idea by improving Ryan’s pocket movement and getting Ryan throwing on the move,adding bootlegs and continually moving the pocket so it kept pass rush off balance.

To me thats coaching right there I don’t get the inkling Koetter or even Sark had that in there repertoires when actually calling an offense and protecting his QB and Oline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, schwarzenegger321 said:

I hear ya.  I'm nervous about the hire, but I think it is probably the best option.  I think Ryan might actually take this offense over and demand to keep the things he likes and that he feels works.  To me, the biggest advantage of this hire is that Koetter gets along with Ryan and knows how to adapt to the team he is playing.  He will also take chances and I believe he is pretty creative.  I think people are not being fair when they say he is not.  The four verts is just away to open up the intermediate routes.  We have the talent here to really run this offense well IF we get an offensive line that can give Ryan more than 2.5 seconds.  The Oline is going to be the key I think.  But then again, you can say that for every offense out there.

Man I’m glad Ryan gets something he wants and I’m happy the fan base likes the hire. I sincerely don’t like Koetter. Never did. I hate verts. I spent those years breaking down film on why certain plays were not going to work against certain teams. I can call every play so easy. All of those empty backfields. Lort. I’m not interested. That game does not entertain me whatsoever. 

Now. When Sark left Bama, I was thrilled. I wondered which stupid team in the NFL hired him. Checked Twitter and boom. I laughed like the Joker. I thought that I was done watching him and I obviously wasn’t. Same with Koetter. I was happy to see him go. More than any other coach. Now boom, he’s back. There are people who love his stats. Good. There is more than stats but I’ve been repeating that for years. I’m tired and pretty disappointed about this hire. So, it’s whatever for me. 

kiwifalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Well yeah, I know that. What are we going with predominately? This Koetter thing is really getting on my nerves...lol

I ask this out of respect.....but does it really matter?

If we could win running the wildcat all game i would be down for it.

It my not be my preference but  at the end of the day if we win i can give 2 shats how we do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

I ask this out of respect.....but does it really matter?

If we could win running the wildcat all game i would be down for it.

It my not be my preference but  at the end of the day if we win i can give 2 shats how we do it.

I like Man and Zone. I was asking based on what Quinn said BEFORE about being scheme specific, but I forgot the goal post moves randomly. So, whatever man. I hate verts. I hate Koetters style. I don’t like Koetter. We brought him back, I won’t take days off to watch any games. That easy. Glad you’re good with it and I have nothing against that. I only care about what I find entertaining. I’ll check the scores. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

I like Man and Zone. I was asking based on what Quinn said BEFORE about being scheme specific, but I forgot the goal post moves randomly. So, whatever man. I hate verts. I hate Koetters style. I don’t like Koetter. We brought him back, I won’t take days off to watch any games. That easy. Glad you’re good with it and I have nothing against that. I only care about what I find entertaining. I’ll check the scores. 

Fair enough.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

So now that we know who will be coaching our offense i thought I would look at the potential free agents from the Bucs and titans...since it is not uncommon for coaches to bring players from their former teams.(we had a **** ton of former  Jags through Smitty's time here and we had as many skins in 2015 shanny took over the offense and Tampa had A LOT of former falcons under DK)

Luke Stocker. TE........actually played for both DK and MM. He is a really solid blocking TE.

Peyton Barber RB.....with Teco  probably gone i could see us looking for a power type back to complement the shifty Freeman and the Judge.Barber is not a bell cow back but he runs hard and has good size at 225.

Quizz is a FA as well he is not much of a running threat now but he can still catch and he is still one of the best blocking backs i have ever seen...dude brings it in pass pro

Quinton Spain - offensive guard with the titans....big and moves well. If he hits the market we will probably have to overpay but he would know most of the system from his time with MM

 

Donovan Smith offensive tackle....basically the outside version of Spain....if he hits the market....he is an overpay but he would be a fantastic RT option...but he has been with Dk  his whole career.

Kwon Alexander -linebacker.......an injury concern but fantastic linebacker who is friends with Debo and we love LSU linebackers.

Honorable mention IF he gets cut....Gerald McCoy......he may not be what he was but he can still cause havoc in the middle and he and Grady would be a pretty formidable duo inside

The linemen may not reach FA but if they do I can see us making a pitch for either or even both of them

Bobby Massie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0