Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The O.D.B

Matt Ryan Was Not Traded to the Bucs

34 posts in this topic

So, Is that what this year is going to look like? I mean the Bucs and us are near mirror images of each other right now, our strengths and weaknesses are almost identical. The only true difference I can see is, we have a good QB. 

I know this hire makes sense and is the "Safe" hire but, I really wanted to be excited about our new OC and instead I'm dreading another season of potential not achieved.

Expect a boom of success then a steep drop off in playcalling, scheming and creativity. Koetter’s offense is extremely predictable and easily stopped. Last time he was here we feasted on low tier defenses then were stifled against mid to top tier defenses. 

Posted (edited)

This is stupid how sincne of y'all are acting.  

Koetter PF ranked 8, 20 and 12

Mularkey PF ranked 10, 13, 5, 7

Many can hate on them both for several reasons. But fact is they both have worked with ryan and gave us a top 10 offense.  If not for our sorry defense we won have been playing the ravens in the superbowl. However the defense blew so bad in the Seahawks game, that they scored with less than a minute and julio Jones had the inspection. And don't forget the announcers mocked our defense with saying "the seahawks offense has no grass stains on them the entire game". Then the 49ers game the fans are so loud the first half that it extremely helped our defense. But the second half the fans went to get drinks at halftime and were slow to return. Which caused the defense to play, which caused us to lose the game.  

Shanny and sark had one good season one bad season, each. Koetter and mularkey have a better track record with ryan.  In fact Shanahan looks like a dud with only having one season with ryan and one season with rg3 as looking good.  

Edited by mashburn*Fibonacci

2 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Expect a boom of success then a steep drop off in playcalling, scheming and creativity. Koetter’s offense is extremely predictable and easily stopped. Last time he was here we feasted on low tier defenses then were stifled against mid to top tier defenses. 

If that is the case, please explain the 2012 season. Thanks

JDaveG and Geneaut like this

Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

Easy. We played an easy schedule. Go back and look at the teams we played and their record. Also take note of the defensive rankings of the teams we beat versus the teams we lost to. Thanks. 

I am pretty sure we got to the NFC title and should have won if Ice didnt fumble, if Harry didnt fall, if Roddy didnt fall, if Ryan connected. Tf you talking about. 

Just now, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

We stopped scoring against a stout SF defense and lost?

I am pretty sure the weeks before we played a stout defense as well. Please go back and watch that SF game, we had them on the ropes but a shoddy defense and ****** mistakes killed us in the half. Also no run game did us in. Turner was pretty much done at that point. 

mashburn*Fibonacci likes this

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Easy. We played an easy schedule. Go back and look at the teams we played and their record. Also take note of the defensive rankings of the teams we beat versus the teams we lost to. Thanks. 

.  If not for our sorry defense we won have been playing the ravens in the superbowl. However the defense blew so bad in the Seahawks game, that they scored with less than a minute and julio Jones had the inspection. And don't forget the announcers mocked our defense with saying "the seahawks offense has no grass stains on them the entire game".

Then the 49ers game the fans are so loud the first half that it extremely helped our defense. But the second half the fans went to get drinks at halftime and were slow to return. Which caused the defense to play, which caused us to lose the game.  

I was their, I have season tickets. I heard the way the crowd reacted.  And i'll never forget how our defense was with and without them.  

Just now, FalconBlood23 said:

I am pretty sure we got to the NFC title and should have won if Ice didnt fumble, if Harry didnt fall, if Roddy didnt fall, if Ryan connected. Tf you talking about. 

I am pretty sure the weeks before we played a stout defense as well. Please go back and watch that SF game, we had them on the ropes but a shoddy defense and ****** mistakes killed us in the half. Also no run game did us in. Turner was pretty much done at that point. 

You said the 2012 season as a whole, not one game. Please keep the goal post stationary. Like I said before, go look at the teams we played and their respective record/defensive rankings. Thanks. 

Knight of God likes this

2 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

.  If not for our sorry defense we won have been playing the ravens in the superbowl. However the defense blew so bad in the Seahawks game, that they scored with less than a minute and julio Jones had the inspection. And don't forget the announcers mocked our defense with saying "the seahawks offense has no grass stains on them the entire game".

Then the 49ers game the fans are so loud the first half that it extremely helped our defense. But the second half the fans went to get drinks at halftime and were slow to return. Which caused the defense to play, which caused us to lose the game.  

I was their, I have season tickets. I heard the way the crowd reacted.  And i'll never forget how our defense was with and without them.  

Our Defense was terrible. I’ll never forget Nolan dropping Worrilow into safety coverage. It definitely was awful. That being said our schedule was pretty cake. Not knocking it, you play who you play, but it’s indicative to the path we took. Momentum is a real factor. 

Just now, Sidecar Falcon said:

You said the 2012 season as a whole, not one game. Please keep the goal post stationary. Like I said before, go look at the teams we played and their respective record/defensive rankings. Thanks. 

I watched that entire season, I do not need to go back and look at anything.

You stated that :

10 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

"predictable and easily stopped" and "low tier defenses" , but yet when it faced the highest level of competition that same year, it passed with flying colors. If not for mistakes we were in the SB.

You can only play who is on your schedule and that year Dirk proved himself against hard competition. 

Let me list them out to you if you like: 

Points total vs defenses (2012 before the team went to ****)

30 vs Seahawks (1 Overall Defense)

24 vs 49ers (2nd Overall Defense)

27 vs Broncos (4th Overall Defense) 

So to say that his offense is garbage against good competition is just a fallacy. 

JDaveG, Geneaut, BirdFan33 and 1 other like this

17 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

I watched that entire season, I do not need to go back and look at anything.

You stated that :

"predictable and easily stopped" and "low tier defenses" , but yet when it faced the highest level of competition that same year, it passed with flying colors. If not for mistakes we were in the SB.

You can only play who is on your schedule and that year Dirk proved himself against hard competition. 

Let me list them out to you if you like: 

Points total vs defenses (2012 before the team went to ****)

30 vs Seahawks (1 Overall Defense)

24 vs 49ers (2nd Overall Defense)

27 vs Broncos (4th Overall Defense) 

So to say that his offense is garbage against good competition is just a fallacy. 

I watched the entire season as well. As well as studied the stats of the opposing teams.

So the three games you picked were:

Broncos: Manning’s 2nd game back from major neck surgery and threw 3 interceptions. Defense won that game.

Seahawks: 10 points in the second half.

49ers: 0 points in the second half and lost.

So you might want to rewatch those games again.

Knight of God likes this

I watched the entire season as well. As well as studied the stats of the opposing teams.

Broncos: Manning’s 2nd game back from major neck surgery and threw 3 interceptions. Defense won that game.

lol so the offense gets no credit at all in your mind huh? ok fine bro, think what you want to think. Now I understand how you see things

6 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

lol so the offense gets no credit at all in your mind huh? ok fine bro, think what you want to think. Now I understand how you see things

LOL Never said that, but if that’s the straw man you want to use then go ahead. My apologies for decimating your narrative with such ease that it forces you to try and use logical fallacies  

Point I’m making is that the success in 2012 season had other mitigating factors other than “Koetter is a great OC”. He isn’t great, he’s average. 

Knight of God likes this

39 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

This is stupid how sincne of y'all are acting.  

It's not so much about the man himself, I believe he's a good enough coach. For me, it's about similarities and fit.

*They have 1 elite WR
*They have 1 speed WR
*They have shifty tough rbs who can catch
*They have a secondary that should be lights-out but isn't
*They have one good DT and one young buck with potential
*They have a pass-rush that can be disruptive but, also disappears
*They have a suspect Oline
*They have fast freak LBs who can cover and play the run

I know this list probably describes most teams in the NFL but, the team we fielded this year has a striking resemblance to TB with the exception of Matt.

Fit: is DK going to run the KS playbook or is he bringing his own. either way there is a learning curve that makes me uneasy. I get that DK is competent and should be better than Sark on all counts but, if we're drifting away from what we were in 2016 it doesn't feel like a step forward.  I guess we'll hear more in the coming days.

IamFRESCO1 likes this

LOL Never said that, but if that’s the straw man you want to use then go ahead. My apologies for decimating your narrative with such ease, that it forces you to try and use logical fallacies  

Point I’m making is that the success in 2012 season had other mitigating factors other than “Koetter is a great OC”. He isn’t great, he’s average. 

nah you did not decimate anything I said, your entire argument is that we played a weak schedule. You can only play who is on your schedule, what do you want the guy to do? And when I showed you that he scored enough points to win when the top defenses came on you said nah he failed in the end. On what concept do you not understand that if in that SF game, if we execute any of the multiple mistakes we made, we would have been in the SB. I believe, and the stats back this up that DK is above average to great OC when given the correct talent such as a decent Oline which is what we had in 2012. I see your comments in every thread saying he is predictable and bad, that is incorrect. You already have a set narrative in your mind that you are not willing to change so there is no point in arguing with you, its a waste of time. 

Most who would have preferred we kept Sark by default support Quinn as Sark was his boy.... This hire is 100% some more of your man DQ.

Sark gave us top 10 offense so we were idiots to fire him.... Koetter gave us top 10 offense and we are idiots to hire him.

TATF at it's finest

feel-the-butthurt-flow-through-you.jpg

Lowndesfalc likes this

Just now, FalconBlood23 said:

nah you did not decimate anything I said, your entire argument is that we played a weak schedule. You can only play who is on your schedule, what do you want the guy to do? And when I showed you that he scored enough points to win when the top defenses came on you said nah he failed in the end. On what concept do you not understand that if in that SF game, if we execute any of the multiple mistakes we made, we would have been in the SB. I believe, and the stats back this up that DK is above average to great OC when given the correct talent such as a decent Oline which is what we had in 2012. I see your comments in every thread saying he is predictable and bad, that is incorrect. You already have a set narrative in your mind that you are not willing to change so there is no point in arguing with you, its a waste of time. 

I stated in another post that you can only play who’s in front of you. During his tenure here he became increasingly more predictable and easier to stop. His playcalling was shut down, after the half, in two of the biggest games of the year. There were no adjustments and our offense stalled out. Those defenses figured out our offense and shut us down.

We struggled against better defenses during his tenure here. Our schedule for the 2012 was weak. That’s not a criticism, it’s a fact. People want to anoint him over that one season where the stars aligned. They look at that season through rose colored glasses. That season was good, and was very enjoyable but we weren’t the world beaters that everyone claims we were. 

55 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Falcons had 4 real drives in the 2nd half and the starting field for them were 20, 28, 1, and 20 yard line.  That means the defense and special team didn’t do their job to give the offense better FoP.  Then 3 of the 4 drives ended up in SF territory where they either turn the ball over or ended on down, 2 of which were already in FG territory and could easily be 6 pts.  The 2 turnover are not something that the OC can control, and the drive that ended on down they had Harry Douglas wide open but he fell down otherwise he would have walked into the end zone.  The only 3 and out was where the ball started on the 1 yard line which kind of limit how aggressive the play calling can be.  So tell me again how DK is to blame for not scoring in the 2nd half?  Also don’t forget that the offense also put up 24 pts in the 1st half where they scored 4 out of 5 drives.  Could have score 3 of 4 or 5 drives in the 2nd half as well if they players have executed like they did in the first half instead of turning the ball over.  Sometimes it is not so clearly if the coordinators are to blame or not, but clearly in this game DK is not to blame. 

Falconsfan567 and Geneaut like this

1 hour ago, FalconBlood23 said:

I understand as well it's through a blindfold this gentleman might as well be signed up for the 2nd part of birdbox.

5 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Our Defense was terrible. I’ll never forget Nolan dropping Worrilow into safety coverage. It definitely was awful. That being said our schedule was pretty cake. Not knocking it, you play who you play, but it’s indicative to the path we took. Momentum is a real factor. 

Worrilow wasnt part of that team. Our starting LB’s were Nicholas, Peterson and Spoon.