spanish_falcon

Koetter signed

258 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I wonder which poster on here is D-led.  He dropped the mic just for TATF.  Nobody else even knows who he is.  

My guess: FFS1970

I dunno man,  I don’t think so. 

My bet is @R_The_Great.....the dude posts just like D-Led writes.....

Falconsin2012 and JDaveG like this

5 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

He will diffenantly be better than who we had,,, I like screens.. But anybody will be an upgrade IMO.

This is the kind of thing that just blows my mind. Sark wasn't that bad. You don't have the offensive season the Falcons did if he was so bad. How on earth are people acting like this guy was so bad and that Ryan, Julio and Ridley all had the seasons they did in spite of Sark.

Lornoth, JDaveG, Vandy and 1 other like this

6 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

DQ and TD have to hold their laughs in when he trips over his words to barely get a sentence out. 

He's great for comedic relief during press conference. Smart move by the team for letting him in. 

Seen every beat writer. The only one the Org let in the Brotherhood was Daryl.

Our only real homeristic beat writer. Loved watchin TATF hate on him while he gets paid.

Vandy likes this

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

This is the kind of thing that just blows my mind. Sark wasn't that bad. You don't have the offensive season the Falcons did if he was so bad. How on earth are people acting like this guy was so bad and that Ryan, Julio and Ridley all had the seasons they did in spite of Sark.

I couldn't disagree more... Just wait till next season after a few games and get back with me... You'll see how bad he was.

I like the Koetter hire.

How was he with red zone play calls though? Strangely enough that was sort of a Sark strength.

Posted (edited)

As OC for ATL in 2013, Koetter has the Falcons as the 14th best offense in the league with the following:

Holmes, Blalock, Konz, Reynolds, Trueblood as the OL

A 30 year old Steven Hackson and Julio played 5 games that year.

Ryan threw for 4500 yards, 26 TDs, easily on par or better season than both Shanny and Sarks first years.

Thats all you need need to know there....

Who did y’all realistically think would be an upgrade? Do you really want a guy with no experience as a play caller? Those are the realistic options outside of Kubiak....

This was a solid hire. A stable hire. And a hire on the offensive side, along with Mularky and Knapp that will provide good game planning and in game management necessary for DQ to run the defense as DC.

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan

5 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I couldn't disagree more... Just wait till next season after a few games and get back with me... You'll see how bad he was.

Just because the offense looks like it will be better in 2019 doesn't make Sark so terrible. The folks that refuse to give Sark any credit are being very illogical.

JDaveG, Vandy and likeriver like this

48 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Just because the offense looks like it will be better in 2019 doesn't make Sark so terrible. The folks that refuse to give Sark any credit are being very illogical.

Maybe The Nut blames Sark because his annual SB prediction was wrong. Again. :ninja:

Falconsfan567 likes this

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't know why folks act like Dirk Koetter likes and intents to thrown the ball 75% of the time. When he has a good running game he uses it.

• 2007 = Jaguars = 2nd Rushing Yards
  • 2010 = Jaguars = 3rd Rushing Yards
  • 2015 = Buccaneers = 5th Rushing Yards
  • 2009 = Jaguars = 10th Rushing Yards
  • 2011 = Jaguars = 12th Rushing Yards

Bc his pass to run ratio is 2:1.

Vandy likes this

3 hours ago, Monoxide said:

If we convert on the goal line in the NFC Championship, we win the Super Bowl. 

Matt Ryan to Julio/Roddy/Gonzalez was a cheat code against defenses.

Facts

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Jimmy Mora as the d-Back coach

Mike Smith as the LB coach....I know we already got one but fux it. Let it ride

Vandy likes this

14 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

As OC for ATL in 2014, Koettee has the Falcons as the 14th best offense in the league with the following:

Holmes, Blalock, Konz, Reynolds, Trueblood as the OL

A 30 year old Steven Hackson and Julio played 5 games that year.

Ryan threw for 4500 yards, 26 TDs, easily on par or better season than both Shanny and Sarks first years.

Thats all you need need to know there....

Who did y’all realistically think would be an upgrade? Do you really want a guy with no experience as a play caller? Those are the realistic options outside of Kubiak....

This was a solid hire. A stable hire. And a hire on the offensive side, along with Mularky and Knapp that will provide good game planning and in game management necessary for DQ to run the defense as DC.

I agree. Thought he was the guy the entire time. We prob win NFC in 2017 with Koetter offense. I really am surprised they didn't hire Bevell though. I'm glad though and now we can have a heavier OL as well if we want.

Bobby.Digital likes this

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Jim Mora is a defensive guy who used to be a DB coach and it appears we have a need there right? LOL!! He has a DQ connection to Seattle as well.

HE wanted that U-dub job badly

33 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I have no idea how you couldn't see the backslide of our O# under Sark.  Let me just say this,, I'm sure glad that TD and Blank saw it... Very happy we can count on them to keep working on this team until they get it right..

42 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Bc his pass to run ratio is 2:1.

Only when it has to be. That is what I'm trying to say. When he has a good running offense he uses it. Why would you want him to keep trying to run the ball if it's not working? Here's his rushing attempts ranks.

• 2007 - Jaguars - 2nd
  • 2010 - Jaguars - 3rd
  • 2011 - Jaguars - 4th
  • 2016 - Buccaneers - 7th
  • 2015 - Buccaneers - 8th
  • 2009 - Jaguars - 12th
  • 2008 - Jaguars -18th

That just like the rushing yards ranks proves that if you give the man a good rushing offense he will use it.

JDaveG likes this

21 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I have no idea how you couldn't see the backslide of our O# under Sark.  Let me just say this,, I'm sure glad that TD and Blank saw it... Very happy we can count on them to keep working on this team until they get it right..

I saw Matt Ryan have the 2nd best season of his life under Sark. That's a fact and Sark deserves credit for it.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I saw Matt Ryan have the 2nd best season of his life under Sark. That's a fact and Sark deserves credit for it.

Ya reckon that's why they fired him??  Personnally,, I've never see Ryan struggle so hard to get anything done this year.. Just not as smooth as it used to be. Plus ,, we didn't run the ball enough.. That's why I'm hoping we draft a major big Back with talent. I think Hill will contribute next season also..