spanish_falcon

Koetter signed

258 posts in this topic

People are going crazy about this hire on twitter but get quiet as soon as you hit them with numbers and ask what the alternatives were. 

Pacific_Falcon likes this

wonder how Free will work with this run game...or if we stick with an outside zone, if we'll be able to mesh Koetter's passing concepts with the run game like we've done for the past 4 years...

20 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Dirk was the HC in TB. So you are defending him by now saying he is too stupid to pick OL and RBs to help his rushing attack?

Thats not a good look bro.

You have no idea what you're talking about and just upset to be upset. Post Dirk's latest numbers.

Just now, FentayeJones said:

DLed was better than Pastabelly, WinkleJohn, Terrence Moore, Bradley, pretty much all of our beat writers. Blind loyalist accepted by all regimes. Brotherhood access at The Branch. The organization hated all the others who continuously wrote hater articles. Shut em down. Only let DLed in. They love the bowtie, high pitched voice and blind loyalty. Lawyer, professor and long time beat writer that's seen quite a bit. That's why the first weekly presser question is granted to DLed. I've enjoyed watching yall boys hate on him for a decade while he was getting paid. Oh and he was right about Gurley. Hate on. Haters.

FentayeJones and slickgadawg like this

32 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Lol hilarious!!! But I still don't like his reporting!

You shouldn't. He's a buffoon.

E. T. likes this

1 hour ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

And now it’s time to rewatch that 2012 season

I'd rather not watch the ending. STILL too soon...

1 hour ago, Lord Sarcomere said:

Interesting. I don't know how to feel about that. Koetter is a 4-verts kind of guy. Not exactly familiar with Sarkisian's offensive system in college, but we all saw how it played out his first year picking up Shanahan's playbook. I'd imagine it would take Koetter more than 1 offseason to learn the intricacies of the system.

We will use zone concepts in the running game, but I just don’t see Koetter using any passing playbook but his own.  And honestly, now that he’s hired, let him do his thing.

JDaveG likes this

DK got Ryan Fitzpatrick to best the saints this season....

He also gave us a run for our money both games but thankfully his qb is a turnover machine.

ill take it.. ryan will continue putting up 4500+ and 30+ tds/season

Dr Long Shot likes this

1 hour ago, mqg96 said:

I believe Koetter's success with the Falcons the next couple of years will come down to our personnel decisions with the O-line. I mean Quinn claims he wants to scrub everyone except Mack and Matthews, but Mack is old now and you'll need a replacement for him very soon, making Matthews the only guy from the O-line locked on the roster for awhile. 

Mack may bounce back to dominance if we can get a couple of NFL starting caliber guards to play alongside of him.

Just now, SkerFalcon8710 said:

DK got Ryan Fitzpatrick to best the saints this season....

He also gave us a run for our money both games but thankfully his qb is a turnover machine.

ill take it.. ryan will continue putting up 4500+ and 30+ tds/season

All Koetter did was send 4 deep and throw the ball.. Says alot though when Sark couldn't even follow that simple plan.. 

1 hour ago, Ryan2Jones1989 said:

I am curious if Koetter is going to bring any of his TB assistants with him or if we keep everyone already on board. 

I’m curious whether he can bring some of his o-line.....

Ryan is comfortable with Koetter. Bringing in his 18th OC in 12 years would have started another two-year window of having to learn and master a new offense. I'm fine with this hire.

3 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

All Koetter did was send 4 deep and throw the ball.. Says alot though when Sark couldn't even follow that simple plan.. 

No, because the Oline couldn't block that long.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

9 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

We will use zone concepts in the running game, but I just don’t see Koetter using any passing playbook but his own.  And honestly, now that he’s hired, let him do his thing.

It doesn't work that way. In Shanny's system, the passing game is married to the running game. You can run or pass from just about any formation, which made it so difficult to stop. Screw Koetter's max protection, keep Ryan in shotgun 70% of the time bubble screen offense.

Just now, JerseyNo12 said:

It doesn't work that way. In Shanny's system, the passing game is married to the running game. You can run or pass from just about any formation, which made it so difficult to stop. Screw Koetter's max protection, keep Ryan in shotgun 70% of the time bubble screen offense.

You can run 4-Verts with a ZBS...

JDaveG likes this

9 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You mean we’ll throw the deep ball again? Hope ryan can regain 2016 form for it. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

2 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

You mean we’ll throw the deep ball again? Hope ryan can regain 2016 form for it. 

Hope he's warming that arm up again like he did in 16..cant remember the trainers he went to in Cali but imo they did a **** of a job that offseason 

likeriver and Falconsin2012 like this

6 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Hope he's warming that arm up again like he did in 16..cant remember the trainers he went to in Cali but imo they did a **** of a job that offseason 

Tom House.  Former Braves pitcher...he will be there again in August

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

Nothing but praise for this move.  Koetter teaming with Mularky with Ryan's familiarization of both is the best recipe for quick success.  All have a common goal they all badly want before turning the lights out on their respective NFL careers.  Can't wait for the 19 season.  RISE UP! 

2 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

And here come the screens....

He will diffenantly be better than who we had,,, I like screens.. But anybody will be an upgrade IMO.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

DLed was better than Pastabelly, WinkleJohn, Terrence Moore, Bradley, pretty much all of our beat writers. Blind loyalist accepted by all regimes. Brotherhood access at The Branch. The organization hated all the others who continuously wrote hater articles. Shut em down. Only let DLed in. They love the bowtie, high pitched voice and blind loyalty. Lawyer, professor and long time beat writer that's seen quite a bit. That's why the first weekly presser question is granted to DLed. I've enjoyed watching yall boys hate on him for a decade while he was getting paid. Oh and he was right about Gurley. Hate on. Haters.

DQ and TD have to hold their laughs in when he trips over his words to barely get a sentence out. 

He's great for comedic relief during press conference. Smart move by the team for letting him in. 

2 hours ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

We have 3 previous Offensive Coordinators back on the team

Hey,, that's not a bad thing,, WE had a good system but not the players we have now,, And since we've gotten a lot of good players we've IMO had a terrible OC ,, I don't think fans on here know how much this will help us... Sad that we had the wrong OC the last few years with all the talent we have now. After the draft we should be more talented than any Falcon team in History. Get our guys playing smart and we could make some noise next season.