Koetter signed

255 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, hotlanta said:

-Experience coach

-Experience within the divison

-Ryan’s favorite OC

-As a HC, always gave the Saints fits

We’ll be fine with Koetter as the OC

Always gave Saints fits = Job well done Mr.Blank & Quinn!

Just fits the system....and serious inside intel to Buccies! 

hotlanta likes this

This from Rotoword:

Falcons hired ex-Titans coach Mike Mularkey as TEs coach.

It's quite a fall for a coach who was most recently the two-year head man of the Titans. Mularkey will be the next man up if/when new Falcons OC Dirk Koetter gets fired.

Jan 8 - 5:46 PM

WOW
Ergo Proxy likes this

49 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

I don't really see the point bringing Koetter in if we're not even going to be running his scheme. That's doomed from the start if they want that, same as when Kyle tried to partially run Koetter's scheme and Sark tried to run Kyle's scheme.

Well, at the core, that’s why I was against the Koetter hire. He’s a good offensive mind, I have no qualms in that aspect. And I don’t even pretend to know what all went into that decision, but doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me not hiring an OC to run the WCO when most agree that's the scheme our QB is best suited for.  

4LoveoftheGame likes this

50 minutes ago, vel said:

Call it the Frankenstein! Who knows who the OC is on a given week!? 

LOL my man...gonna be interesting with all those egos in the room, won’t it?

Sure hope it all works out.

vel likes this

47 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't know why folks act like Dirk Koetter likes and intents to thrown the ball 75% of the time. When he has a good running game he uses it.

• 2007 = Jaguars = 2nd Rushing Yards
  • 2010 = Jaguars = 3rd Rushing Yards
  • 2015 = Buccaneers = 5th Rushing Yards
  • 2009 = Jaguars = 10th Rushing Yards
  • 2011 = Jaguars = 12th Rushing Yards

Go ahead and quote the rankings for the years you left out. 2013 Falcs, 2014 falcons 16-18 Bucs. See how well your theory holds up.

IMHO, we should be pleased. Kubiak never said he would leave Denver that was just a pipedream on this Board. I think Gase was overrated and I have questions about his temperament with players. DQ needs someone he can hand the keys to the offense over to. DK has been a HC and our OC I believe this will help him here. This could have been much worse. Get on-board Kubiak wasn't coming and Shanny is not coming back.

Just now, runshoot said:

Go ahead and quote the rankings for the years you left out. 2013 Falcs, 2014 falcons 16-18 Bucs. See how well your theory holds up.

There's not an OC in the world that would have had success attempting to run the ball for the 2013 and 2014 Falcons with the shape that the RB position and OL was in. Just like I don't blame Sark for not being able to run the ball this year I don't blame Koetter for not being able to run the ball those years. But you continue hating on the guy and I'll be excited and look at the positives.

mqg96 and JDaveG like this

37 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

it's all about the run game. if Free can give us another Free-like season and Ito Smith proves to not be a fluke, then the sky is the limit. the passing game is automatic

Good point. Frankly, A healthy free would have saved Sark’s job. 

JDaveG likes this

26 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I believe Koetter's success with the Falcons the next couple of years will come down to our personnel decisions with the O-line. I mean Quinn claims he wants to scrub everyone except Mack and Matthews, but Mack is old now and you'll need a replacement for him very soon, making Matthews the only guy from the O-line locked on the roster for awhile. 

We’re just gonna have to wait for the UDFA and Draft dust to settle.

13 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

You need to Kutt out the Mularkey and go take a Knapp

:rolleyes:

Are you suggesting I need a Knapp due to all my temper-tantrums?

Take the time to listen in on this one ROH, it’s pretty funny in parts..

RING OF HONOR and Godzilla1985 like this

5 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

There's not an OC in the world that would have had success attempting to run the ball for the 2013 and 2014 Falcons with the shape that the RB position and OL was in. Just like I don't blame Sark for not being able to run the ball this year I don't blame Koetter for not being able to run the ball those years. But you continue hating on the guy and I'll be excited and look at the positives.

Fine I'll do it.
2018 29th
2017 27th
2016 24th
2013 32nd
2014 24th

You go right ahead and think that 13 and 14 were some kind of outlier, which is what you are suggesting. Dirk took a 2015 good rushing team in TB and got worse each year.....EACH YEAR!

Godzilla1985 likes this

10 minutes ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

This from Rotoword:

Falcons hired ex-Titans coach Mike Mularkey as TEs coach.

It's quite a fall for a coach who was most recently the two-year head man of the Titans. Mularkey will be the next man up if/when new Falcons OC Dirk Koetter gets fired.

Jan 8 - 5:46 PM

WOW

That last part is a lie. Why isn’t Knapp the OC?

MM for the run game. HIS strength.

DK for the pass game and play calling; HIS strength.

Knapp to blend them into a WCO.

Matt to fuse his SSJ powers to God Ki and become something different. MASTERED ULTRA INSTINCT MATT RYAN!

I do not apologize.

2 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

You know DLed is feeling himself right now. This is like the one time he got to flex on the haters (TaTF)

JDaveG likes this

36 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

This season is gonna be a hard one to watch.

Nawl man....I don't make predictions but you remember this

The Falcons will not only be exciting but they will win the Superbowl next year...The Braves will win the World Series and GA will when the National Championship...I'm dropping 5 stacks on all three..

1 minute ago, runshoot said:

Fine I'll do it.
2018 29th
2017 27th
2016 24th
2013 32nd
2014 24th

You go right ahead and think that 13 and 14 were some kind of outlier, which is what you are suggesting. Dirk took a 2015 good rushing team in TB and got worse each year.....EACH YEAR!

Jacksonville Jaguars results speak for themselves. Give the man a good RB and OL and he runs the ball with plenty of success. Like I said, I'll be excited and look at the positives. It's a shame you can't do that.

1 hour ago, likeriver said:

I dunno. I'm alright with Koetter but my gut is that our passing offense won't be as good as it was under the WCO. At the same time, I also acknowledge that I don't know jack ****.

If our passing offense is worse, we’re in some really deep **** cause Cookie Cutter can run the ball to save his life.

Well that 2008-2016 run of the Falcons was fun while it lasted.  

Just now, Godzilla1985 said:

If our passing offense is worse, we’re in some really deep **** cause Cookie Cutter can run the ball to save his life.

Well that 2008-2016 run of the Falcons was fun while it lasted.  

Koetter had a good rushing attack every year in Jacksonville.