spanish_falcon

Koetter signed

255 posts in this topic

Dirk Koetter and Air Coryell along with Mike Murlarkey and Exotic Smashmouth. I dont believe Mike will be the run game coordinator because he is fundamentally difference. 

5 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

This is why the OL is more important. We had Free and TeCo getting destroyed on the handoff several times the last couple years due to the interior decline.

Fix the OL.

I believe Koetter's success with the Falcons the next couple of years will come down to our personnel decisions with the O-line. I mean Quinn claims he wants to scrub everyone except Mack and Matthews, but Mack is old now and you'll need a replacement for him very soon, making Matthews the only guy from the O-line locked on the roster for awhile. 

Flying Falcon likes this

39 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Put some respeck on DLed’s name...

Poor old D got roasted and was dead on. 

The same thing for those ppl saying Sark wasn’t going anywhere? 

Flying Falcon likes this

Posted (edited)

Is it possible we put to much stock in "schemes". I need PeytonManningsForehead to break down what exactly would change if we switched to a "four verts" offense from a "WCO".

Matt flourished in both systems. Maybe what matter more is an intelligent playcaller and detail oriented coach, regardless of scheme.

Edited by likeriver
FalconFan1st likes this

18 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

If we convert on the goal line in the NFC Championship, we win the Super Bowl. 

Matt Ryan to Julio/Roddy/Gonzalez was a cheat code against defenses.

Matt is better than 2012 version and Sanu/Ridley/Hooper are actually more total weapons outside of JJ.

Plus, even if TeCo goes and Free is back we have a better backfield.

OL and let’s get this thing rolling!

5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Hate to rehash it because this was such a heartbreaker, but it comes down to that fumble recovery on the 1 in the 4th quarter following three and out giving them the ball and the game winning drive.

Here's to Quinn building an defense that can finally hang with this offense.

Game also would have turned out differently had Ryan not thrown the interception in the 3rd quarter when the Falcons were in FG range. That was a killer and the worst thing about that interception was it only happened because Roddy lost his footing and fell down.

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Matt is better than 2012 version and Sanu/Ridley/Hooper are actually more total weapons outside of JJ.

Plus, even if TeCo goes and Free is back we have a better backfield.

OL and let’s get this thing rolling!

Just 300 more days :(

red falcon and Schwarzwald like this

6 minutes ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

While we are at it let’s go get Joe DeCamillis back to coach Special Teams! That dude had some nasty squads. 

Absolutely all for this!! But Jaguars have the right to block it.

SoCalFalconFan likes this

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Game also would have turned out differently had Ryan not thrown the interception in the 3rd quarter when the Falcons were in FG range. That was a killer and the worst thing about that interception was it only happened because Roddy lost his footing and fell down.

That's the story of Matt's career. Key moment, something stupid happens. And even though it's almost always not his fault, when fate keeps ******* the same guy you can't help but point the finger at him. One of these days Matt Ryan is gonna **** fate instead

Falconsfan567 and JDaveG like this

6 minutes ago, Jesus said:

There wasn't much of a learning curve the last time he took over. The team looked pretty good his first year.

Season opener and Warren Sapp said the Chiefs would beat the Falcons 41-0 and Falcons smashed the Chiefs!! 8-0!!

6 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Enter Knapp and 4 year WCO elite QB Matt ICE MAN Ryan.

Why not just be positive guys? IF we get the OL set up I’m not sure what it matters the play call. ;)

Rhythm, keeping the defense guessing, striking at the right time (among other things). In 2016, Shanahan did an extraordinary job as a playcaller. 

Ryan knew the system in and out in 2017, but the offense was just not operating effectively. I understand the metrics say otherwise, but things like rhythm, striking at the right time, calling a play at one point in the game to set up another at a later time, etc cannot be measured directly empirically. 

At the end of the day, it's going to be Koetter calling the plays. Not Knapp, not Ryan. That's why getting this right is so important. I don't think Koetter can pick up this playbook and master it in 1 offseason. Even with his own playbook he was often times predictable, albeit some of that was due to porous OL play and next to no production from the RB position. Just my 2 cents. 

1 minute ago, socalriseup said:

13-14 REPEAT? oline is up in the air now, defense has holes, rb is suspect. hm flashbacks.

We have some decent picks in the draft.. I'm still optimistic at this point 

39 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

We have 3 previous Offensive Coordinators back on the team

Just crazy, who does that? Our Falcons I guess, SMH

20 minutes ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

Remember the no huddle? It’s coming back! I’m pumped. Great person to have back on the coaching staff!

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

12 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

And with Raheem, there is three former HCs on the offensive side of the ball.

I’m hoping we get Terry Robiskie back so they can rethink putting Raheem Morris back on defense as DB coach.

Lowndesfalc likes this

Just now, 4LoveoftheGame said:

Just crazy, who does that? Our Falcons I guess, SMH

Blank has made it rain, he's putting his chips on the table.. No doubt he wrote a big check today.. Reported, Koetter is the highest paid OC in the league as of now 

47 minutes ago, capologist said:

Just remember, DK did well enough to get a head coaching job out of his time here.  When DQ was hired, I honestly had hoped we'd keep DK on board.  Glad he's back...

No issue with DK.#4verts

7 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Lot a guys got eaten by the turf monster that day...

JDaveG likes this

Really like this hire as long as we fix the oline or else Matt will be dead. Lol

You need to aggressively attack downfield in todays game and Koetter system is made for that. 

Plus he lets Matt run the no huddle which will be huge for us. 

Koetter with these weapons should be filthy.