spanish_falcon

Koetter signed

255 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Because he didn't have a good RB and OL. Somehow that is his fault?

Partially yes. Who brought Joe Hawley and Quizz to TB? But that's not the only reasons either. Running games have tended to improve after his departure or gotten worse on his arrival.

5 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I am ok with Koetter provided he runs the fking ball.

Like I said, he runs the ball when he has a good running game. Fix the OL so we can run the ball and he'll call plenty of running plays. He has only passed it a lot because he had no choice.

1 minute ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

LOL

He finally gets something right and suddenly he's not a steaming ostrich turd at his job? OK.

The AJC really showed up its new archrival The Athletic with this story.  I am not a huge fan of DLed but he apparently did prove his inside sources on this one.

JDaveG likes this

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

There was a quote somewhere from Quinn saying he wants to keep the same system but run more.

Interesting. I don't know how to feel about that. Koetter is a 4-verts kind of guy. Not exactly familiar with Sarkisian's offensive system in college, but we all saw how it played out his first year picking up Shanahan's playbook. I'd imagine it would take Koetter more than 1 offseason to learn the intricacies of the system.

Flying Falcon likes this

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

That’s my fear, Lo. My hope is that’s why they’re keeping Knapp.

I don't really see the point bringing Koetter in if we're not even going to be running his scheme. That's doomed from the start if they want that, same as when Kyle tried to partially run Koetter's scheme and Sark tried to run Kyle's scheme.

Pacific_Falcon likes this

Just now, Lornoth said:

Partially yes. Who brought Joe Hawley and Quizz to TB? But that's not the only reasons either. Running games have tended to improve after his departure or gotten worse on his arrival.

His running ranks in Jacksonville says differently.

• 2007 = 2nd
  • 2008 = 18th
  • 2009 = 10th
  • 2010 = 3rd
  • 2011 = 12th

Good running game his entire time there because they had a good RB and OL that could run the ball.

Ergo Proxy likes this

32 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Put some respeck on DLed’s name...

Even a broken clock is right twice a day!:tiphat:;)

Let’s go Dirk with that aggressive pass and MM on the TEs boys.

OL, run game and we BACK!

7 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Or ran the ball more in the second half of that game.

Turner got hurt in the 2nd half of that game. Falcons were running the ball very well that day, one of the only few games from 2012 where that was the case and then Turner got hurt early in the 2nd half and the run game went out the window.

23 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

We have 3 previous Offensive Coordinators back on the team

Jimmy Mora as the d-Back coach

• 2007 = 2nd
  • 2008 = 18th
  • 2009 = 10th
  • 2010 = 3rd
  • 2011 = 12th

Good running game his entire time there because they had a good RB and OL that could run the ball.

I think at minimum as long as Koetter is fed more resources than the OL we had before, we’ll surpass 2012 at minimum.

Wont know until next season by late November/December.

Falconsfan567 likes this

30 minutes ago, capologist said:

Just remember, DK did well enough to get a head coaching job out of his time here.  When DQ was hired, I honestly had hoped we'd keep DK on board.  Glad he's back...

I couldn’t agree more. I’m glad he’s back. Welcome back to the No Huddle offense, as well!

Lowndesfalc and capologist like this

• 2007 = 2nd
  • 2008 = 18th
  • 2009 = 10th
  • 2010 = 3rd
  • 2011 = 12th

8 years ago, great. Also Sark got us to 8'th and 13'th in yards per rush so we're banking on Koetter doing as well as he did 8 years ago just to stay more or less the same.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Turner got hurt in the 2nd half of that game. Falcons were running the ball very well that day, one of the only few games from 2012 where that was the case and then Turner got hurt early in the 2nd half and the run game went out the window.

This is why the OL is more important. We had Free and TeCo getting destroyed on the handoff several times the last couple years due to the interior decline.

Fix the OL.

Just now, Lornoth said:

8 years ago, great. Also Sark got us to 8'th and 13'th in yards per rush so we're banking on Koetter doing as well as he did 8 years ago just to stay more or less the same.

I'm not one of the ones that was calling for Sark to get fired so you're talking to the wrong person about that. I said folks would be crying if we fired Sark and that's exactly what we've got.

JDaveG likes this

6 minutes ago, Lord Sarcomere said:

Interesting. I don't know how to feel about that. Koetter is a 4-verts kind of guy. Not exactly familiar with Sarkisian's offensive system in college, but we all saw how it played out his first year picking up Shanahan's playbook. I'd imagine it would take Koetter more than 1 offseason to learn the intricacies of the system.

Enter Knapp and 4 year WCO elite QB Matt ICE MAN Ryan.

Why not just be positive guys? IF we get the OL set up I’m not sure what it matters the play call. ;)

Geneaut and Falconsfan567 like this

3 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm not one of the ones that was calling for Sark to get fired so you're talking to the wrong person about that. I said folks would be crying if we fired Sark and that's exactly what we've got.

I wasn't one that wanted Sark gone either, but I would have at least been okay with some other OC's like Kubiak. Going back to Koetter feels bad. I don't find his style of offense enjoyable to watch though, so maybe it's just me.

21 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

Man it’s crazy to me that a lot of people don’t like Koetter being back. This is a late Christmas present to me. I loved that 2012 offense and Koetter understands Matt Ryan’s game.

What an awesome move that sets us up for an exciting 2019. The Birds are back in town.

In 2013 and 2014 no coordinator around the league would have gotten those Falcons teams to the playoffs. Not even Shanahan. Roddy White was getting old and Tony Gonzalez was towards the end of his career. We had a lot of injuries and our O-line was bad. Our offense was really good again in 2014 but our defense was ranked 32nd. That's not on Koetter at all, although I wasn't the biggest fan of Koetter at times at least he has experience and with the talent we have now (Julio, Sanu, Ridley, Hooper, Freeman, Smith) he can't be any worse than Sark at all. 

8 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

We had the worst running attack in football with a 260 pound Michael Turner. In hindsight, I don’t have much of an issue with us riding our unstoppable passing game and avoiding multiple 3-and-outs with Turner running it up McClure’s *** for no gain. 

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Hate to rehash it because this was such a heartbreaker, but it comes down to that fumble recovery on the 1 in the 4th quarter following three and out giving them the ball and the game winning drive.

Here's to Quinn building an defense that can finally hang with this offense.

2 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

And with Raheem, there is three former HCs on the offensive side of the ball.

Good Lord, Dan Quinn will have to pay literally zero attention to the offense. At least, that seems to be the goal.