spanish_falcon

Koetter signed

258 posts in this topic

Not particularly thrilled about this. We did have a very solid offense when Koetter was our OC previously, but I was really hoping for some new blood. Not a big fan of this hire.

5 minutes ago, likeriver said:

I dunno. I'm alright with Koetter but my gut is that our passing offense won't be as good as it was under the WCO. At the same time, I also acknowledge that I don't know jack ****.

did you pay any attention to TB's offense any this season? 5125 pass yards (1st) 36 TDs (3rd) with Winston & Fitzpatrick?

6 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I thought we were going to be more balanced and run the ball?

I don't know why folks act like Dirk Koetter likes and intents to thrown the ball 75% of the time. When he has a good running game he uses it.

• 2007 = Jaguars = 2nd Rushing Yards
  • 2010 = Jaguars = 3rd Rushing Yards
  • 2015 = Buccaneers = 5th Rushing Yards
  • 2009 = Jaguars = 10th Rushing Yards
  • 2011 = Jaguars = 12th Rushing Yards

2 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

We have 3 previous Offensive Coordinators back on the team

Too many cooks in the kitchen. It makes sense since DQ wants to be DC and be hands off on offense

CrimsonFalcon likes this

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Good Lord. So when we we start looking for HC candidates for 2020?

Man it’s crazy to me that a lot of people don’t like Koetter being back. This is a late Christmas present to me. I loved that 2012 offense and Koetter understands Matt Ryan’s game.

What an awesome move that sets us up for an exciting 2019. The Birds are back in town.

12 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Let's get on with it....and y'all stop crying.... it's a done deal....on to the draft and free agency and fix these lines..

Let me cry for a few days, ROH. Not happy with this hire, but I’ll have to Get over it. 

Yo_Lover, vel, RING OF HONOR and 1 other like this

What I do think will happen is a lot of scrubs coming back. Stocker at TE, maybe Quizz, maybe Martino at WR. I do want new personnel.

Just now, Monoxide said:

Man it’s crazy to me that a lot of people don’t like Koetter being back. This is a late Christmas present to me. I loved that 2012 offense and Koetter understands Matt Ryan’s game.

What an awesome move that sets us up for an exciting 2019. The Birds are back in town.

And now it’s time to rewatch that 2012 season

Falconsfan567 likes this

2 minutes ago, stizz said:

What I do think will happen is a lot of scrubs coming back. Stocker at TE, maybe Quizz, maybe Martino at WR. I do want new personnel.

That won't happen. 

3 minutes ago, shock said:

So Knapp is officially still around as QB coach then? Man we have a lot of former HCs on the team for our offense now. No more excuses. 

At least one of them will probably manage game clock and other HC duties while DQ calls the Defense. 

Falconcheff and CrimsonFalcon like this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Let me cry for a few days, ROH. Not happy with this hire, but I’ll have to Get over it. 

Koetter was my 3rd choice but I get the hire. especially since Koetter is open to adjusting his concepts to suit the QB. he did it before by incorporating some of Mularkey's scheme that Matt was comfortble with and I'm pretty sure he will keep some of the WCO principles Matt likes. my thing is, if he can get the type of production he got from Winston & Fitzpatrick here we're already dangerous because Matt ain't the turnover machine those guys were