spanish_falcon

Koetter signed

258 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, runshoot said:

BTW nice doding the numbers in front of you the whole time. You cherry picked stats and cried "ignore button" when someone put up stats to counter yours. Real mature brah.

You didnt asnwer me like I knew you wouldn't. Did Dirk Koetter leave a teams rushing attack better than he found it?

Ask yourself this first. Who is the one being immature?

Falconsfan567 likes this

25 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I forgot about that. My recollection is the Bucs were in the wrong. But Payton is a jackass so......

Tempers flared over with the coaches after Lattimore got into it w/ Winston.  then Evans came over into the fray.  

JDaveG likes this

4 hours ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

We have 3 previous Offensive Coordinators back on the team

It was very evident that we didn't run the ball enough to keep the Opposing teams out of backfield ,, We have to get a consistent running game.. that will open up the field for Ryan... Hopefully they will run the big dog,, Hill next year... If he can run like he did in that last game.. We will get a lot of open WRs.. for Matt .. Hoping we draft another big back to groom for the team this draft also... A lot of good big backs will be there. we need a diamond in the rough ... I will have one in my finial Mock,,you can count on that .... 

27 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Ya reckon that's why they fired him??  Personnally,, I've never see Ryan struggle so hard to get anything done this year.. Just not as smooth as it used to be. Plus ,, we didn't run the ball enough.. That's why I'm hoping we draft a major big Back with talent. I think Hill will contribute next season also.. 

We could have had Jesus calling the plays and still not been able to run the ball. Can't do that when the OL is in shambles and your best running back is hurt the entire season and not playing. Ryan struggle? 70% completion percentage until the last few games brought it down with the 2nd most TD passes and yards of his career and the fewest interceptions. If that's struggle then I hope Ryan struggles like that for the next 6 years because the Falcons will win multiple Super Bowl titles with that kind of struggle at the QB position.

The only reason Sark was fired was because Dan Quinn needed a scapegoat and he axed Sark, Manuel and Armstrong to save himself. Dan Quinn placed all the blame for the teams issues on his coordinators instead of failing on the sword himself. That's the difference between Dan Quinn and Mark Richt. Richt fell on his own sword but Quinn threw his coordinators under the bus to save his own skin.

WE need a couple of DTs, a DE, And two OL,, plus we need to get at least 2 Veteran OL..  in this coming off  season.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

We could have had Jesus calling the plays and still not been able to run the ball. Can't do that when the OL is in shambles and your best running back is hurt the entire season and not playing. Ryan struggle? 70% completion percentage until the last few games brought it down with the 2nd most TD passes and yards of his career and the fewest interceptions. If that's struggle then I hope Ryan struggles like that for the next 6 years because the Falcons will win multiple Super Bowl titles with tI hat kind of struggle at the QB position.

The only reason Sark was fired was because Dan Quinn needed a scapegoat and he axed Sark, Manuel and Armstrong to save himself. Dan Quinn placed all the blame for the teams issues on his coordinators instead of failing on the sword himself. That's the difference between Dan Quinn and Mark Richt. Richt fell on his own sword but Quinn threw his coordinators under the bus to save his own skin.

I don''t believe that at all,, if I thought that like you do,, I wouldn't even be a Fan of this team.. I think Blank is one of the best owners in the league, and we will get a Trophy in the next 4 years is my guess. And we will win at least twice as many games next year since we got rid of our main problem ,, Not to mention any names, his initials are Sark ....Plus I believe we'll make the playoffs next year also... As long as Ryan stays healthy,, that is pretty well a must.. Good night ,, happy to have a new OC,

quickzero and Falcons Fan MVP like this

4 hours ago, runshoot said:

What dont you understand? He took a good rushing team and made it worse EACH YEAR.

What did He do in ATL? He took a good rushing team and made it worse.

2011 Pre-Koetter rushing was 17th.
2012 29th
2013 32nd
2014 24th

Do you see a pattern over the last 8 years? Go head and hold on to your Jacksonville dream. The last  EIGHT years of proof are staring you in the face.

You don't know what your talking about.  The Falcons had one of the worst NFL Olines in '12, '13 and '14 and no running back.  Turner was fat and washed up in '12 then we had a broke Steven Jackson in '13 and '14.

Falconsfan567 and Ergo Proxy like this

5 hours ago, Sven said:

Jeez, we're getting the whole band back together, eh? What's next, Mike Smith for defensive assistant, too? :lol:

Maybe Quizzz Rodgers will come back. Lol

Realsurfin likes this

5-11 the Buc's ended the season is nothing to brag about.  That is the recent history.  Not the old stats folks are bringing up.  I am not feeling all warm and fuzzy on the signings.  I am not seeing a great coach.  DQ rushed it. 

I will write off this year to injuries early in the season.  But me thinks they rushed the contracts.

Just sayin'

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

42 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I don''t believe that at all,, if I thought that like you do,, I wouldn't even be a Fan of this team.. I think Blank is one of the best owners in the league, and we will get a Trophy in the next 4 years is my guess. And we will win at least twice as many games next year since we got rid of our main problem ,, Not to mention any names, his initials are Sark ....Plus I believe we'll make the playoffs next year also... As long as Ryan stays healthy,, that is pretty well a must.. Good night ,, happy to have a new OC,

The message I got by firing all 3 coordinators is we want a championship. Quinn could have played it safe and kept all 3 coordinators and made the playoffs in 2019 most likely but he took a risk. Blank said publicly it's up to TD and DQ who got fired.

Just now, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I love that run vs Seattle in the playoffs though. :)

He had a couple of nice runs, that is true.  But I think 90% of the yards he gained were because he was what 5'7" and 180 pounds.  No one could see him.  Remember that kick return he had where he got run down by a back up CB on the kick-off coverage team.  He had nothing but green and a 5 yard head start and still couldn't score.  I'm going to have to look for that return on youtube.  Dude was short, light and slow.  No idea why we drafted him.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

2 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

5-11 the Buc's ended the season is nothing to brag about.  That is the recent history.  Not the old stats folks are bringing up.  I am not feeling all warm and fuzzy on the signings.  I am not seeing a great coach.  DQ rushed it. 

I will write off this year to injuries early in the season.  But me thinks they rushed the contracts.

Just sayin'

I thought they had a master plan when they fired all 3 coordinators. I thought they had a big name lined up. Koetter is okay. I'm more worried about our o line personally. Plus I thought we were supposed to interview playoffs coordinators. 

2 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I thought they had a master plan when they fired all 3 coordinators. I thought they had a big name lined up. Koetter is okay. I'm more worried about our o line personally. Plus I thought we were supposed to interview playoffs coordinators. 

Its Falcon logic.  Swoop in, poop all over the place and hire folks you can blame for your short comings.  Fly away.  We should have given Shanny the HC position.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

We could have had Jesus calling the plays and still not been able to run the ball. Can't do that when the OL is in shambles and your best running back is hurt the entire season and not playing. Ryan struggle? 70% completion percentage until the last few games brought it down with the 2nd most TD passes and yards of his career and the fewest interceptions. If that's struggle then I hope Ryan struggles like that for the next 6 years because the Falcons will win multiple Super Bowl titles with that kind of struggle at the QB position.

I'm not a fan of the toss sweep. I say send them up the middle. Only a back of swift speed and skill can pass through the eye of our crappy line.

Posted (edited)

YES! KOETTER AND MULARKEY ARE LEADING US TO THE SUPER BOWL

From your lips to gods ears.

Edited by Realsurfin
Missed the quote...darn phone.

Antoine Smith HB #35 exploded under Koetter up until Smith got hurt so I think the offense will be in great shape this coming season. Gotta love the process guys; Super Bowl here we come.

DMT11 likes this

5 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

YES! KOETTER AND MULARKEY ARE LEADING US TO THE SUPER BOWL

From your lips to gods ears.

IT'S OKAY I STILL SEE YOU

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

Lol!!!! Whatever dude. You're so full of it and I'm one of the ones that supports the Koetter hiring. But I'm not gonna trash Sark to do it. I normally like you but you're dead wrong here. Sark was fine.

Also, I have no idea why you mentioned Blank because I've got no problems with him. But whatever. This is just a waste of time. Sark haters unite!!

2 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

Just sayin'

Being an HC is very different than being an OC/DC.

There are plenty of good or even great OCs/DCs that have failed at being HCs.

Falconsfan567 and raysnill1 like this

10 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Josh McDaniels is a perfect example, the man even drafted Tim Tebow in the first round

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

21 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Norv Turner immediately comes to mind because he's been given multiple HC jobs and failed but he's a **** good OC. He even adapted his system to fit Cam Newton.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

16 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

Josh McDaniels is a perfect example, the man even drafted Tim Tebow in the first round

Yep

Just like how Rex Ryan is a really good defensive mind. Rex with an HC job gives him too much spotlight for him to run his mouth and become a distraction to himself and his team. If he can just focus on defensive x's and o's, was one of the better DCs.