slickgadawg

Imagine Trevor Lawrence with the Falcons receivers...

76 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

We have a top 5 QB, having another one riding the bench wouldn't help us or the cap.

Matt Ryan is too good to be riding any bench..

3 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." 

Did you read that in your fortune cookie last night?

Every risk must be right just because it’s courageous!

And dumb or stupid, maybe those are possible too, but it’s COURAGE!

Then later when the next elite QB doesn’t carry a lifeless defense and arrogant coach through their mistakes at the most critical of moments?

Man, Imagine having this “insert national college championship game” QB...

2 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Matt Ryan is too good to be riding any bench..

If Lawrence is a top 5 QB, so is he. You see the mathematical issue here.

8 minutes ago, Stryka said:

This is still the dude who almost lost to Cuse.  He has fragilities but its very easy to play confidently when you are throwing to WRs who are simply better than their defenders.  His accuracy is something to marvel at though.  It was pinpoint precise.  His demeanor was also(so was Tua last year).  Lets see if he cant be rattled.  Definitley wont be by any those bums in the Atlantic Cupcake Conference.

Apparently it also won't be the very best the Self Extolling Conference has to offer.......

Just now, Lornoth said:

If Lawrence is a top 5 QB, so is he. You see the mathematical issue here.

Very easy solution to that problem :ninja:

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Did you read that in your fortune cookie last night?

Every risk must be right just because it’s courageous!

And dumb or stupid but it’s COURAGE!

Then later when the next elite QB doesn’t carry a lifeless defense and arrogant coach through their mistakes at the most critical of moments?

Man, Imagine having this “insert national college championship game” QB...

Lol ergo chill I'm just pulling your leg

Ergo Proxy likes this

18 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I think whenever Trevor Lawrence declares he'll be the #1 overall pick. He's in the Elway, Manning & Luck category as a qb prospect. 

I doubt we'll be in position to draft him in 2 years time. If we do, I'd insist he cuts his hair. :D

He looks like a hanson brother.

Smiler11 and Ergo Proxy like this

3 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Very easy solution to that problem :ninja:

A Rookie contract doesn't help much if we're on the hook for 60 mill because we cut Ryan. hahah

He's a special talent and if you asked me which QB in college right now will end up the best in the NFL, I'd put my money on him. Still there are no guarantees and I very much doubt the stars align for the Falcons to take him.

Matt Ryan is a top 5 NFL QB in my book and I think he'll continue to perform at a high level for 4-5 more years. Being realistic, Matt Ryan's replacement is probably still in highschool.

Ergo Proxy likes this

3 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Image result for cat covering mouth gif

Matt Ryan haters: "Matt Ryan may have hall of fame numbers but I don't get a fuzzy feeling in my crotch when he throws a deep ball or runs the ball, so the only logical thing to do is we should trade him draft an unproven rookie QB and take our chances that he can put up a hall of fame career similar to Ryan's but with a boner inducing deep ball"

Falconsin2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Imagine this..... Matt Ryan produced 39 freaking TDs this year

...but did he win the game last night?

I THOUGHT NOT!!:lol:

Just now, JDaveG said:

Apparently it also won't be the very best the Self Extolling Conference has to offer.......

ACC is still trash as a conference.  Never been more than a 2 man league. Clemson is not invincible either just like it was proved Bama wasn't last night.  Nobody thought Ohio St could beat them either, Zeke ran them over then.  Clemson isn't about to rip off 3 in a row.  They look great but it was a perfect storm last night from the Tua turnovers to ridiculous plays by Ross and the poor 4th down calls for Bama.

Falconsin2012 likes this

1 minute ago, Stryka said:

ACC is still trash as a conference.  Never been more than a 2 man league. Clemson is not invincible either just like it was proved Bama wasn't last night.  Nobody thought Ohio St could beat them either, Zeke ran them over then.  Clemson isn't about to rip off 3 in a row.  They look great but it was a perfect storm last night from the Tua turnovers to ridiculous plays by Ross and the poor 4th down calls for Bama.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is 0 yards.

And talking **** about the conference whose team just handed your conference's best team their *** on a platter is weak.

Jpg428gggg and Sidecar Falcon like this

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Lol ergo chill I'm just pulling your leg

Sorry dude the trolls have my typing fingers happy.:tiphat:

It was a slaughter last night. Not pretty. Swiped left and right to avoid it, but the troll was too great to leave!:lol:

Edited by Ergo Proxy

I know, the SEC has other teams that are good.

Like Georgia.  Surely no inferior conference team could beat them.......

Jpg428gggg likes this

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Sorry dude the trolls have my trigger finger happy.:tiphat:

It was a slaughter last night. Not pretty.

Yeah I feel you man. Lets just hope he doesn't end up in the NFC South because unless something crazy happens this may not be Ryans last contract with the Falcons the way he is playing.

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I know, the SEC has other teams that are good.

Like Georgia.  Surely no inferior conference team could beat them.......

Lol....its 1 team.  1 Team doesn't make your conference better.  Its like when Kentucky Bball had 6 NBA lottery picks but that doesn't make the SEC a better bball conf than the ACC is.  If you are Clemson fan you deserve to be riding high and feeling good.  However, lets not get besides ourselves. 

6 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Lol....its 1 team.  1 Team doesn't make your conference better.  Its like when Kentucky Bball had 6 NBA lottery picks but that doesn't make the SEC a better bball conf than the ACC is.  If you are Clemson fan you deserve to be riding high and feeling good.  However, lets not get besides ourselves. 

ACC was 6-5 in bowl games.

SEC was 6-6.

In head-to-head bowl matchups, the ACC won 2/3 (Virginia over South Carolina and Clemson over Alabama), and the SEC won 1/3 (A&M versus NC State).  

I grant the SEC is better.  I don't think anyone really argues that.  But calling the ACC a trash conference when Clemson just battered Alabama and the ACC won 2/3 of the head-to-head bowl matchups is a bad look.  

50 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

He's diced up the best of the best in college as a freshmen. By 2021 with the potential he has the big strong "MEN" in the league will be looking like JAGS. :lol:

Most of the best in college will never suit up as Pros. Most ACC DBs will be wannabes.  People totally under appreciate the step up in strength, speed and power at the pro level. People like to name all the Alabama players who make it as a pro. It is a short list compared to the Alabama players who do not. 

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

Can you imagine that?  When the Falcons traded their draft to move up and take Julio Jones that move has been proven to have paid off. I would do the same for Lawrence if they are not in draft position to do so.  To me, RIGHT NOW,  the two best quarterbacks in football , college and pro, are Patrick Mahomes and Trevor Lawrence.  Lawrence will play two more years and that will be right about the time the Falcons need to draft Ryan's replacement. 

The Falcons still have undoubtedly the best receiving corps in the game.  Imagine Lawrence with his big arm and pocket presence throwing to them?  He showed he can play against a NFL caliber defensive line and secondary (  The whole Bama defense basically gonna get drafted). He can move outside the pocket and extend plays if he has to.  He has the whole package that you want.  Like Mahomes he is a mixture of some the most physically talented quarterbacks before him.   Man if he could become a Falcon that would be fabulous...

Moving outside the pocket ala Elway ,Vick or Mahomes and throwing a dart across his body:

Related image

Keeping the defense honest with a read option:

Related image

Escaping the blitz and extending the play ala Mahomes, Vick, Elway, Rodgers, Young:

TnMDPL.gif?resize=572%2C321&ssl=1

Putting it into a tight window with Authority ala Vick, Favre, Elway:

Image result for trevor lawrence gif

Effortless deep ball ala Vick, Elway, George, Mahomes, Doug Williams, Favre, Fouts, Moon, Bartkowski, Cunningham, etc:

Related image

Funny you keep adding Vick in with all of the other Hall of Fame Player Comparisons. Lol

50 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

We have a top 5 QB, having another one riding the bench wouldn't help us or the cap.

Sure helped the packers with Rodgers sitting and learning from Favre. Whoever comes behind Matt HAS to be a dawg qb and should sit behind him at LEAST a year or two. Mahomes sat a year and here we are. I don’t want us to be a  Franchise that has a significant drop because we waited too late to draft Matt’s eventual replacement once he hangs it up. I’d rather have a Trevor lawrence sit behind Matt for 5 years learning then draft a guy the year Matt retires. Drafting your qb is always the way to go. Don’t want someone else’s leftovers. Young pup is ALWAYS the way to go.