slickgadawg

Imagine Trevor Lawrence with the Falcons receivers...

76 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Can you imagine that?  When the Falcons traded their draft to move up and take Julio Jones that move has been proven to have paid off. I would do the same for Lawrence if they are not in draft position to do so.  To me, RIGHT NOW,  the two best quarterbacks in football , college and pro, are Patrick Mahomes and Trevor Lawrence.  Lawrence will play two more years and that will be right about the time the Falcons need to draft Ryan's replacement. 

The Falcons still have undoubtedly the best receiving corps in the game.  Imagine Lawrence with his big arm and pocket presence throwing to them?  He showed he can play against a NFL caliber defensive line and secondary (  The whole Bama defense basically gonna get drafted). He can move outside the pocket and extend plays if he has to.  He has the whole package that you want.  Like Mahomes he is a mixture of some the most physically talented quarterbacks before him.   Man if he could become a Falcon that would be fabulous...

Moving outside the pocket ala Elway ,Vick or Mahomes and throwing a dart across his body:

Related image

Keeping the defense honest with a read option:

Related image

Escaping the blitz and extending the play ala Mahomes, Vick, Elway, Rodgers, Young:

TnMDPL.gif?resize=572%2C321&ssl=1

Putting it into a tight window with Authority ala Vick, Favre, Elway:

Image result for trevor lawrence gif

Effortless deep ball ala Vick, Elway, George, Mahomes, Doug Williams, Favre, Fouts, Moon, Bartkowski, Cunningham, etc:

Related image

Edited by slickgadawg

Don’t get me wrong here but it’s far to early to be anointing this kid.

Sure he was great last night and his curve is trending up BUT we are talking playing against grown men here bigger stronger faster smaller windows to throw into.

Better coaches looking at him and breaking him down.

Ill wait a few years and then relook.For me right now he looks good but has a long way to go.I hope he stays in school gets his degree to make him a more rounded person before he becomes a pro.

Emmitt, slickgadawg, JDaveG and 1 other like this

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Don’t get me wrong here but it’s far to early to be anointing this kid.

Sure he was great last night and his curve is trending up BUT we are talking playing against grown men here bigger stronger faster smaller windows to throw into.

Better coaches looking at him and breaking him down.

Ill wait a few years and then relook.For me right now he looks good but has a long way to go.I hope he stays in school gets his degree to make him a more rounded person before he becomes a pro.

He's 19 and has no dead set flaws. He stepped up in the pocket against Bama and dropped dimes like a BOSS.

I'm not down on the kid.  He's performed extremely well every time I've seen him.  He's a good kid, and he seems to be humble despite his achievements.  I'm a fan.

I'm just saying, success in college doesn't always equate to success in the pros.  He seems to have all the tools.  He also seems to have the evasive "it."  But let's give him a couple of years and see how he does before we crown him.

3 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

He's 19 and has no dead set flaws. He stepped up in the pocket against Bama and dropped dimes like a BOSS.

Yep but that’s against boys it would be different against MEN who are bigger stronger and faster.Potentials there he just needs more time.If he went this year I think he’d get eaten.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Yep but that’s against boys it would be different against MEN who are bigger stronger and faster.Potentials there he just needs more time.If he went this year I think he’d get eaten.

He's diced up the best of the best in college as a freshmen. By 2021 with the potential he has the big strong "MEN" in the league will be looking like JAGS. :lol:

Flying Falcon likes this

Just now, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

He's diced up the best of the best in college as a freshmen. By 2021 with the potential he has the big strong "MEN" in the league will be looking like JAGS. :lol:

We’ll see also alot can happen between now and then injuries and what not.A dip in form a bad year lots of variables.Just got a wait and see how he progresses.

This is still the dude who almost lost to Cuse.  He has fragilities but its very easy to play confidently when you are throwing to WRs who are simply better than their defenders.  His accuracy is something to marvel at though.  It was pinpoint precise.  His demeanor was also(so was Tua last year).  Lets see if he cant be rattled.  Definitley wont be by any those bums in the Atlantic Cupcake Conference.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

We’ll see also alot can happen between now and then injuries and what not.A dip in form a bad year lots of variables.Just got a wait and see how he progresses.

Yeah I know I'm just half kidding lol. :ninja:

kiwifalcon likes this

Just now, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Imagine a top 5 Qb on a rookie contract ^_^.

Risk vs knowledge.

Imagine the Falcons without Ryan this year:

0 wins

9 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I think whenever Trevor Lawrence declares he'll be the #1 overall pick. He's in the Elway, Manning & Luck category as a qb prospect. 

I doubt we'll be in position to draft him in 2 years time. If we do, I'd insist he cuts his hair. :D

No his hair is what gives him powers. But yeah we're not going to be in any position to get this kid smh

Flying Falcon likes this

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Risk vs knowledge.

Imagine the Falcons without Ryan this year:

0 wins

"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." 

14 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I think whenever Trevor Lawrence declares he'll be the #1 overall pick. He's in the Elway, Manning & Luck category as a qb prospect. 

I doubt we'll be in position to draft him in 2 years time. If we do, I'd insist he cuts his hair. :D

Lawrence reminds me of the Hansans.  Everytime he fumbles, I think, "MMM Drop!" 

Smiler11 likes this