Draftnut57

1. DT Dexter Lawrence , Clemson, 6-4, 340

2. OT/OG Martez Ivey , Fla. , 6-5, 315

3. OG Conner McGovern , Penn St. 6-5, 326

4. DE Austin Bryant, Clemson , 6-4, 265

5. S Reggie Floyd, 6-1, 221

6, CB Alijah Holder, Stanford , 6-2, 175

7. RB\FB Zack Moss, Utah, 6-1, 215

This draft is with no trade downs or trade ups... They were all rated just below our picks,,, In order to make this a realistic Mock.. The problem is most likely some will move up and some will move down as the data is collected until the Draft.. Some players fall drastically just before the draft starts when Info is collected...  But this is correct as of Today ....

There is a small chance we will have to move up a few spots to get Lawrence .  But as of now,, he is ranked as available ... when we pick,, But as we all know... Those great players will move up draft boards till the draft.. But I believe in going after those top need players and getting the best we can get... He would be worth an extra pick to move up if we have to.  Just think of the impact he would have on our team. Yes,, there are those few players that can make you whole D# better and those O# players that can make your whole O# better like a Julio Jones...

1 minute ago, BlazerSlayer said:

I like the fact you've hit the O and D lines hard. So hard to predict of course but I'd be ok with this happening in a few months.

Thanks,, but I'm pretty sure I can do  better on the 3-7 picks,, But for the earliest mock I've ever made,, it's ok,, but I do love the first two picks. and may leave those there.

9 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

The Falcons wont be the ones to bite the bullet on Lawrence imo.

It's like when I wanted JJ so bad and knew we should get him,, or any other once in every 5 drafts you may see a player that will improve you team more than any other player.. those are the players we should go after... middle of the road talent can be gotten easily,, it's those top player that will make our team hard to beat. Those are the players I want. .not just your norm. Average players can be gotten easily ,, and everybody has average players,, It's those outstanding players that make a team unbeatable.. If you will notice..  Clemson had more talent than Ala.. did... thus ... Champs.. This is also true with Pro teams. I'd rather get 2 or 3 players that will change our team and put us at the next level ,, than to draft 15 players that are average.

1 minute ago, Draftnut57 said:

It's like when I wanted JJ so bad and knew we should get him,, or any other once in every 5 drafts you may see a player that will improve you team more than any other player.. those are the players we should go after... middle of the road talent can be gotten easily,, it's those top player that will make our team hard to beat. Those are the players I want. .not just your norm. Average players can be gotten easily ,, and everybody has average players,, It's those outstanding players that make a team unbeatable.. If you will notice..  Clemson had more talent than Ala.. did... thus ... Champs.. This is also true with Pro teams. I'd rather get 2 or 3 players that will change our team and put us at the next level ,, than to draft 15 players that are average.

OK but Lawrence didn't even play in the game. I think he's a good player, but not JJ Watt comparison worthy at all. I think Lawrence is overrated is it were. If we're selecting freaks of nature with no production at all, I'd rather go with Gary.

1 hour ago, Falcanuck said:

OK but Lawrence didn't even play in the game. I think he's a good player, but not JJ Watt comparison worthy at all. I think Lawrence is overrated is it were. If we're selecting freaks of nature with no production at all, I'd rather go with Gary.

Clemson's DL looked really good without Lawrence.  I'll kick the tires a bit longer before I support Lawrence at #14.  

Still, I like the LOS draft philosophy 

6 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Clemson's DL looked really good without Lawrence.  I'll kick the tires a bit longer before I support Lawrence at #14.  

Still, I like the LOS draft philosophy 

1 hour ago, Artys Arryn said:

Was the first pick supposed to be Christian Wilkins? Cause the first pick should totally be Christian Wilkins. 

You may be right,, the player I was taking about did play,, so I got the wrong name there... Sorry about that.. I'm working here and trying to do to many things. I should have known I should not have tried to make a draft this early... Who was the Clemson player who beasted out last night? and will be in the draft.?

25 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Who was the Clemson player who beasted out last night? and will be in the draft.?

The player you're probably thinking of is Christian Wilkins at DT. Him and Clelin Ferrell at DE played well, I thought. 

I'd love to take a DT or Edge Rusher at 14 and then package our 2nd and 4th to get back into the late 1st and grab the other.  Use our 3rd to go after the BPA (OL), 4th round (comp pick) i'm thinking LB/DB.  After that i'm up for BPA. 

I love Jachai Polite, R Davis, Wilkins, Lawerence...Whatever we do take time to get the LINES RIGHT!!!

Edited by KCFalcon22
typo

4 hours ago, KCFalcon22 said:

I'd love to take a DT or Edge Rusher at 14 and then package our 2nd and 4th to get back into the late 1st and grab the other.  Use our 3rd to go after the BPA (OL), 4th round (comp pick) i'm thinking LB/DB.  After that i'm up for BPA. 

I love Jachai Polite, R Davis, Wilkins, Lawerence...Whatever we do take time to get the LINES RIGHT!!!

I agree with getting the best players available,, but I think we can do that without trading up... Now if we have to trade up to get the best player,, then I'm all for it... but there are a lot of great players..I think that if we do have to trade up to get a certain player, I think we will only have to trade up maybe once,,or at the most twice.., It's not good to trade up if there is any way possible not to.. But if it means getting that top player at the DT or DE we draft.. then I'd do that if I were in charge. being we have the two comp picks makes this doable ... 

8 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

I was talking about when I was hoping so bad that we would get Julio Jones,, then we got him.. I've never jumped up and down more on any other draft pick.. I wasn't talking about JJ Watt.. even thou I did want him really really bad also in his draft.

Christian Wilkins and then a pair of offensive linmen would be a fantastic draft. We have the draft ammunition to trade up if we need to, as TD loves to do. I like McGovern as a guard who could bring some of that "nasty" DQ wants.

In free agency, I want us to move on from Beasley and go all in for Demarcus Lawrence if the Cowboys don't re-sign/tag him. If they do, Trey Flowers would make a really nice consolation prize.