Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
falcons007

Falcons deny agreement with Dirk Koetter

58 posts in this topic

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/breaking-falcons-offer-dirk-koetter-offensive-coordinator-position/BkpMtk9NL0jkhirR7u7kUL

Late Monday, a high-ranking team official when asked to confirm would say only there is no agreement at this time.

i wonder if DLed jumped the gun again. It may very well be team denying till DK agrees. But Dled has pretty spotty record like he did with Rex Ryan, Gurley and Brent Grimes breaking news.

DLed should be fired for something this egregious honestly. Quite possibly the worst reporting he's ever done if Koetter isn't hired and a serious breech of privacy for Koetter to have some bumbling idiot make stuff up about him.

Sidecar Falcon likes this

likely Dirk wants to see how the playoff teams coaching staffs shakeout, could be other OC jobs out there or even head coach offer,

29 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Of course there's no agreement, or he would have been officially announced.

Doesn't mean he wasn't offered.

37 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

I don’t think Falcons would come out and say no we didn’t offer DK . They wouldn’t want to piss off a guy still in consideration, even if they never offered him as reported. It’s dumb reporting by DLed putting Falcons in tough spot. 

42 minutes ago, dmite said:

Turrible.  They probably told him, “we have offered Dirk Koetter an interview for the OC position.”

he heard, “we have offered Dirk Koetter the OC position.”  And he ran off to post it with glee!

I can totally see this, probably that explains why no one else is reporting. 

Between his misinformed interviews accompanied by a maddening voice that does him no favors, refuses-to-proofread articles, poor taste in bow ties, and general incompetence as a beat writer and journalist, I can't for the life of me understand how AJC won't fire this guy and get someone else that will--I don't know--display a modicum of journalistic integrity, professionalism, and competency.

Truly mind-blowing...

15 minutes ago, rounz said:

At this point (and it's just a matter of pride), I just don't want us to end up looking desperate--like we have to settle.

I've seen this franchise do that too much.

Agreed...i want the very best..and like i said earlier today **** elway for blocking us talking to kubiak like seriously..

rounz and falcons007 like this

3 hours ago, falcons007 said:

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/breaking-falcons-offer-dirk-koetter-offensive-coordinator-position/BkpMtk9NL0jkhirR7u7kUL

Late Monday, a high-ranking team official when asked to confirm would say only there is no agreement at this time.

i wonder if DLed jumped the gun again. It may very well be team denying till DK agrees. But Dled has pretty spotty record like he did with Rex Ryan, Gurley and Brent Grimes breaking news.

The high ranking official did not say that an offer was not made.  He simply said that there is no agreement at this time.  A more concrete answer would have been:  no offers have been made, as of yet.  

I personally don't want Koetter, but this sounds like an offer was made and has not yet been finalized.  

Theyhateme : ) likes this

54 minutes ago, etherdome said:

The high ranking official did not say that an offer was not made.  He simply said that there is no agreement at this time.  A more concrete answer would have been:  no offers have been made, as of yet.  

I personally don't want Koetter, but this sounds like an offer was made and has not yet been finalized.  

Falcons aren’t gonna say no even if they didn’t offer. If Falcons are considering, they won’t shut the door publicly by saying DK. They will keep options open to make an offer later. D Led is a moron, that’s why no insider has come out and said anything about deal. 

2 hours ago, rounz said:

At this point (and it's just a matter of pride), I just don't want us to end up looking desperate--like we have to settle.

I've seen this franchise do that too much.

Falcons must be fuming, may be it’s time to fire the clown.

6 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Interesting, but it does zero to refute DLed's post. He is still a weak reporter, even if he gets lucky on this one. 

Vaughn McClure hasn't even mentioned anything remotely close to a DK offer from what I can see from his twitter. DLed is a dummy!

6 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

EXACTLY!!