falcons007

Are the falcons planning to run similar to what Dallas runs?

57 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

There is more than enough offensive talent on this team. Just need better guard play.

I would say may be different RB. DK utilized big guys as reviving options in Tampa and also when he was here in 2012. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

I would say may be different RB. DK utilized big guys as reviving options in Tampa and also when he was here in 2012. 

Freeman isn't going anywhere. They might go pick someone else up but free and Ito will be here next year. 

4 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Freeman isn't going anywhere. They might go pick someone else up but free and Ito will be here next year. 

I never said Freeman is going somewhere. I would like to see a power runner on some of the inside zone plays.

I never said Freeman is going somewhere. I would like to see a power runner on some of the inside zone plays.

Freeman is a power runner. He runs with more power than guys bigger than him.

NeonDeion and TheRisen999 like this

Just now, Jesus said:

Freeman is a power runner. He runs with more power than guys bigger than him.

Not really an inside zone guy. Dallas lucked out on elliott, he can do it all.

You can probably teach and blend many styles of passing attack if done right.

We have 4 years of WCO and Knapp around.

Meanwhile, Koetter. 

Could keep us more flexible game to game and less predictable for teams to gameplan for.

hashmark61, JDaveG and falcons007 like this

Not really an inside zone guy. Dallas lucked out on elliott, he can do it all.

Quinn wants more running game. It will be surprising to see of Koetter follows through. 

Ergo Proxy and falcons007 like this

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Meanwhile, Koetter. 

Could keep us more flexible game to game and less predictable for teams to gameplan for.

That's what Sark couldn't do.

Ergo Proxy and falcons007 like this

Just now, Jesus said:

Quinn wants more running game. It will be surprising to see of Koetter follows through. 

Which is why I think a Power RB would help. Healthy Freeman will be key though. 

Jesus likes this

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Meanwhile, Koetter. 

DK In 2012 kept most of MM plays and added his concepts. He did what ever he could with Aging Michael Turner and Quizz. His system is timing based like WCO but it depends on every one doing their job. That’s what I hated when he was here. Hopefully he will keep it similar and add some tweaks. That is assuming he is coming here. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

That's what Sark couldn't do.

When gimped by an OL to boot. Get an OL worthy enough of the weapons we have and a D?

Sark clearly couldn’t overcome OL woes when vs tougher D. Can’t be feast or famine and that starts with LOS/run game. 

Mixing up what we do offensively will break some brains. If Free comes back strong? Boy...

falcons007 likes this

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

When gimped by an OL to boot. Get an OL worthy enough of the weapons we have and a D?

Sark clearly couldn’t overcome OL woes when vs tougher D. Can’t be feast or famine and that starts with LOS/run game. 

Mixing up what we do offensively will break some brains. If Free comes back strong? Boy...

That first drive against Baltimore when he worked dink and dunk to an FG worked. Then he abandoned it to throw deep against one of the better deep throw defenses the rest of the game. 

falcons007 and Ergo Proxy like this

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Sark’s problems weren’t just the OL woes. Falcons WR struggled mightily against man to man. The route tree need to be looked at too. 

Flying Falcon likes this

That first drive against Baltimore when he worked dink and dunk to an FG worked. Then he abandoned it to throw deep against one of the better deep throw defenses the rest of the game. 

His mind broke after our run game did. Got behind the curve and was overwhelmed for the moment.

Flying Falcon and falcons007 like this

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Yeah, that’s what scares me about DK. Hopefully he will have both horizontal stretch concepts of WCO and vertical concepts from AC system.

31 minutes ago, Jesus said:

That's what i didn't understand about Sark. He constantly went away from what was working. It was kinda just weird to see. Wasn't sure if he was out-guessing himself or just felt that he needed a greater challenge. Heck maybe he was always meant to be a scapegoat? Idk

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

There is more than enough offensive talent on this team. Just need better guard play.

And tackle play....the guard play was bad but Schraeder(sp) was just downright terrible 

bighurt and capologist like this

9 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

And tackle play....the guard play was bad but Schraeder(sp) was just downright terrible 

Thats really an overlooked detail I think. Imagine a world where Ty Sambraillo played better than Shraeder. THAT was the world we were living in and **** it was a nightmare.

10 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Meanwhile, Koetter. 

Really don’t want us scraping the WCO....Matt was made for that offense, Ergo.

if Koetter is true, this is a very confusing hire for me. 

JerseyNo11 and Ergo Proxy like this