Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dirtybird56

Dirk Koetter Reportedly Offered OC Position

33 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Just glad Sark is gone - no more empty back sets on 3rd and 1 smh!! 

Almost incomprehensible. 

Heres my take on this hire 

LESS IS MORE

Koetter will manage entire clock management as well....and we wont need to rely on 3rd guy or 4th guy as "Q.B coach" 

Koetter and Ryan can both pick it up with ease and this also, puts onus on Matt Ryan to make things happen.

Just now, mattyicefalcon said:

Koetter and Ryan can both pick it up with ease and this also, puts onus on Matt Ryan to make things happen.

Well that's one good thing about the hire. Matt knows his system. So shouldn't be any first year growing pains. 

mattyicefalcon likes this

3 minutes ago, fuego said:

Well that's one good thing about the hire. Matt knows his system. So shouldn't be any first year growing pains. 

Totally agree AND we get HUGE INTEL on Buccies! 

1 minute ago, etherdome said:

I am not really impressed with Koetter's scheme.  

Let's hope we upgrade the OL tremendously.  

Once we upgrade OL....Ryan & Koetter should light it up.

And now, Dan Quinn solely focus on DEFENSE.

3 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Once we upgrade OL....Ryan & Koetter should light it up.

And now, Dan Quinn solely focus on DEFENSE.

OK, sure

Heck yeah I'm excited. I like mularkey better, but I understand. 

Ryan's best years to me was then too. In 2012 when we faced the seahawks in the playoffs we barely won and had to put julio on defense to win. And the commentators mocked us with saying "falcons defense is so horrible that not a single seahawks reciever has grass stains on him". Furthermore when we went to play the niners.  We only had a defense because the fans were so loud that Kaepernick couldn't hear himself think. And then when everyone went to the bathroom and get beer in the second half, there wasn't much screaming. And sure enough that punk came back with ease to win the game...... would we have beaten the ravens, I think so. But i know koetter had a top ten offense majority of his time here.  And had to deal with a horrible horrible defense.  

Do I think he'll give a season like Shanahan second season.  I don't think so.  

Do I think he'll be able to run freenan correctly. I doubt it.  Because jacquizz Rodgers was a shifty guy, and he hasn't been used that great anytime under koetter, except as a backup...... freeman will see more pounding, and he isn't a hard hitter like Ingram and Turner type guys. So freeman will see drop passes and look great there. 

Hopper will continue to be better.  He'll be used in 3rd down situations like Gonzalez.  

And lastly our defense will thrive, because koetter loves to run out the clock.  

9 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Heres my take on this hire 

LESS IS MORE

Koetter will manage entire clock management as well....and we wont need to rely on 3rd guy or 4th guy as "Q.B coach" 

I look at it as Quinn picking someone Ryan is familiar with in hopes to save his job by minimize the growing pains of a new coordinator.

2 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I look at it as Quinn picking someone Ryan is familiar with in hopes to save his job by minimize the growing pains of a new coordinator.

Absolutely....and he should have never HIRED Sark to begin with after epic meltdown.

Koetter will definitely help Quinn do what hes does best.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

14 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Absolutely....and he should have never HIRED Sark to begin with after epic meltdown.

Sark will definitely help Quinn do what hes does best.

How so?

I have no trouble with the hire. He is familiar with ryan and the division opponents. My question is. Can he run a different scheme from the one he ran in tampa?

1 hour ago, fuego said:

I don't want Koetter's system back. That's going backwards.

papachaz likes this