Breaking: Falcons offer Dirk Koetter offensive coordinator position

jlrfalcon

2 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Koetter was predictable.  How many game threads featured our own fans calling Koetter's plays at the LOS?

Look, I will support, but the OL has to be revamped.  IF that happens, we have a shot.  Of course, if we revamped the OL under Sark, he would still be employed with us.   

Koetter was pretty good in 2012. He had some creative plays. In 2013 and 2014 with that OL, no OC is gonna call anything. My biggest beef is he is not WCO guy.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Koetter was predictable.  How many game threads featured our own fans calling Koetter's plays at the LOS?

Look, I will support, but the OL has to be revamped.  IF that happens, we have a shot.  Of course, if we revamped the OL under Sark, he would still be employed with us.   

Well if Quinn is only set on the LT and center.......

40 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

lol I dont get some of you guys. You hated the Bevel option, Kubes is blocked and won't come here, and Gase is not a real option the guy might be an HC and I have seen many posters say how he is too anal on his plays/wont change his ways. With Dirk you at least know what you have, the guy is solid and has HC experience, it is the perfect hire, to be honest outside of Kubes. He can manage the OC completely and do a good job while DQ takes care of the defense. Why the outrage? The guy put up points and Ice is even more skilled now than when Dirk was here last time. Lets calm down and let this man do his thing, I bet Ice had a big say on this, it will work out guys. Enjoy it

Nice post....some ppl will never be happy including me if Dirk stinks it up. I’ll take DK...prolly our best option 

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

We could do a lot worse. You guys wanted somebody with nfl experience and experience with the players on our team. He checks both boxes. 

Yup and he is someone that our guys left over from that time like.

Julio and Matt both have respect for him

I agree, not everyone is perfect but go back to 2012 and the offense executes like HD staying on his legs, if Roddy catches the 4th down ball, if Ryan sees Gonzalez, we basically going to the SB. The man did enough for us to win that game so to me yes he can be predictable at times but no one is perfect. The 2016 offense is not coming back but we can still have something great here. I fully agree with you on the Oline, if we can fix that mess then it will not matter who is calling the plays because we know that Ryan will slice and dice any defense if he has time, no questions. I am watching the title game right now and there are many great players here. I would draft the Alabama LT, Jonah Williams and put him in RT. Draft a DT 2nd round, and a guard in the 3rd. Then go BPA, in free agency spend capital on the lines as much as possible. Boom we basically there. 

8 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Zero. Because that is a message board myth that doesn’t really happen. 

Wanna prove it does?  Record it with you (or whoever) in a room with the TV on live in the background and give it a whirl. 

43 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

DLed has NEVER broke a story.  He doesn’t scoop the National guys and he doesn’t nail down his stories.  

While Koetter is probably leading candidate, I wouldn’t count on this  story

He broke the Rex Ryan Story, and the falcons moving up for Gurley.

11 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Also, “predictable” is message board speak for “some player missed an assignment but I didn’t see it so I’m blaming the coordinator.”  In other words, it’s the go to response here whenever a play doesn’t work. 

Yeah. With the worst OL he had to work in 2013 and 2014.

“This is no knock to anyone I’ve ever played for, but head coach-wise, Coach Koetter and Coach [Bob] Stoops are on the same level for me, guys that I’ve played for,” McCoy said. “Just for who they are and what they’ve been for me and just how they are as coaches. I love Coach Koetter.”

Dirk Koetter... Bring him Home :ninja:

7 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Okay, spitballing here, but what are the odds Koetter’s agent is the source of this story amd he’s just trying to squirrel more money out of Mindy?

Or the Falcons leaked to make clown out of Dled. I mean he did same with Rex Ryan, Brent Grimes, Gurley and others.