jlrfalcon

Breaking: Falcons offer Dirk Koetter offensive coordinator position

195 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

And maybe DeSean Jackson as 3rd WR? Let's make it happen DK! 

DK usually needs bigger receivers to be effective. He loved come back routes with Tampa’s big Receivers.  Jackson was odd man out on that offense. And Ridley is similar to him. We have Sanu, Julio and May be Hooper as third big target.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

51 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Lol!!! Nah, I’m seriously not upset. Happens. I’m way more upset about the Koetter signing

So we're trusting that d led broke a story that nobody else knows about?

JDaveG likes this

Just now, Knight of God said:

I hope it’s untrue. 

Gotta say i hope it sorta is if we can't get Kubiak.  Was quite a fan of the offense most the time he was here and i think Ryans gotten even better since then as a player.

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

Gotta say i hope it sorta is if we can't get Kubiak.  Was quite a fan of the offense most the time he was here and i think Ryans gotten even better since then as a player.

Yeah I won’t be watching it. Box score will be all I can do

Flying Falcon likes this

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Yeah I won’t be watching it. Box score will be all I can do

Sure you won't ;)  We all say that until it actually comes on and we start winning then who really gives a **** who is what or not at that point lol.

47 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Sure you won't ;)  We all say that until it actually comes on and we start winning then who really gives a **** who is what or not at that point lol.

No I will actually take a hard pass. I literally cannot watch DKs style of football. That last season I left the room and/or did something else the whole game. I even sat one day and called every play. I HATE his style of game.

35 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

No I will actually take a hard pass. I literally cannot watch DKs style of football. That last season I left the room and/or did something else the whole game. I even sat one day and called every play. I HATE his style of game.

So you hated the Falcons win all those games in 2012 and Ryan until that point in his career having the best season of his career?

Stryka likes this

11 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

So you hated the Falcons win all those games in 2012 and Ryan until that point in his career having the best season of his career?

Those were the years I could not stand to watch. The offense was very predictable and was just as much a reason for us going nowhere as the defense. So yes.

Flying Falcon likes this

46 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Not big on stats without the end result. I don’t care about big QB numbers...at all. You guys are free to love that type of thing, I hate fantasy football and said during the 2012 season the style of offense will break down and it did. 

Unfortunately, I have have to agree with KOG on this one.  Sure, I will support the team but Koetter's offense (in his first stint) was predictable and required an OL that held a pocket for a long time.  I do not think he is a creative OC, nor do I think he is prepared to make significant in-game adjustments to win games. 

I don't care about QB stats, nor FF stats.  I care about having an offense that scores often and keeps the ball away from the opposing team.  To me, that is winning football.  

I sincerely hope that this is another one of Ledbetter's poor journalistic reports.  

Here is a thread when Koetter was running our offense.

4015706-dirk-koetter-is-atrocious-scheme-is-a-terrible-match

Dirk Koetter's offense, in my memory, looked great between the 20's.  We seemed to bog down often in the red zone.  We had to score from the 35 yard line, or settle for a FG.  He relied too much on big plays and seemed to call a screen pass on every possession.  

Koetter does not scheme to players' strengths.  We will absolutely need a major overhaul of our OL.  

What is so special about an OC that absolutely needs a great OL?  Nearly every OC in the league can succeed with a great OL.......Sark included.

I really don't want to go back to Dirk Koetter's offense.  He does little to help the OL.  He is still acting like a college OC, in that he focusses on a single principle and fails to see how the professional game is constantly adapting.  He wants the big play, but does not usually have much of a run game.  

Matt Ryan and Julio Jones will rack up great FF points, but the offense will bog down in the red zone.    

If Dirk Koetter becomes our OC, there will be a lot of unhappy fans on these boards.  We will absolutely require a top-tier OL.........and what are the chances of that happening here?

Francis York Morgan likes this

3 hours ago, etherdome said:

Here is a thread when Koetter was running our offense.

4015706-dirk-koetter-is-atrocious-scheme-is-a-terrible-match

Dirk Koetter's offense, in my memory, looked great between the 20's.  We seemed to bog down often in the red zone.  We had to score from the 35 yard line, or settle for a FG.  He relied too much on big plays and seemed to call a screen pass on every possession.  

Koetter does not scheme to players' strengths.  We will absolutely need a major overhaul of our OL.  

What is so special about an OC that absolutely needs a great OL?  Nearly every OC in the league can succeed with a great OL.......Sark included.

Here’s a comment from that thread by someone who knows what he’s talking about. 

5 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Yeah, dude will pass 65-70% of the time just like he has nearly every season.

That said - the same guy bringing this "scoop" is also the guy who's been pushing Koetter since the season ended. The same guy who said we were trading up for Gurley. That we'd agreed to terms with Grimes. That Rex Ryan was our new HC.

Koetter being signed now would contradict everything the staff has said up to this point about waiting to interview certain coaches still in the playoffs, as well as keeping the same scheme. D-Led is full of horse piss until proven otherwise. You really think that for once he was the first to break some news? First to break wind maybe.

Knight of God likes this

7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Right. 8-0 to start season. Led San Fran by 17 points in NFCCG. That was Koetter's offense. I remember that season vividly. We were superbowl worthy that year. Missed opportunity

JDaveG likes this

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Bizarre since we want to keep with the outside ZBS

Quinn already said we will NOT change schemes, we will stay with Shanny's system with some minor.adjustments

Edited by HMFIC
TYPO
Stryka likes this

5 minutes ago, Stryka said:

Right. 8-0 to start season. Led San Fran by 17 points in NFCCG. That was Koetter's offense. I remember that season vividly. We were superbowl worthy that year. Missed opportunity

Defense was just garbage those years.  And it seemed to get worse as time wore on.

Koetter will be fine as OC.  The Bucs had a better offense than we did.

I wouldn't have fired Sark but what's done is done.  It's not like there's some magical savant out there ready to ride this horse to the SB.

We just need to get our injured guys back, patch up the trenches, and not do anything too complicated or new.  We need MR2 to know his reads and have time to go through them.  That's it!  Firing Sark made this more complicated but again what's done is done.