jlrfalcon

Breaking: Falcons offer Dirk Koetter offensive coordinator position

195 posts in this topic

Atlanta Falcons 
4 minutes ago
By D. Orlando Ledbetter, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Dirk Koetter has been offered the position of Falcons offensive coordinator, according to one person familiar with the situation. A high-ranking team official when asked to confirm would say only there is no agreement at this time.

Koetter, the former Tampa Bay head coach, interviewed with the Falcons on Saturday. He will replace Steve Sarkisian, who was one of three Falcons coordinators fired after a 7-9 season. Koetter previously served as offensive coordinator with the Falcons from 2012-14 and work with quarterback Matt Ryan.

Koetter was fired by Tampa Bay a day after losing to the Falcons in the regular-season finale. He was one of three known candidates to interview for the position, along with former Seattle offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and former Falcons offensive coordinator and Buffalo, Jacksonville and Tennessee head coach Mike Mularkey. 

“We're not having wholesale changes on how we play in terms of a system,” Falcons coach Dan Quinn said last week. “Not only is it important for the players and the staff, but also for Thomas (Dimitroff) and his staff as well in terms of the players that we're scouting for, to fit the system. I think adaptability is probably the top factor going in.”

Koetter would have to adapt parts of his schemes. 

MORE TO COME

DLed was pretty tight with the Mike Smith staff. He would probably be the one to break this before the Falcons wanted since he could get it from the other side.

Offers come with stipulations thatvhave to be agreed upon.

11 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Bizarre since we want to keep with the outside ZBS

The OL coach determines rub schheme which will stay ZBS

bossFALCON™ likes this

lol I dont get some of you guys. You hated the Bevel option, Kubes is blocked and won't come here, and Gase is not a real option the guy might be an HC and I have seen many posters say how he is too anal on his plays/wont change his ways. With Dirk you at least know what you have, the guy is solid and has HC experience, it is the perfect hire, to be honest outside of Kubes. He can manage the OC completely and do a good job while DQ takes care of the defense. Why the outrage? The guy put up points and Ice is even more skilled now than when Dirk was here last time. Lets calm down and let this man do his thing, I bet Ice had a big say on this, it will work out guys. Enjoy it

.I dont get why some of yall acting like Kotter is a bum... Dude is a good OC

i know he got on my nerves with them **** screens but he was a good OC here..

With Matt Ryanplaying  super sayian gawd Matt Ryan...... I think this is going to be a special offense

10 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

God I hope this isn’t real. Can’t fu@king stand this guy’s stupid @ss playcalling. Bubblescreen every other play. 

But everyone loved it when we did it with Kyle. I got so tired of seeing us use Gabriel for that same play.

falconsd56 likes this

1 minute ago, atljbo said:

.I dont get why some of yall acting like Kotter is a bum... Dude is a good OC

Koetter is meh. We better go all in on D and OL for the next 2-3 years. If we can get to the point were Ryan only has to manage games most of the time we'd be in good company.

3 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

lol I dont get some of you guys. You hated the Bevel option, Kubes is blocked and won't come here, and Gase is not a real option the guy might be an HC and I have seen many posters say how he is too anal on his plays/wont change his ways. With Dirk you at least know what you have, the guy is solid and has HC experience, it is the perfect hire, to be honest outside of Kubes. He can manage the OC completely and do a good job while DQ takes care of the defense. Why the outrage? The guy put up points and Ice is even more skilled now than when Dirk was here last time. Lets calm down and let this man do his thing, I bet Ice had a big say on this, it will work out guys. Enjoy it

I dont mind Dirk running Dirk's scheme

I do mind Dirk being forced to run Shanny's scheme.

Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

I cant find anything else on this, just the national media still bashing us for letting Lafluer go