Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Draftnut57

Need to watch the DL on both teams tonight..

124 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, A-TowN.- said:

Really like Christian Wilkins. Want to see him hold his gap more versus the run but his upside as a pass rusher is one of the best in this class. 

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

That's my biggest problem with him ..  To me he is plays pureeeee finesse... Dude is like 315 man and gets moved off tge line toooo easy

Yep he’s off the kiwifalcon draft prospect list top 15 nah brah.

Raekwon Davis can also kick rocks also he’s done nothing I don’t see any penetration from him no thanks.

Just now, A-TowN.- said:

Raekwon is a little overrated, but Quinnenis the truth. 

You want me to tell you why i dont think Rawkwon  is over rated.....

1. What he did last year/

2  Mannnnn  its hard to tell with bama.... is it the 2 gap scheme.... To me Da'Shawn Hand looked very very below average in bama scheme but he was doing what the scheme asked... In the NFL he looked like a different player to me ..... Reed for the Seahawks looks like a different animal.... Daron Payne had the athleticism but the scheme didnt let him show it (until his last 2 games of college)

But yea last year Raekwon was the hot guy..... I think he goes in the 2nd round but im interested to see what he does at the combine

vitaman likes this

10 minutes ago, atljbo said:

You want me to tell you why i dont think Rawkwon  is over rated.....

1. What he did last year/

2  Mannnnn  its hard to tell with bama.... is it the 2 gap scheme.... To me Da'Shawn Hand looked very very below average in bama scheme but he was doing what the scheme asked... In the NFL he looked like a different player to me ..... Reed for the Seahawks looks like a different animal.... Daron Payne had the athleticism but the scheme didnt let him show it (until his last 2 games of college)

But yea last year Raekwon was the hot guy..... I think he goes in the 2nd round but im interested to see what he does at the combine

I’m fine with him in the 2nd due to his upside, but I see a lot of places rank him as a first rounder. I just see so much inconsistency with his game. I think he has potential but he’s playing next to a stud. You’d think he’d be able to win his 1vs1 more often with his abilities as a pass rusher. 

I think you have a good point with the Bama DL pedigree in the pros. They usually stick in the NFL. Could be the system, but I’d like to see him actually consistently play like he did earlier in the year and last year. This year I feel like he’s regressed a little. Could be scheme though. They are very adamant on holding gaps. 

kiwifalcon likes this

19 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Yep he’s off the kiwifalcon draft prospect list top 15 nah brah.

Raekwon Davis can also kick rocks also he’s done nothing I don’t see any penetration from him no thanks.

Agreed. Neither are in my top 15 big board. One can penetrate but struggles to hold gaps. The other holds gaps, but his disruptive plays have taken a dip since the start of the season. 

Jbo has a good point though. Raekwon has monster tools and Bama DLs typically play well in pros. Top 15 is a bit rich for me like most places have him, but I’d take a chance day 2. 

kiwifalcon likes this

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

I've been thinking about this a lot lately ,,, Do you reallize how many games are won and lost because of the quality of  The FG kicker You have... If I were running a team.. I'd have the best kicker in the league..

Hate to Quote myself.. But I wanted to make another point I made last week on here..  An OC is IMO more important than anybody.. And a Great FG kicker is the most underrated person on the field... of how important he is by winning many games just because He is a great kicker.  I actually should say it like this,, A Great OC will have a Great FG kicker... because he knows what is evident..  and how important they are...

10 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

Agreed. Neither are in my top 15 big board. One can penetrate but struggles to hold gaps. The other holds gaps, but his disruptive plays have taken a dip since the start of the season. 

Jbo has a good point though. Raekwon has monster tools and Bama DLs typically play well in pros. Top 15 is a bit rich for me like most places have him, but I’d take a chance day 2. 

Potential we heard that from the Hageman years.

Somehow he just never seem to hit his potential,Davis could be different but from what I’m seeing in this game he’s giving me enough of a moment of pause to get excited about him as a pick.

Anyway like Wilkins forget picking him inside the top 15 not a chance.

8 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Wilkins just got blown off the line by a double team

Yeah that was bad. They miss Lawrence for real. 

VTCrunkler likes this

38 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

I went back and had a quick look at the OU Bama game and much the same Davis got taken care of one on one by both Ford & Samia.Same sought of stuff I’m seeing in today’s game.

Once he gets tied up he’s negated no penetration to me he looks just like a body out there.

He may have looked better last year but now teams no what he is they no how to negate him.

The only legit dlineman is Q.Williams all the rest look like yeah to me.Im not enthused by either Davis or Wilkins.

Trevor Lawrence is from Georgia? Woah didnt know that, the kid is amazing. I will root for Clemson just because of that :) Cartersville, GA, G

13 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I went back and had a quick look at the OU Bama game and much the same Davis got taken care of one on one by both Ford & Samia.Same sought of stuff I’m seeing in today’s game.

Once he gets tied up he’s negated no penetration to me he looks just like a body out there.

He may have looked better last year but now teams no what he is they no how to negate him.

The only legit dlineman is Q.Williams all the rest look like yeah to me.Im not enthused by either Davis or Wilkins.

Not either re: Wilkins 

I just watched him get destroyed twice in a row , bama oline is getting destroyed theu get penetration consistently

I've learned one thing tonight.. When ever Clelin Ferrel leaves school,, I sure would love for him to be our DE... Wow!