Since1990

Matt LaFluer new Head Coach in GB

101 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Lowndesfalc said:

I wonder if LaFleur was a somebody in the playoffs that Quinn was considering?

Nope. :)

I don’t believe we can hire another team’s OC for the same position.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
Lowndesfalc likes this

1 hour ago, R_The_Great said:

BUT BUT BUT Sark is Better than Lafluer.  Sark has JUST AS MUCH EXPERIENCE as Lafluer.  SAID THE SARK LOVERS and People who APPRECIATE MEDICORE TO TERRIBLE FOOTBALL TALENT

Sark being fired had more to do with it.  Sark shouldn't have been fired.

Again you sound jealous.  You do realize he got hired by one of the most successful franchises in NFL HISTORY in the Packers as a HEAD COACH.  HEAD COACH.  Not a Qb coach, not a WR coach, THE MAN. Unbelievable.

Yeah but, some guy on a message board says he is gonna flop. They should start looking for his replacement.

You guys cant handle the truth.  Facts are SARK Is out, Lafluer is the Head coach of the Green Bay Packers.  THOSE ARE FACTS.  If Sark was as much of a god as you guys say he is, he would still be here. If lafluer was as much of a chump as you guys say, he would still be a QB Coach.  

AGAIN PROVE THE FACTS WRONG

Sometimes two seperate facts don't correlate.

12 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

I bet Rodgers wins MVP next year

If he stays healthy he has a shot. 

BUT BUT BUT Sark is Better than Lafluer.  Sark has JUST AS MUCH EXPERIENCE as Lafluer.  SAID THE SARK LOVERS and People who APPRECIATE MEDICORE TO TERRIBLE FOOTBALL TALENT

Sark cannot compare to LaFleur because at least LaFleur gained some experience in the NFL before taking a coordinator position, but I still do not believe LaFleur is ready for HC. This generation is so quick to want to move up instead of appreciating the process and taking the time and having the patience to get there. If I am LaFleur, I would have waited several more years before even considering a HC position. Heck, I even think Shanahan jumped the gun. . . . microwave, instant gratification generation. 

2 minutes ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

To be fair, any year Rodgers stays healthy, he has a shot.

Agreed. All things equal Rodgers is a better QB than Matt. He can simply do 'more'. 

8 minutes ago, Hingle McCringleberry said:

To be fair, any year Rodgers stays healthy, he has a shot.

Didn’t you hear? LaFluer is a generational HC. What would A-A-Ron be without someone from Kyle’s loins; who was apparently a secret love child of Matt’s?

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Didn’t you hear? LaFluer is a generational HC. What would A-A-Ron be without someone from Kyle’s loins; who was apparently a secret love child of Matt’s?

You right, I forgot about that.

Ergo Proxy likes this

9 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

Sark cannot compare to LaFleur because at least LaFleur gained some experience in the NFL before taking a coordinator position, but I still do not believe LaFleur is ready for HC. This generation is so quick to want to move up instead of appreciating the process and taking the time and having the patience to get there. If I am LaFleur, I would have waited several more years before even considering a HC position. Heck, I even think Shanahan jumped the gun. . . . microwave, instant gratification generation. 

Yep. Very often they fizzle and can’t adjust. But why be objective in a subjective “debate” over reframing of context to suit a storyline or narrative?

Thats the beauty of writing. You can make up anything you want! Stick to story making though. ;)

Halcon-1 likes this

The fact that the Packers hired Lafluer and the Jets are interviewing Kingsbury tells me the bubble on boy wonder Offensive Gurus is about to pop.

Halcon-1 likes this

The battle for me was James Stone vs Joe Hawley.  Now the battle is the question Lafluer or Sark for the Offensive coordinator position after the super bowl year.  I am sorry, but I would credit a guy who is a head coach for the Packers now OVER a guy who will most likely be a coordinator at some mid level College Football program

LOL LaFluer has proven absolutely nothing as a HC yet. He also hasn’t proved anything as an OC. The dude has literally done nothing of note in his career as of yet. 

CrimsonFalcon and Ergo Proxy like this

32 minutes ago, autigerfan said:

The fact that the Packers hired Lafluer and the Jets are interviewing Kingsbury tells me the bubble on boy wonder Offensive Gurus is about to pop.

Ah yep! It is only a fad.

1 hour ago, Halcon-1 said:

Agreed on the instant gratification generation. 

3 hours ago, vel said:

GTFOH!!! LMAO WHAT!?!?! 

I live in Nashville. Not a single person would have believed Lafleur was HC material. 

I don’t see LaFleur sticking up to A-Rod.  Guess this means Rodgers is now the OC & Head Coach.  Wish LaFleur the best, though.

If he was smart, day 1 he would gather coaching staff, players, waterboy & cheerleaders...then proceed to drop-kick A-Rod in the nuts to establish the pecking order

Posted (edited)

This is one of the biggest head-scratching hires I've ever seen. Dude has 1 season of play-calling experience....for the 28th ranked offense. Not to mention, it's been reported that DQ was unimpressed w/ him (https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2017/10/23/16527676/falcons-were-unimpressed-with-matt-lafleurs-work-and-let-him-walk-before-hiring-steve-sarkisian)  and Kyle Shanahan didnt bring him along to SF either.

Dude has rode the coattails of some young, brilliant playcallers straight to a HC gig, while really doing nothing himself.

Edited by RubberDucky
CrimsonFalcon likes this

20 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Dude has rode the coattails of some young, brilliant playcallers straight to a HC gig, while really doing nothing himself.

That's all this is. He's being hired based on who he coached under (mainly Shanny) and they're hoping he has the same play calling skills. Totally a 'perceived potential' hire. 

DMT11 likes this

Posted (edited)

I’ll eat crow if I’m wrong, but this guy will be lucky to last two years in GB. He’s done NOTHING and was probably hired because he’ll be A-Rod’s doormat. Shanny didn’t even bring him along to SF and he wasn’t offered a position to stay here. That should tell you A LOT 

Edited by A Dog Named Brian